Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: REPORT: Houston, Chicago and Los Angeles discussing 3 team trade

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Jonathan Feigen, beat writer for the Rockets tweeted:

"Rockets are not a part of a sign-and-trade deal between the Bulls and Lakers, source said."

The tweet
    So Rockets won't do crap this off-season or what?

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by alanLA92
    So Rockets won't do crap this off-season or what?
    It's Morey, he always does SOMETHING. They're probably going to match Parsons or get Ariza.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    It's Morey, he always does SOMETHING. They're probably going to match Parsons or get Ariza.
    What's the word on Ariza to LA?

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    What's the word on Ariza to LA?
    All I know is that the Wizards are working their ass to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    What's crazy is, at the rate the offseason is going, they may pay Ariza only a few million less per year than Parsons for the same aount of years.

Then probably get less production out of Ariza than they would Parsons, but everyone will claim Morey was a genius for not matching the Mavericks offer.

I think the Rockets messed up by not trying to free up as much room as possible as soon as they could have and trying to land LBJ or Carmelo, even though neither was possible, instead of focusing solely on nabbing Bosh.

Now they might end up with Trevor Ariza as their prized FA instead of an AS PF.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Bird
    What's crazy is, at the rate the offseason is going, they may pay Ariza only a few million less per year than Parsons for the same aount of years.

Then probably get less production out of Ariza than they would Parsons, but everyone will claim Morey was a genius for not matching the Mavericks offer.

I think the Rockets messed up by not trying to free up as much room as possible as soon as they could have and trying to land LBJ or Carmelo, even though neither was possible, instead of focusing solely on nabbing Bosh.

Now they might end up with Trevor Ariza as their prized FA instead of an AS PF.
    Ariza just signed with Houston for 8 mill. Dallas pays Parsons 15 mill. Both on the same level as players. Dallas major fail, even lost Vince Carter

Just went to the Rockets fan site clutchfans.net -

as usual, all I saw were dozens of posts like,

"IN MOREY WE TRUST"

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Just went to the Rockets fan site clutchfans.net -

as usual, all I saw were dozens of posts like,

"IN MOREY WE TRUST"

LoL Euroleague acting like only Rockets fans praise their GM.

I saw "In Presti we trust" in the OKC forum after they signed Morrow.

I saw "Dan Gilbert da gawd" yesterday on the Cavs forum...

Seen a bunch of these.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Ariza just signed with Houston for 8 mill. Dallas pays Parsons 15 mill. Both on the same level as players. Dallas major fail, even lost Vince Carter
    You do know houston still wants to match Parsons offer, right? They want to play him as a stretch 4 next to Dwight, opening up the paint for him (kind of like Rashard Lewis did).

Not to mention, Parsons is 4 years younger than Ariza, has a player option in the third year (which, if he continues to progress as he has, with the rising salary cap, he WILL opt out of) and is better than Ariza was at age 25.

So I wouldn't celebrate this or Parsons leaving until Houston decides not to match.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut

So how many players has "Morey the genius" gotten rid of and/or then gotten back for more money or tried to get back for money later on then?

Dragic
    Ariza
    Lin
    Lowry

I am sure there are several more....

What an absolute "genius". You take a player on your roster and get rid of him, then wait awhile, and then try to reacquire him later on for MORE MONEY, when all you had to do initially if you wanted him, was sign him for LESS money in the first place...

BRILLIANT.

I mean, there are simply no words to describe the towering intellect that is this Morey guy.

He will probably try to get Parsons back for 16 million a year, in a year or two from now.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-12-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    LoL Euroleague acting like only Rockets fans praise their GM.

I saw "In Presti we trust" in the OKC forum after they signed Morrow.

I saw "Dan Gilbert da gawd" yesterday on the Cavs forum...

Seen a bunch of these.
    Strange, because just the other day you were claiming he was the greatest GM of all time....

So how many players has "Morey the genius" gotten rid of and/or then gotten back for more money or tried to get back for money later on then?

Dragic
    Ariza
    Lin
    Lowry

What an absolute "genius". You take a player on your roster and get rid of him, then wait awhile, and then try reacquire him later on for MORE MONEY, when all you had to do initially if you wanted him was sign him for LESS money in the first place...

BRILLIANT.

I mean, there are simply no words to describe the towering intellect that is this Morey guy.

He will probably try to get Parsons back for 16 million a year, in a year or two from now.
    Not only that, but they traded Ariza originally for Courtney Lee. Who was then traded for JaJuan Johnson, Sean Williams, E'Twaun Moore and a 2nd rd pick.

So they could have held on to Ariza, let him mature and grow in Houston, instead of trading him for a worse version of himself and then trading that version for what equated to a pile of crap, just to have to pay him $8mil a year 4 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird
    Not only that, but they traded Ariza originally for Courtney Lee. Who was then traded for JaJuan Johnson, Sean Williams, E'Twaun Moore and a 2nd rd pick.

So they could have held on to Ariza, let him mature and grow in Houston, instead of trading him for a worse version of himself and then trading that version for what equated to a pile of crap, just to have to pay him $8mil a year 4 years later.
    BRILLIANT

Dragic
    Ariza
    Lin
    Lowry

What an absolute "genius". You take a player on your roster and get rid of him, then wait awhile, and then try to reacquire him later on for MORE MONEY, when all you had to do initially if you wanted him, was sign him for LESS money in the first place...

BRILLIANT.

Math guys don't give a **** about human development