Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Bricking Jumpers

Default Re: say LeBron James wins in 2012 and 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    Says the guy, who just a page ago, said LeBron may not even be an elite perimeter player.
    Are you sure?

Being more versatile on offense does not always translate, and often DOES NOT translate, to being a more effective and efficient offensive player.
    Who could possibly be more of an exception to this rule than the guy Lebron's been taking lessons from? I wasn't speaking in generalities, I was talking about Hakeem Olajuwon. Dude above who was probably shitting in pampers when Olajuwon was going on his historic runs said he wasn't on the same level. Considering the esteem I have for O'Neal at his peak, I'm not up for being lectured on production vs versatility.

ShaqAttack3234] Not sure why I'm even responding to you considering the garbage you typically post.

Parish was a considerably better defender and rebounder than Bosh. He was also more of a post player and fit in much better as a 3rd option, especially considering he was one of the best centers at running the floor.

DJ vs Bibby? Really?

It's also worth mentioning that contenders were more stacked in general in the 80's, but your statements are way off as usual.

at the 80's Lakers not being up there, and how about the '83 Sixers? Moses, Dr. J(MVP winner and another all-nba first team/top 5 MVP candidate even that year), Andrew Toney(20 ppg scorer), Mo Cheeks(good offensive point guard and one of the best defensive point guards). That team had gone 58-24 and lost in game 6 of the finals the previous year to incredibly loaded Laker team and then added league MVP Moses Malone to that.......think about that for a minute.

The '67 Sixers? Went 68-13, ended a run of 8 consecutive Celtics titles by beating them in 5, beat a Warrior team with 2 all-time greats in Thurmond and Barry, had the best player in the game that year and MVP Wilt Chamberlain and several other good/great players such as hall of famer Hal Greer(10-time all-star and 7-time all-nba player), hall of famer Billy Cunningham(top 3 MVP candidate 2 years later, 3 all-nba first teams ect.) Chet Walker(7-time all-star) and Luke Jackson(all-star 2 years earlier) all in the primes of their career on the same team.

I could go on and on, the Heat have a ton of talent, especially compared to their era, but at no other teams comparing.
    You sound all Fussy again.....

why do you respond to me?

Answer = because I know when to call you on all your BullSh!t...

Your spit is whack and you try to hide behind looped hooks ....and yet I can still see through your lack of knowledge.

I'm talking about a team bieng "Stacked".....not being a great "team"...but being stacked talent and skill wise.

No way in Hell Parish is a more talented or skilled player then Chrish Bosh....did Parish fit in the system better and become a better 3rd option?.....maybe...But Chris Bosh is a Better player then Parish ....

I watched Parish in the 80's and I never seen him have ability to create offensively or be the stretched out defender Bosh has been....Bosh is a better offensive player and a slightly better stretched out defender also...

so please save us the Agenda B.S....

Dr.J was 32 and on his last legs.....LBJ>Dr.J....Moses Malone was putting up 24 and 10... Moses>Bosh....Wade> Toney ....fo sho...No where near 2 of the top 3 NBA players on the same team at their peak

Miami had a better team on paper with Miami's Big 3 outscoring Philly's Big 3....Miami having 3 allstars in their peak ..your only hope for your argument is Mo Cheeks playing so much better then Bibby and Chalmers...

But in terms of talent and skill ...Miami having 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA at their peak outshines Mo Cheeks slightly better perimeter defense then Chalmers and Bibby

all your other BS is just you talkin outta your behind....you never watched any of those teams from the 60's.....you just tryinn to sound Big...but failing just like Shaq.

please don't respond....i see right through your revisionist history.

next

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    You sound all Fussy again.....

why do you respond to me?

Answer = because I know when to call you on all your BullSh!t...

Your spit is whack and you try to hide behind looped hooks ....and yet I can still see through your lack of knowledge.

I'm talking about a team bieng "Stacked".....not being a great "team"...but being stacked talent and skill wise.

No way in Hell Parish is a more talented or skilled player then Chrish Bosh....did Parish fit in the system better and become a better 3rd option?.....maybe...But Chris Bosh is a Better player then Parish ....

I watched Parish in the 80's and I never seen him have ability to create offensively or be the stretched out defender Bosh has been....Bosh is a better offensive player and a slightly better stretched out defender also...

so please save us the Agenda B.S....

Dr.J was 32 and on his last legs.....LBJ>Dr.J....Moses Malone was putting up 24 and 10... Moses>Bosh....Wade> Toney ....fo sho...No where near 2 of the top 3 NBA players on the same team at their peak

Miami had a better team on paper with Miami's Big 3 outscoring Philly's Big 3....Miami having 3 allstars in their peak ..your only hope for your argument is Mo Cheeks playing so much better then Bibby and Chalmers...

But in terms of talent and skill ...Miami having 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA at their peak outshines Mo Cheeks slightly better perimeter defense then Chalmers and Bibby

all your other BS is just you talkin outta your behind....you never watched any of those teams from the 60's.....you just tryinn to sound Big...but failing just like Shaq.

please don't respond....i see right through your revisionist history.

next
    Actually, I know a lot more about NBA history than you do, and anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge on the subject knows how talented the '67 Sixers were.

What fucking agenda could I possibly have here?

As far as the '83 Sixers? You're exposing yourself as a complete moron and troll once again.

Dr. J was on his last legs? Hmmm.

1982- 3rd in MVP voting, led Philadelphia to a 58-24 record and to the finals.

That's what he did as the man on his team, just a year earlier. Now onto the year in question.

1983- 5th in MVP voting, all-nba first team

A team is more than just 3 players.

Moses Malone was the MVP and he replaced Caldwell Jones on a 58-24 finals team.

Bobby Jones had made the all-star team in both 1981 and 1982(4 NBA all-star teams overall and another ABA all-star selection), he also made 8 consecutive all-defensive first teams from '77-'84, 10 if you include the 2 that he made in the ABA and he made an additional all-defensive second team in 1985.

That all-star and perennial member of the all-defensive team was pushed to the bench and played only 24 mpg because the '83 Sixers were so loaded. He went on to win the 6th man of the year award.

Mo Cheeks also made the all-star team in 1983(the first of 4 selections) and the first of 4 consecutive all-defensive first teams and 5 consecutive all-defensive teams overall.

Andrew Toney was the 3rd option, and still putting up 20/5 on 50% shooting, he also made the all-star team in '83, he'd make another one in '84 but his career went downhill due to injuries.

The '83 Sixers had the MVP, 2 all-nba first team members, 4 all-stars overall, 3 members of the all-defensive first team and the 6th man of the year who had been an all-star the previous 2 seasons.

These are facts.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 08-12-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Actually, I know a lot more about NBA history than you do, and anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge on the subject knows how talented the '67 Sixers were.

What fucking agenda could I possibly have here?

As far as the '83 Sixers? You're exposing yourself as a complete moron and troll once again.

Dr. J was on his last legs? Hmmm.

1982- 3rd in MVP voting, led Philadelphia to a 58-24 record and to the finals.

That's what he did as the man on his team, just a year earlier. Now onto the year in question.

1983- 5th in MVP voting, all-nba first team

A team is more than just 3 players.

Moses Malone was the MVP and he replaced Caldwell Jones on a 58-24 finals team.

Bobby Jones had made the all-star team in 1982, he also made 8 consecutive all-defensive first teams from '77-'84, 10 if you include the 2 that he made in the ABA and he made an additional all-defensive second team in 1985.

That all-star and perennial member of the all-defensive team was pushed to the bench and played only 24 mpg because the '83 Sixers were so loaded. He went on to win the 6th man of the year award.

Mo Cheeks also made the all-star team in 1983(the first of 4 selections) and the first of 4 consecutive all-defensive first teams and 5 consecutive all-defensive teams overall.

Andrew Toney was the 3rd option, and still putting up 20/5 on 50% shooting, he also made the all-star team in '83, he'd make another one in '84 but his career went downhill due to injuries.

The '83 Sixers had the MVP, 2 all-nba first team members, 4 all-stars overall, 3 members of the all-defensive first team and the 6th man of the year who had been an all-star the previous season.

These are facts.

1rst...so you admit you never watched the 60's teams?...great so your full of sh!t

2nd......Your saying a 32 year old Dr.J is on par with a 26 year old Lebron James?...your full of sh!t again...and Toney was No where near D Wade....

3rd....the 80's were a totally different era...when many teams had multiple stars....were talking about modern NBA with 3 Top 15 players all in their prime with 2 top 3 players....to go along with a former allstar Big Man coming off the bench.

if Bobby Jones making the ABA allstar team in the 70's is proving you right when Udonis Haslem is putting up better numbers then You got me.

But in the Modern era having the Roster that the Heat have with 2 top 3 players in their peak is like having 7 allstars on 1 team during the 80's

Your knowledge is blinded by your bland elitist attitude that reeks of BS....really comparing Toney and 32 year old Dr.J to Wade and James is silly and Tired.

2X League MVP and perhaps the most Athletically gifted player ever....plus one of the greatest SG's in NBA History..to go along with a 24PPG 10 reb caliber Top 5 PF all In Their Prime> 32 year old Dr.J , Toney , Malone and Bobby Jones....those are facts.

I have forgotten more basketball while watching Head Bangers Ball and Yo MTV Raps then you and your weak azz BS will ever post on the interwebz...

next
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 08-12-2011 at 12:51 AM.

7-time NBA All-Star

1rst...so you admit you never watched the 60's teams?...great so your full of sh!t

2nd......Your saying a 32 year old Dr.J is on par with a 26 year old Lebron James?...your full of sh!t again...and James Toney was No where near D Wade....

3rd....the 80's were a totally different era...when many teams had multiple stars....were talking about modern NBA with 3 Top 15 players all in their prime with 2 top 3 players....to go along with a former allstar Big Man coming off the bench.

if Bobby Jones making the ABA allstar team in the 70's is proving you right when Udonis Haslem is putting up better numbers then You got me.

But in the Modern era having the Roster that the Heat have with 2 top 3 players in their peak is like having 7 allstars on 1 team during the 80's

Your knowledge is blinded by your bland elitist attitude that reeks of BS....really comparing Toney and 32 year old Dr.J to Wade and James is silly and Tired.

I have forgotten more basketball while watching Head Bangers Ball and Yo MTV Raps then you and your weak azz BS will ever post on the interwebz...

next
    You didn't even know who Andrew Toney was. But yeah, you've forgotten more than I know. Ok....

Who the hell is comparing just Dr. J and Toney to Wade? A basketball team is more than 2 players, The '83 Sixers had 5 all-star caliber players, one of them coming off the bench, 2 of them on the all-nba first team that year.

Think about this, regardless of era, they add the league MVP to a team that was already in the finals...

Once again, I'm done arguing with you. You don't even attempt to have a real discussion. I come here to discuss basketball, but I have no idea why you do. I don't believe that you actually believe a lot of what you post, and this is a prime example.

A guy who claims to be in their 30's, yet spends a good chunk of his time trolling a message board?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    You didn't even know who Andrew Toney was. But yeah, you've forgotten more than I know. Ok....

Who the hell is comparing just Dr. J and Toney to Wade? A basketball team is more than 2 players, The '83 Sixers had 5 all-star caliber players, one of them coming off the bench, 2 of them on the all-nba first team that year.

Think about this, regardless of era, they add the league MVP to a team that was already in the finals...

Once again, I'm done arguing with you. You don't even attempt to have a real discussion. I come here to discuss basketball, but I have no idea why you do. I don't believe that you actually believe a lot of what you post, and this is a prime example.

A guy who claims to be in their 30's, yet spends a good chunk of his time trolling a message board?
    I know who "toney" is..he's a chubby Middleweight that just got merked by a 46 year old wrestler...

I caught my self thinking about MMA that's why changed it...(before you said anything)..so neener...neener...neener!

and Your saying the Sixers having Cheeks and Bobby Jones makes them more stacked then the Heat with James , Wade , and Bosh all in their prime.

again....Your saying Cheeks and Jones somehow make up for the clear gap in skill and athleticism.....that Bosh Wade and James have over Toney and Dr.J?????

and to add....The Heat have Haslem (who was putting equal or better numbers then Jones) and Bibby/Chalmers....not exactly scrubs..

and you don't come here to talk Hoops....you come here to sound like a elitist fan spewing trash to sound smart. ..you just got all fussy because I see through your Bunk.

I just come here to have fun....I don't need to spew garbage and act like I'm better then everyone because I know how to type about the 67' sixers or Drew Toney and bobby Jones

please don't respond to me....your fussy and Butthurt because I know my game and can call you on it.

pleez...Next

Quote Originally Posted by TAC602
    Are you sure?

Mixed you guys up. Sorry about that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I know who "toney" is..he's a chubby Middleweight that just got merked by a 46 year old wrestler...

I caught my self thinking about MMA that's why changed it...(before you said anything)..so neener...neener...neener!

and Your saying the Sixers having Cheeks and Bobby Jones makes them more stacked then the Heat with James , Wade , and Bosh all in their prime.

again....Your saying Cheeks and Jones somehow make up for the clear gap in skill and athleticism.....that Bosh Wade and James have over Toney and Dr.J?????

and to add....The Heat have Haslem (who was putting equal or better numbers then Jones) and Bibby/Chalmers....not exactly scrubs..

and you don't come here to talk Hoops....you come here to sound like a elitist fan spewing trash to sound smart. ..you just got all fussy because I see through your Bunk.

I just come here to have fun....I don't need to spew garbage and act like I'm better then everyone because I know how to type about the 67' sixers or Drew Toney and bobby Jones

please don't respond to me....your fussy and Butthurt because I know my game and can call you on it.

pleez...Next

Bibby: 3.6 PER in the playoffs this year. 28% fg. 26% 3. 50% FT. 37% TS. He's a horrible defender as well. He was the very definition of a scrub. Its hard to play worse in 21 minutes a game. 4 points 2 boards 1 assist. LOL

You obviously didn't watch so many of the great teams to play in the NBA. Its not just about raw talent. Yes, that is probably the most important aspect of winning in the NBA, but that talent has to fit together. And teams need certain things to win. The Heat were/are definitely stacked....but they are hardly the most stacked team ever in terms of ability to win. Wade and Lebron don't fit together. Bosh doesn't bring anything to the table defensively and he's mentally/physically soft. Why is Bosh still considered an elite player? He's a rich man's Antawn Jamison if I'm being kind. Maybe he would be better in a different role on a different team, but that is not where he is. He's on the Heat....and on the Heat he's probably not even a top 20 player in the league.

The 83 Sixers were simply a more "stacked" team in terms of winning. Along with the 86 Celtics.....and many other teams throughout NBA history.

But anyway...back to Bibby not being a scrub. LOL...he was probably the worst player in the entire playoffs based on impact combined with minutes played. He was simply all time bad.

@Dmavs,

Why on earth wasn't Chalmers starting? I still don't get this,

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    @Dmavs,

Why on earth wasn't Chalmers starting? I still don't get this,
    There must have been some issue about Bibby not being able to play with the bench unit because of his inept play on both sides. I'm sure the thinking was that if he's that bad with star players out there....how bad would he be in the 2nd unit.

But that speaks to the point. Bibby was absolutely horrible....and he was playing 21 minutes a game. On a team that already was paper thin.

I just think people forget that Bibby was terrible. Miller didn't do anything. James Jones fell out of the rotation for some nagging injury reasons. Chalmers has little experience. Anthony can't get a rebound or finish to save his life. I love Haslem, but he wasn't himself yet really. He only played 12 games in the playoffs and was a 5/5 player in 24 minutes and shot under 40%.

Then you get to the big 3. Wade and Lebron don't compliment each other great. Bosh provides very little of what the Heat actually needed out of a big.

Now, if Miller and Haslem had been healthy and played like they normally do then this conversation might be different. But think about this:

Miller/Haslem/Anthony/Bibby combined for 15 points 15 boards 4 assists and shot somewhere around 35% from the field combined in the playoffs. LOL

That is not the most stacked team ever. No ****ing way. Stacked? Absolutely. All time stacked big 3? Sure. Most stacked team ever? LOL
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 08-12-2011 at 05:35 PM.