Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default NBA 2k10 MY PLAYER MODE

Anyone Playing NBA 2k10 MY Player mode on PS3?

Root Of All Evil

Default Re: NBA 2k10 MY PLAYER MODE

No, I'm playing the superior NBA game aka NBA Live 2010. With it's more NBA like action, better player models, more accurate fine tuned details, smoother animations, better signature player shots, a sick an actual managable dribble controls, non glitchy animations and presentations, and down right better game from visuals to gameplay.

Don't buy into the hypebeasts. Who spout the same stuff every year. "2k this, 2k that" ...

Yes, there was a time when 2k was by far superior product, but that was when most kids here were looking up to their older siblings and what they liked, now they spit off the same things cause it sounds right or if its down right legit.

It's all the way LIVE for me this year.

And I copped both (kept the 2k10 slip cover though, gotta love having my boy on the cover in eye popping visuals in 3d)

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    No, I'm playing the superior NBA game aka NBA Live 2010. With it's more NBA like action, better player models, more accurate fine tuned details, smoother animations, better signature player shots, a sick an actual managable dribble controls, non glitchy animations and presentations, and down right better game from visuals to gameplay.

Don't buy into the hypebeasts. Who spout the same stuff every year. "2k this, 2k that" ...

Yes, there was a time when 2k was by far superior product, but that was when most kids here were looking up to their older siblings and what they liked, now they spit off the same things cause it sounds right or if its down right legit.

It's all the way LIVE for me this year.

And I copped both (kept the 2k10 slip cover though, gotta love having my boy on the cover in eye popping visuals in 3d)
    Out of all the positives you just named out of Live (I'm not gonna dispute them), how can you name the graphics as being superior? They look like shiny plastic dolls.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    Out of all the positives you just named out of Live (I'm not gonna dispute them), how can you name the graphics as being superior? They look like shiny plastic dolls.
    Really?

Live has always had better graphics. Their players are built proportionately LIKE NBA players. Whodda thunk it?

In 2k for sometime now they've been built like rotund fullbacks in football. It's emberassing.

If you'eve ever been to an NBA game, seen basketball players in person, you'd know they're not built like this ... they are long. Long arms, long legs, skinny legs, etc. In fact when you see alot of them in person you'd think their legs are disgustingly thin, and wonder how they manage jumping so high with seemingly no built calf muscles. Kobe? T-Mac? VC? Jordan? RAIL thin chicken legs. In 2k everyone is built like fullbacks. With kanckles and fat legs, stubby arms ... it's weird looking.

As for the skin and "plasticy" look? Are you serious? Live looks life like ... where as the 2k player models look casper the friendly ghost like in comparison. See through, almost hallow with no sort of precense or weight to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Really?

Live has always had better graphics. Their players are built proportionately LIKE NBA players. Whodda thunk it?

In 2k for sometime now they've been built like rotund fullbacks in football. It's emberassing.

If you'eve ever been to an NBA game, seen basketball players in person, you'd know they're not built like this ... they are long. Long arms, long legs, skinny legs, etc. In fact when you see alot of them in person you'd think their legs are disgustingly thin, and wonder how they manage jumping so high with seemingly no built calf muscles. Kobe? T-Mac? VC? Jordan? RAIL thin chicken legs. In 2k everyone is built like fullbacks. With kanckles and fat legs, stubby arms ... it's weird looki
    As for the skin and "plasticy" look? Are you serious? Live looks life like ... where as the 2k player models look casper the friendly ghost like in comparison. See through, almost hallow with no sort of precense or weight to them.

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

I just played both demos again and Live certainly does have better in game graphics. 2k has FANTASTIC graphics during the closeups and CG shots, but during the actual game, it looks like last-gen graphics. The crowd and arena are also markedly better in live.

I still think passing is a lot better in live. The deeper franchise mode is making me consider 2k though... it's such a hard decision between the two.

New Uni's 2010-2011 New Jazzy Nets's Avatar

what did live do this year? cliam to fix their ****tyness from years past? added the in season thing on franchise to play games the same day? the same thing that 2k has? Now 2k does have some annoying glitches. But its still the better game. Play what you want, let me know when you drop 5 bucks for the replacement refs DLC.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Live is solid this year, but 2k10 is still the better game.

Banned

Live is for little kids who does not know anything about basketball. Live is just like showtime but with 5 people and rules.

2k10 is Sick! If you a real baller that plays real ball then you get this.

Now back to my question WHO HAS 2k10 for PS3 and playing My PLAYER MODE?

umm anyways back to the thread, i play myplayer mode im stuck 10 games into the dakota wizards d league =\ my average is a A on the team

averagin 14ppg, 1.4 assists, 4 rebounds

and thats with 5 minute quarters

Local High School Star

Man I have a 7-5 300 pound center with rating of 51 and I averaged a team grade of A+ and 23/11 with 80% FG shooting and 100% on free throws and the stupid ass suns cut me from their training camp. Now I am in d-league and I don't even get to start so I can't get the required average rating of an A because I only get like 3 minutes a game.

What's the trick into getting through training camp? I dominated all my opponents on all 6 games and I still got cut is it cause my rating is low or was it just the wrong team to try and get into? They are starting robin lopez so I don't see how bringing me off the bench can be much worse. Cheap ass sarver probably didn't want to offer me a contract.

New Uni's 2010-2011 New Jazzy Nets's Avatar

ps3 no, however i am playing on 360. I got drafted by the cavs number 30 verall and after having what i thought was a pretty good camp they chose not to keep me. Then i was free to try out for every other team ( which i thought was gay) but anyway i went to training camp with the jazz and my 3rd game i think it was i was on the flash. So i guess i didnt make it through camp without getting cut. anywho after about 8 games i think i got called up to the jazz and just finished the tmobile rookie challenege winning game MVP so im just about at 50 games through the season. averaging 14pts,4reb,4ast,1.5spg,1blk usually as a backup, some games i start. I get the bulk of the minutes at the 3 but get moved around to the 2 and 4. Im a 6'7 SF. Lost most of my games at first but then the computer made a trade that sent millsap to the hornets(martin was dealt earlier in the season for david west) and brought in kevin martin.

miami heat starting pg here..... at 6"5 after like 10 games they started me, then after 13 they traded chalmers to OKC for a 1st guess they rly like me lol
    after about 20 games i just got moved down to the d league.... cuz i had two bad games...
    this is rly annoying now i dnt start on the d league.... but get an A+ team mate grade and its rly easy to get skill pts in the d league im getting 1500 SP a game so ima just use this time to make my guy better
    Last edited by MeLO MvP 15; 10-11-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
    what did live do this year? cliam to fix their ****tyness from years past? added the in season thing on franchise to play games the same day? the same thing that 2k has? Now 2k does have some annoying glitches. But its still the better game. Play what you want, let me know when you drop 5 bucks for the replacement refs DLC.
    Haha, 2k stole **** from live, don't act like it didn't. Live 365 was cutting edge last year, of course 2k had to figure out a way to incorporate it.

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

Regarding Live:

When you can score nearly 200 points in a 12 minute regulation game... you know something is not right.

anyway, I haven't gotten 2k10 yet, but I plan to soon. I did download the Draft Combine. Same concept as My Player. Just gives a few additional chances to boost the skill points.

Though some people have managed to link their xboxes to their PCs somehow and inputted a cheat code to make their draft combine plays all rated 99.