Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Default Re: So LeBron is a "Clutch God" right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    They won the Championship.. U apparently are not even a real basketball fan not knowing that. IF your gonna be a troll at least know your basketball.
    he said lebron's game 6 at boston, that cud be 2010 u idiot

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    Do you really believe that?
    LeBron has had a lot of clutch moments.
    a lot of clutch moments with 1 given ring, finals appearences 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    im talking about 2010 not 2012

There's a certain kind of moment in a game that players like Karl Malone, Chris Webber, Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, the Denver Nuggets as a unit, the Memphis Grizzlies as a unit, etc. dread.

And for (often way inferior) players and teams like Sam Cassell, the Spurs, Chris Paul, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Durant and Westbrook both, Steve Nash, Dirk, et al., their eyes light up.

The difference between these two groups is the second group is guys who know what they're about. They know how they execute. When there's no room for creativity and free-flowing play, when you have option A and option B to work with and no time for anything else, they know what that means and what to do. And they go out and do it without having to think.

But guys like Lebron, Carmelo, the Nuggets? Any given night, there's no telling where the offense is going to come from, how they're going to score. I don't think I've seen Melo score from the same place twice in his whole career, or in the same way. And when it's crunchtime, all of a sudden there's nothing to do but pull up with a guy draped all over him (sometimes it goes in). Lebron? Same story - 27 points always, in transition, open shot, gets hot in the 3rd and scores ten straight, here a putback, there a lob, there he sees a hole in the defense and attacks it. 55% shooting. But now it's crunchtime and he's not on fire. All he can do is drive until there is a man open he can pass to. And indeed that's all he does. What is Lebron's go-to move? He doesn't have one. Who is the Nuggets' number one option? They don't have one. Their go-to play? They don't have one. And you can see it in their eyes when crunch time comes. They don't know what they're about.

That's what separates champs from could've-beens. Some of these could've-beens have/will win titles, but the odds are against them.

Oh, and "analytics"? Won't do you any good in the last 2 minutes of a close game. No good whatsoever. That's when you turn your Larry Bird on and put the calculator away. You gotta know what you're about.

Banned

And this is the GOAT according to Riley and half of the Heat's fanbase Lebron fans think clutchness is the least important trait in a player. Dat regular season dominance Who needs to be clutch when you've got sharpshooters Ray Allen and Chris Bosh on your team?

Oh.. One more thing. Willds09 is a fa99ot and a high school dropout. I apologise if you type the way you do and say the things you do because of a learning disability.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveRings
    And this is the GOAT according to Riley and half of the Heat's fanbase Lebron fans think clutchness is the least important trait in a player. Dat regular season dominance Who needs to be clutch when you've got sharpshooters Ray Allen and Chris Bosh on your team?

Oh.. One more thing. Willds09 is a fa99ot and a high school dropout. I apologise if you type the way you do and say the things you do because of a learning disability.
    man u whish and why u mad at me for? what i do wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    There's a certain kind of moment in a game that players like Karl Malone, Chris Webber, Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, the Denver Nuggets as a unit, the Memphis Grizzlies as a unit, etc. dread.

And for (often way inferior) players and teams like Sam Cassell, the Spurs, Chris Paul, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Durant and Westbrook both, Steve Nash, Dirk, et al., their eyes light up.

The difference between these two groups is the second group is guys who know what they're about. They know how they execute. When there's no room for creativity and free-flowing play, when you have option A and option B to work with and no time for anything else, they know what that means and what to do. And they go out and do it without having to think.

But guys like Lebron, Carmelo, the Nuggets? Any given night, there's no telling where the offense is going to come from, how they're going to score. I don't think I've seen Melo score from the same place twice in his whole career, or in the same way. And when it's crunchtime, all of a sudden there's nothing to do but pull up with a guy draped all over him (sometimes it goes in). Lebron? Same story - 27 points always, in transition, open shot, gets hot in the 3rd and scores ten straight, here a putback, there a lob, there he sees a hole in the defense and attacks it. 55% shooting. But now it's crunchtime and he's not on fire. All he can do is drive until there is a man open he can pass to. And indeed that's all he does. What is Lebron's go-to move? He doesn't have one. Who is the Nuggets' number one option? They don't have one. Their go-to play? They don't have one. And you can see it in their eyes when crunch time comes. They don't know what they're about.

That's what separates champs from could've-beens. Some of these could've-beens have/will win titles, but the odds are against them.

Oh, and "analytics"? Won't do you any good in the last 2 minutes of a close game. No good whatsoever. That's when you turn your Larry Bird on and put the calculator away. You gotta know what you're about.

Did you just group Carmelo Anthony (widely regarded as one of the most clutch players in the league) and Lebron James together in terms of ability to hit clutch shots? So you're saying Melo doesn't have a go to move or is afraid/can't hit big shots in end of game situations? Are you high?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    man u whish and why u mad at me for? what i do wrong??
    Whish? Whish? You can't even god damn properly spell wish?

You din du nuttin 2 makk me mad for. It naught ur falt yu have lurning disbilitie. I sorie willds. U cool miy ni99uh i ent mad at yuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    Some players get their airballs cleaned up for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5uP3bylWFs
    this is why you need good offensive rebounders with players like kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    Some players get their airballs cleaned up for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5uP3bylWFs
    dayum...
    that was sure impressive airball pass from Kobrick
    Clutch god for sure

Banned

The problem with Lebron is that he cares about his stats. Tonight he should have shot the ball a lot more. He needed more attempts considering how close the game was but deferred.

You cannot defer to teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveRings
    Whish? Whish? You can't even god damn properly spell wish?

You din du nuttin 2 makk me mad for. It naught ur falt yu have lurning disbilitie. I sorie willds. U cool miy ni99uh i ent mad at yuh.
    i can see tha hate, it definitely shows

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

What I hate about Bron is that he fades too much instead of going strong.

There was a moment I thought he was gonna attack, then all of a sudden he shoots a leaning fadeaway

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    What I hate about Bron is that he fades too much instead of going strong.

There was a moment I thought he was gonna attack, then all of a sudden he shoots a leaning fadeaway
    he thought he was kobe or jordan for a moment

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    he thought he was kobe or jordan for a moment
    Well he missed it, so he was Kobe.