One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default I'm kind of sick how nowadays everything seems to pertain to physical attraction

It's just something I have realized once I have been in my 20s for a few years now.

Seems like our society doesn't have any substance at times.

Decent playground baller They Won's Avatar

Default Re: I'm kind of sick how nowadays everything seems to pertain to physical attraction

I'm sure somebody will eventually see you past your looks.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Default Re: I'm kind of sick how nowadays everything seems to pertain to physical attraction

Then they'll just hate him for his personality.

Maybe you're a late bloomer bro. Don't lose hope.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

OP must be a FAT ****.

NBA All-star

I think it's safe that you can simply take away the attraction part. and the statement still holds true more than ever.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

5-time NBA All-Star

Firstly, every human has Will. And with that Will they're given control of where to choose their focus and attention. You seem to be into romance and lust at the moment. Therefore the World reflects your Will.

Secondly, what does substance even mean? Depth? Are you implying that mating is shallow? Are you seriously pondering that something as crucial to the survival of the human race as the propagation of genes and the mating rituals involved with which spouse selects which spouse is shallow? No, sir. There goes thousand of calculations, feelings, and many important things of deep substance into it. Volumes of literature have been written. Thousands of songs have been sung. Phenylalanine has been rendered. Oxytocin has been generated. Lives have been lost.

Thirdly, if what you seek is wisdom or technical skill or Truth, then by all means Will yourself to search for it. It's there. It's always been there .It has always been there. Matthew 7:7

no it doesn't. that statement is more applicable to men than women, truth be told. women are more attracted to personality than looks.

Women care very little about looks. I see plenty of attractive women with average, skinny-fat shlups.