Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: So since Baron Davis hasn't signed the contract...

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    That's not the point I'm trying to get across. My point is that there have been verbal agreements in the past and they didn't exactly turn out like they were suppose to.

Remember John Salmons. Dude was suppose to play for the Raptors, yet he said God didn't want him there and suddenly he is a King although he had a verbal agreement.
    Oh ok, got you. You're right, and I don't blame Baron for doing it, if he does, but I think he wants to play in LA

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Verbal agreements don't mean **** till you sign the piece of paper. Go ask Eric Gordon.

Anyone following college basketball knows that decommitting is part of the game. I doubt it's any different in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Oh ok, got you. You're right, and I don't blame Baron for doing it, if he does, but I think he wants to play in LA
    Well, Baron won't really have any money offers elsewhere. The Warriors are set to offer Maggette 50M, Elton is going to the Sixers. No one has cap space that is going to try to lure Baron away anymore.

Baron is stuck in LA, too bad things didn't turn out how they were suppose to be.

The only thing that can free Davis now is if in the verbal agreement it was stated that Elton Brand had to resign or he could go elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Verbal agreements don't mean **** till you sign the piece of paper. Go ask Eric Gordon.

Anyone following college basketball knows that decommitting is part of the game. I doubt it's any different in the NBA.
    Exactly what I said

verbal agreement is like a commitment
    signing the contract is the letter of intent

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Well, Baron won't really have any money offers elsewhere. The Warriors are set to offer Maggette 50M, Elton is going to the Sixers. No one has cap space that is going to try to lure Baron away anymore.

Baron is stuck in LA, too bad things didn't turn out how they were suppose to be.
    Well, if he thinks he can remain healthy, he could sign for the MLE somewhere for one season then get a big contract next season

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

I have a feeling there is going to be at least one more big twist in this story. Maybe a last minute sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    I have a feeling there is going to be at least one more big twist in this story. Maybe a last minute sign and trade.
    Could happen, but won't be much of a big twist. It might be Elton S&T'd for the Wolves 2nd rounder which Phila acquired or Jason Smith or something, but won't be anything worth ****, at least to the Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Well, if he thinks he can remain healthy, he could sign for the MLE somewhere for one season then get a big contract next season
    The odds of that happening are slim. Regardless of how hard you train and try to keep away from injury, there will always be the risk of injury. From a business standpoint, you take the money the Clippers are giving you and never look back. It's just financially smart, you don't put yourself in a vulnerable position unless you REALLY REALLY want to win. Honestly, the way I would see it, I can win later in life I'll make the money now while I'm still young.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

If I were Baron i'd say fucc the verbal agreement. But he is from LA so he might have more incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    If I were Baron i'd say fucc the verbal agreement. But he is from LA so he might have more incentive.
    there are no other takers though..

Good High School Starter

No one can offer 5 years 65 mil, Baron is stuck.

If Baron were to change his mind nobody could blame him, him agreeing was with the intention of playing with Elton. The only problem is he would be stuck in a market that now just includes Memphis and the Clips. I say it would be in his best interest to tuck tail and try to get Golden State to change their mind and decide to offer him back some of that money that he left on the table.

shhhhhhh

Qrich, should the clippers pull the offer to baron and regrop? get ready to make a run at one of the big 2010 free agents instead? they have the perfect chance right now to do it

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    If Baron were to change his mind nobody could blame him, him agreeing was with the intention of playing with Elton. The only problem is he would be stuck in a market that now just includes Memphis and the Clips. I say it would be in his best interest to tuck tail and try to get Golden State to change their mind and decide to offer him back some of that money that he left on the table.
    They've offered it to Maggette though. They had to renounce his rights to do so. His only choice is sign with LA, or break off the verbal agreement and go sign for a 1 year deal MLE (like qrich suggested) elsewhere. I doubt he would be stupid enough to do that.