Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

I got kind of tired of MGS so I started playing KotOR again. Such a great game. I'm still not anywhere near the end but it's so addicting.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    I got kind of tired of MGS so I started playing KotOR again. Such a great game. I'm still not anywhere near the end but it's so addicting.
    Yes Kotor is a classic and really helped to get the ball rolling for WRPGs along with the "decision making" abilties in games like Mass Effect and Deus Ex HR.

As for MGS, yeah, I go back and forth on this series. On one hand it'll kick off each story so seriously, but then it'll ramp up the CRAZY with each passing hour of the game.

I know its pretty much a Kojima trademark, but yeah it can eventually wear u out. May mess around with Twin Snakes later on, depending on my mood.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Okay, I bought Madden and it's pretty good but EA Sports has two things that bother me as to why they can't fix it.

1) Their collision engine is ridiculous. Like... why in FIFA and Madden do my players seem to die when they fall. Madden is the worst. It's almost entertaining in a way to see my player just lie there like their dead, or trip over and rag doll everything.

2) Madden is the sloooooooowest game! In an era of lightning fast games Madden takes forever to go from screen to screen, and loading in games. I suppose FIFA takes a while too, but at least we have minigames to keep us busy. But the responsiveness on menus is super sluggish. And the regular presentation has elements that you can't skip or speed up.

It's just weird. They're small complaints but... damn. It's been years EA get this shit together.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Also Among the Sleep is awesome and genuinely terrifying.

Holy shit this fvcking game.

Just got off Korriban for the last Star Map. I already knew of the big twist, but the Leviathan chapter was still amazing. Very intense.

Holy shit this fvcking game.

Just got off Korriban for the last Star Map. I already knew of the big twist, but the Leviathan chapter was still amazing. Very intense.
    I was playing this on my Note 4 and got stuck a couple of times and gave up. I need to get back to it.

I can't see myself buying a game for a few months. I've got Crusader Kings 2 on the computer, I'm finding myself getting back into Don Bradman Cricket 14 on the PS3, and have a few games I play on mobile. Seeing as how I'm low on time anyway, I have enough to keep me very busy for a while.

So no MGSV, AC: Sydicate, and whatever else I was thinking about getting this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I was playing this on my Note 4 and got stuck a couple of times and gave up. I need to get back to it.
    Yeah I stopped on Dantooine and didnt play again for a few months. Decided to give it another shot and I love it now. Once you start moving around to different planets, it gets fun. I could not wait to get off that planet though.

What's it like on mobile? I've only played the Steam version, but it's fairly popular on Android. Seems like a strange way to play it.

Yeah I stopped on Dantooine and didnt play again for a few months. Decided to give it another shot and I love it now. Once you start moving around to different planets, it gets fun. I could not wait to get off that planet though.

What's it like on mobile? I've only played the Steam version, but it's fairly popular on Android. Seems like a strange way to play it.
    I just loaded it to check where I was stuck. I'm at the Sith base at Taris. My whole team keeps getting wrecked.

It's not bad. I play on the Note which is huge so it's not like playing on a tiny screen. The controls are a bit strange but it works. I've never played the game on any other format so it's to compare. I also play Limbo on this device. Works great.

Finally got a PS4 after putting it off for a while. Picked up FIFA 16 and also 2K16 to start off.

Anyone but the guy above me got Fifa? What do you think?

I'm finding it insanely hard to create chances. I can defend ok and I can keep possession but just no magic in the final third. I'm using Arsenal in a 4-3-3 (either hold or defensive) with Sanchez-Remy-Ox as my front three with Ozil behind them.

I've had a play with formations, line-ups and tactics and so far I've increased build-up speed and passing risk. This has helped with creating but I still can't make clear chances.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Anyone but the guy above me got Fifa? What do you think?

I'm finding it insanely hard to create chances. I can defend ok and I can keep possession but just no magic in the final third. I'm using Arsenal in a 4-3-3 (either hold or defensive) with Sanchez-Remy-Ox as my front three with Ozil behind them.

I've had a play with formations, line-ups and tactics and so far I've increased build-up speed and passing risk. This has helped with creating but I still can't make clear chances.
    It is definitely harder to get the ball in the back of the net than previous games. I like it though, feels really rewarding when you finally break through and score.

Defences are so much better than before and keep their shape and interceptions are much improved also. The game feels so much more balanced, and I have been really impressed with it so far.

used to play fifa every year. sick of it now. same old shit.

Figured out how to create. All is good, for now. I bought Ramires (~