Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tonight Lebron faced more pressure than any athlete in the history of modern sports

Nobody should be ripping LBJ after this. You can't play any better than he did tonight. It was a remarkable performance.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Tonight Lebron faced more pressure than any athlete in the history of modern sports

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Boston needed 47 free throws to negate what he did tonight...

Yeah he faced a lot of pressure, and responded very well - but most in modern era? Hell no. This isn't even the Finals, it's just the ECF. Miami just let Lebron do him in the first half while doing the dirty work like rebounding. Then all chipped in when Lebron came back down to Earth. Wade, Chalmers, Haslem all had very solid games.
    Okay fine, more pressure than anyone besides the pressure he himself had last year in the Finals.

If you think Dirk or anyone else had anything close to as much pressure as Lebron, you are kidding yourself. If Dirk lost, it would not have been news to anyone. Lebron loses, and its headline news all over the place. There is probably an official stat of this (headlines across major newspapers in the country) that I can prove it with.

Go ask your neighbor and his wife and his kids who Dirk Nowitzki is and I'll give you a dollar if they get it right.

Then ask them who Lebron James is, and what they think of him and what they'd think if he fails to win the Finals.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 06-07-2012 at 11:13 PM.

There is a reason it's headlines when he losses.

1. He's the best player in the game.
    2. He claimed he was going to win not 1, not 2, not 3...ect Championships. You don't get to skate by with a free pass when you fail.
    3. Other things like the Decision, his 2011 Finals post game interview, ect.

People always jump to defend him, and jump to criticize him. It's all warranted. Lebron has put himself in that spot light.

High School Starter

The son of a crackhead/prostitute brought it upon himself. Had he not guaranteed 7+ chips and said it was gonna be "easy" then it wouldn't be as bad. Having an hour special on tv is the height of narcissism.

Decent playground baller WadeBronDonJuan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dajadeed
    The son of a crackhead/prostitute brought it upon himself. Had he not guaranteed 7+ chips and said it was gonna be "easy" then it wouldn't be as bad. Having an hour special on tv is the height of narcissism.
    Look how trashy you are for posting that. You're no better than lebron. Wow.

Eat it. Lebron made you eat your words tonight.

Decent college freshman

What does his mother have to do with anything?

You're a douche, stay mad.

I wasn't talking discussing how the pressure became so large in the first place.

I was discussing how large the pressure is, period. And it seems like you agree with me that the pressure is in fact very large.

Lebron really stood up tonight great game

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    I wasn't talking discussing how the pressure became so large in the first place.

I was discussing how large the pressure is, period. And it seems like you agree with me that the pressure is in fact very large.
    The pressure is compounded because he has consistently failed when favored. There's a reason people were writing off the Heat before tonight. I never expected Boston to make it a series, but they are on the brink of the finals.

Miami will most likely win game 7, but lets not act like Lebron is somehow facing pressure that is different than what the select few that get to his level face. Superstars are expected to win. Uber-superstars HAVE to win. He wants in the company of Magic, Larry, Kobe, MJ, Shaq, Duncan, etc. The only way to do that is to win and win multiple times.

That is why the pressure is great. His window is not closing, but he no longer is the up and comer or the youngster in the league. It's his ****ing time. He is not expected to win, he is supposed to win.

Great game from him tonight.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by WadeBronDonJuan
    Look how trashy you are for posting that. You're no better than lebron. Wow.

Eat it. Lebron made you eat your words tonight.
    His mamma is a savory character at best. Who cares? Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have brought it up but it's not like I called her that to her face. It's the internet. Stop acting like you're defending her honor

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I'm thinking about basketball cause I don't know of any other American pro sport in which a star has been as scrutinized as Bron.

Kobe has been the center of media attention and MJ comparisons for many years, but in the eyes of some his career hasn't been defined by 'a' game.

This is the scenario that Bron faces....

His entire legacy rests on whether or not they win THIS game.

YES 'this' game.

If they lose, the blame goes on his shoulders and the Heat face a possible break up.

If they lose, Bron's past will continue to be brought up. They were ahead in the series as the favorites and then lost it. Again, his legacy gets tarnished even more and the future of the team would've lied on his shoulders.

MJ faced pressure, but he didn't cast those doubts.
    Kobe faced pressure, but he wasn't known as being un clutch.

I can't think of another athlete in which their entire legacy has been so scrutinized, I really can't. Even if the Pac vs Floyd fight comes to fruition, their legacy won't take as high a hit.

I'm really trying to think of another player that's judged on what he SHOULD do, or what's EXPECTED of them that's on this level.

Only way I can see Bron face more pressure is if the Heat do go to the Finals and the series comes down to game 7. Otherwise no matter what happens in the Finals, this may be it.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

Stop making stupid threads. STOP IT.

I'd say Tiger Woods faced much more pressure than LeBron because it totally broke him. To be alone out there with everyone knowing your personal business.

You could just say, "LeBron had a great game and showed up under immense pressure." But you had to ruin it with your hyperbole.

-Smak

The pressure is compounded because he has consistently failed when favored. There's a reason people were writing off the Heat before tonight. I never expected Boston to make it a series, but they are on the brink of the finals.

Miami will most likely win game 7, but lets not act like Lebron is somehow facing pressure that is different than what the select few that get to his level face. Superstars are expected to win. Uber-superstars HAVE to win. He wants in the company of Magic, Larry, Kobe, MJ, Shaq, Duncan, etc. The only way to do that is to win and win multiple times.

That is why the pressure is great. His window is not closing, but he no longer is the up and comer or the youngster in the league. It's his ****ing time. He is not expected to win, he is supposed to win.

Great game from him tonight.
    Your first paragraph was a lot about why the pressure is so large to begin with.

I completely disagree with your second paragraph where you say Duncan, Jordan, and Kobe have faced this kind of pressure. That is completely wrong, and can even be proven with this years playoff results. Duncan and Kobe did NOT receive the kind of criticism that Lebron would have received if the Heat were outed by the Celtics tonight. And again, I could probably back that up with actual stats (of the # of headlines or articles of major newspapers saying negative things about them).

Duncan and Kobe hardly got any flack at all for losing. Maybe that is because they have rings already, but again, I don't care WHY their pressure is lower, all I am discussing is the fact that theirs is indeed lower...and it's really not even close.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

Stop making stupid threads. STOP IT.

I'd say Tiger Woods faced much more pressure than LeBron because it totally broke him. To be alone out there with everyone knowing your personal business.

You could just say, "LeBron had a great game and showed up under immense pressure." But you had to ruin it with your hyperbole.

-Smak

This ain't shit compared to Tiger, you got women who literally wanted to chop his dick off, including my female family members, and they don't even watch golf.
    Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 06-08-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

u wont feel pressure when someone puts u a coma and u wake up 48 hrs later