Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default James Worthy rant on Lakers/Kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0_vp1POu6o

Calling it like he sees it.

Default Re: James Worthy rant on Lakers/Kobe

Couldn't agree more.

Banned

I like it how Lakers, former and now, stick together (for basketball reasons). Can't touch this.

NBA rookie of the year

The Lakers are folding again!

Still cracks me up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

james looks old , but he did everything in his power not to say " bench Kobe"

fact of the matter is Byrant will seldom look into the middle for a big post up... Entry passes meant Shaq pass means team leader , and Kobe always reframed from entry passes , because of his cred.

----------------
    Resolution : Ramon Sessions
    Guy is way under rated as a team facilatator.
    Dude looks to pass to bigs all the time , when he see's openings will slash , and when he slashes , he lov's to kick it out to a spot up wing player (kobe)

This isn't a long term fix , but it is a very good 2 year fix , that Kobe would lov to play with.
    remember my thoughts on Pau - He's a bad trade value for other teams , and a great trade asset for the Lakers. (What team would bite )
    If Howard were to ever land in L.A. .... Bynum would be Orlando's target besides a draft choice or two.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0_vp1POu6o

Calling it like he sees it.
    Nah... I guarantee he had some more potent thoughts that he didn't feel comfortable saying on the Lakers postgame show. Dude know what's up, but he has to be diplomatic enough.

he works for the Lakers via the broadcast team. so he is still biased in his own opinion. he isnt really stating what he truly feels

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Look, either Kobe is the leader of this team or he isn't. It can't just be "Coach Brown can't coach", "The bench can't produce", "Gasol is soft", etc... Kobe's the one with 5 rings. He's the one with the most experience and he's always saying how the team has been infused with his DNA (). Part of being a leader is getting everyone on the same page and making sure winning is the number one goal.

If Brown doesn't call plays for Gasol or Bynum, Kobe should have enough experience (8 years with SHAQ!!!) to know how to feed them the ball anyway. He lives in LA -- where Chamberlain, Kareem and Shaq combined for 11 rings. Kobe's not stupid.

If he notices Bynum loafing or that other team member's are not involved, chew their asses out in practice until they understand they need to come out and play 100% every game.

That team is rudderless. Which makes no sense when Mr. 5 Rings is right there. What is all that experience doing for LA this season?

Looking out for himself.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 03-08-2012 at 08:20 PM.

I rule the local playground Rojogaqu11's Avatar

Nice.

I wish I could listen to his opinion on the Wizards game.
    Probably this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    james looks old , but he did everything in his power not to say " bench Kobe"

fact of the matter is Byrant will seldom look into the middle for a big post up... Entry passes meant Shaq pass means team leader , and Kobe always reframed from entry passes , because of his cred.

----------------
    Resolution : Ramon Sessions
    Guy is way under rated as a team facilatator.
    Dude looks to pass to bigs all the time , when he see's openings will slash , and when he slashes , he lov's to kick it out to a spot up wing player (kobe)

This isn't a long term fix , but it is a very good 2 year fix , that Kobe would lov to play with.
    remember my thoughts on Pau - He's a bad trade value for other teams , and a great trade asset for the Lakers. (What team would bite )
    If Howard were to ever land in L.A. .... Bynum would be Orlando's target besides a draft choice or two.
    benching Kobe isn't gonna do shit and I doubt he tried to say that. His meaning was to take less shots when bynum is playing so well.

the problem with this team is that there is no one outside of Gasol, Bynum or Kobe who can play. Just think, all those 3's and fadeaways that Mr. Metta World Pee has shot this entire season, just think if a good amount of those actually went in? Or if someone else was in his place taking those shots. This guy is horrible and a liability, he'll have a game or two here and there that will get us off his back for a week, then he starts sucking again.

that's where Kobe then takes matters into his own hands where he has HAS to chuck, i just don't understand why he doesn't get Gasol or bynum involved ENOUGH when they're having big games.

I shouldn't even have to say anything about Derek Fisher, the guy is done and should not be starting for the Lakers, plain and simple.

On to the bench, there really is no one we can go to besides a guy like Steve Blake or Goudelock and thats on a GOOD night. McRoberts was playing okay in the beginning of the season but hasn't seen playing time lately. Everyone else is ass, just look at Murphy's 3-point shot clank off the rim when he's wide open. Luke Walton sits on the bench roasting peanuts the entire game so thats another spot wasted.

This team needs a facilitating point guard and depth, a guy like Sessions would do great. Gasol is going to get traded for possible depth or a game changing player because hes the only asset we have besides bynum who at this point makes sense to give up only for Howard.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Look, either Kobe is the leader of this team or he isn't. It can't just be "Coach Brown can't coach", "The bench can't produce", "Gasol is soft", etc... Kobe's the one with 5 rings. He's the one with the most experience and he's always saying how the team has been infused with his DNA (). Part of being a leader is getting everyone on the same page and making sure winning is the number one goal.

If Brown doesn't call plays for Gasol or Bynum, Kobe should have enough experience (8 years with SHAQ!!!) to know how to feed them the ball anyway. He lives in LA -- where Chamberlain, Kareem and Shaq combined for 11 rings. Kobe's not stupid.

If he notices Bynum loafing or that other team member's are not involved, chew their asses out in practice until they understand they need to come out and play 100% every game.

That team is rudderless. Which makes no sense when Mr. 5 Rings is right there. What is all that experience doing for LA this season?

Looking out for himself.
    It's the coache's job to coach, not Kobe's. Phil got Kobe to listen to him and buy into his game plan, Mike Brown doesn't even have a game plan. If you just put Kobe out there and let him "freelance" then as James Worthy said if you give the ball to Kobe everytime he's going to try to perform.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    It's the coache's job to coach, not Kobe's. Phil got Kobe to listen to him and buy into his game plan, Mike Brown doesn't even have a game plan. If you just put Kobe out there and let him "freelance" then as James Worthy said if you give the ball to Kobe everytime he's going to try to perform.
    Coach Brown coached the Cav's to the finals by telling :

Lebron play ball and take us to the promised land

Coach Brown telling Kobe :

play ball and take us to the promised land

(Question is - can Kobe do it )

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Worthy is right. Kobe shoots too goddamn much. He is a luxury to have because he can create points like no other, but he's so damn frustrating sometimes when he just starts jacking. Shit, just feed the big men down the stretch. We have a size advantage inside, we have to exploit that shit.

Banned

1 big is soft and never shot more shots as a 1st option even
    1 gets a turnover every 3 times he touches it and admits to loafing around

yes kobe is flawed too...

But if u told me that kobe gives more ast to bynum and pau than any other player, I wouldnt be surprised. If u told me their shot attempts go way down when kobe isnt in the game and they are, I wouldnt be surprised.

this is who they are. Pau wanted to prove something for 2 years and played very strongly at home. Bynum has 2 rings on like 20 min a game. Injured multiple times. He didn't go through the struggles he just went through the celebrations.

Lakers need some changes.