Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Magic fans, how yall feeling?

Making the next step to tank for the number 1 pick next year.

gonna kek so hard when we make the playoffs. only reason i make this thread is so it's good bump material for the f*ggots

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    We're making the next step this year.
    Whats the next step? Finishing 24-58?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

like I already hate Ben Gordon

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I think Gordon will be a disappointment and a bad pick at #4. Payton might become a good player..better than Gordon. It's like a mixture of young players and over the hill/very average vets. So this year will be a bad one again..but hopefully next season will be much better. The young guys will improve and the team can pick up better vets.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    I think Gordon will be a disappointment and a bad pick at #4. Payton might become a good player..better than Gordon. It's like a mixture of young players and over the hill/very average vets. So this year will be a bad one again..but hopefully next season will be much better. The young guys will improve and the team can pick up better vets.
    bad post. will neg.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat
    What, going from the 13th seed to the 12th seed?
    Had the exact same thought

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    Magic potentially have the worst roster in the league. Could easily see them slumping to the worst record in the NBA.
    I'm not sure how anyone can beat out the Sixers in that respect.

Say what you will about Frye and his contract, but he's at least a legitimate NBA player.... which is more than you can say about 75% of the Sixers' roster.

3-time NBA All-Star

I'm not sure exactly what Gordon will be in the NBA. He's an athlete, can defend multiple positions, and has a good motor... but where does that fit in a good NBA offense?

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Careful, that's still a touchy subject for little jam jam. He's still hurt and confused behind all of that posturing. Poor thing.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I'm not sure exactly what Gordon will be in the NBA. He's an athlete, can defend multiple positions, and has a good motor... but where does that fit in a good NBA offense?
    not saying they're the same player at all... but milsap built off much of those strengths to carve out a nice nba career for himself. Faried is doing it too. Not impossible.

Banned

We are still tanking Jameer, we will finish in the bottom 3 in the East. I knows it's a small sample size but I like how Harris, Vucevic and Payton are looking though in pre season. Harris looks to have improved his shooting form and vucevic looks more aggresive and confident in the post, using his feet well. Exciting for the future but we are still bad now.

I'm not rating Gordon until he's been around the league for a while. He's a project and is clearly not NBA ready at this point. Think it'll be at least a season before we start to see the player he will become. He could be out of the league after his rookie contract though honestly. Depends how hard he works and if he improves which I hope he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Acquisitions:
    Aaron Gordon
    Ben Gordon
    Elfrid Payton
    Luke Ridnour
    Channing Frye
    Evan Fournier
    Willie Green
    Roy Devyn Marble

Current starting lineup for season (likely)
    Payton
    Dipo
    Harris
    Frye
    Vucevic
    Thats actually a decent team...........bench is a lil think but theyll be fighting for a playoffs spot next year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Thats actually a decent team...........bench is a lil think but theyll be fighting for a playoffs spot next year
    They either need someone like Harris to take the next step or draft/sign some more reliable shooters/scorers next season but there's not much to be negative about the team right now. They are rebuilding but look to be on the right path.

I don't think Payton will start opening night though Jameer, he's already coming off the bench in pre season even with Oladipo injured and Vaughn saying he wants to keep some experience in the line up.

They have the talent and have filled their roster nicely. I don't think they make it this year, but watch out next. Rebuild is basically done, time to win.