Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tim Duncan is a great player, but top 10 of all-time? Not in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dole
    Tim seems as if he always paced himself in the regular season and often didnt play crazy minutes. Look at his playoff stats if you want to see more of his impact.
    look at dirks playoffs stats! and this stats although he has to carry since 16 years the franchise by his own. playing 1000x thougher and more exhausting basketball than TD ever has.

Default Re: Tim Duncan is a great player, but top 10 of all-time? Not in my book

I agree, OP. Duncan is more of a flow of the game player. He'll get his stats. That's why he's so consistent. But he's not a carrier anymore after his 2003 playoff run. He's a system player.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Lets be real.

You're illiterate and hence do not own books.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    I agree, OP. Duncan is more of a flow of the game player. He'll get his stats. That's why he's so consistent. But he's not a carrier anymore after his 2003 playoff run. He's a system player.
    exactly. i dont know why this is so hard to accept for Duncan stans? I mean, im from Germany, we love our TEAM at first and than the players.

be proud TLP to have with popovic the best ever and with ginobili, parker etc best ever as well. be prou.d change duncan with 9th division player from ukraine and spurs will still be contenders.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    exactly. i dont know why this is so hard to accept for Duncan stans? I mean, im from Germany, we love our TEAM at first and than the players.

be proud TLP to have with popovic the best ever and with ginobili, parker etc best ever as well. be prou.d change duncan with 9th division player from ukraine and spurs will still be contenders.
    idiot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    dwade = 0 titles alone

dwade + refs = 1 title

dwade + bosh + bron + refs = 2 titles

strong
    What the hell is your point? Nobody can win a ring on their own,

but look at Dirks ring, Hakeem?

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    What the hell is your point? Nobody can win a ring on their own,

but look at Dirks ring, Hakeem?
    mj first title

depending on how weak your team is by comparison and how much the team is depending on their franchise player (like Dirk 2011). hell, im not a lebron stan, but he did it almost alone
    Last edited by pastis; 05-20-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Lets be real.

You're illiterate and hence do not own books.
    i have a book, exacltly 678 pages.

If Duncan is top 10 then tony parker is #1 (that's what franch media and franch people would say)

Banned

OP's book:

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    How did mj win his first title on his own? Scottie was great in the playoffs that year
    scottie that great

Duncan is going to suffer from the casual fan and young people not thinking he's that good due to superficial reasons.

Let's be honest, half of your "book" is probably you explaining what you did before you wrote the book.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Let's be honest, half of your "book" is probably you explaining what you did before you wrote the book.
    its seem like you wrote the book....how did you know?

Serious playground baller CeilingFan#1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    As a lifelong Spurs fan,
    You aren't fooling anyone.