Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Derek Fisher and a first to Houston for Jordan Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    lol @ much better defender. Blake is a garbage defender just like Fisher is.
    It just shows how bad Fisher is defensively, atleast Blake has the quickness to stay infront of his man, Fisher gets burned nearly all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLkBjO1Xo0

College star

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Derek Fisher and a first to Houston for Jordan Hill

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Any Lakers fan complaining about this trade should never, ever complain about Kobe's supporting cast ever again, because this was a step in the right direction by effectively trimming incumbent fat from the roster. If you wanted said fat sticking around, how are you going to take issue with other players not stepping up when the team needs it?

If you want a 'locker room guy', sign someone like Scalabrine for peanuts. Instead, you've been paying Fisher over $4 million a season since 2007 to be a defensive liability.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I doubt Kobe gives a shit. I know he's buddies with Fisher, but he's also a selfish narcissistic asshole. He's probably thinking of ways in which Sessions can help him (as opposed to the Lakers).
    fisher was on his side. sessions is on browns side. its certainly worrisome - does session let kobe change the play after the timeout at the end?

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    fisher was on his side. sessions is on browns side. its certainly worrisome - does session let kobe change the play after the timeout at the end?
    It doesn't matter. Brown is on Kobe's side; thus, Sessions is indirectly on Kobe's side, even if he doesn't want to be. This is Kobe's team. @ Brown apologizing for calling him out. What a joke.

I hate Jim Buss, and I can't stand his personnel management skills, but I respect he doesn't bow down to Kobe like Gilbert did with LeBron. If Jim ever learns to trust other people, the Lakers will be in a very good position for the next 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Pressure of leadership will now fall on this guy more than ever before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...I&feature=fvwp

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    lol @ much better defender. Blake is a garbage defender just like Fisher is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLkBjO1Xo0

Blake is a bad defender, but Fisher is the worst defender in the league

I don't get picked last at the park anymore yanix's Avatar

Fisher is scottie of LA
    Kobe is the jordan
    MWP is rodman

bump this post if ever kobe win the championships again without him

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    It was the right move for the Lakers, all due respect to Derek Fisher he shouldn't even be in the NBA right now. If we kept Fisher it would have been disaster for the Lakers at the PG spot with Sessions/Blake/Fisher. Would Fisher be man enough to go from being a starter to a bench warmer? Do Blake & Fisher split 10 MPG each from the bench? No thanks, I would much rather see something like Sessions 28-30 MPG, Blake 18-20 MPG with Fisher not even in the rotation, but I doubt Fisher would be happy with that. We gave up a first round pick, but keep in mind we also saved money by trading Fisher AND we made our point guard position less awkward & more efficient with Sessions/Blake.
    Amen. I respect Fisher and what he's done for the Lakers, but he's like that veteran cop that needs to retire. It sucks but it's a business.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    we needed fish's experience in the playoffs

You needed his terrible defense and bricks in the playoffs? I'm sure Steve Blake will suffice enough for that.

Local High School Star

Rockets get a top 20 portected pick in a deep draft. I like. Jordan Hill was never going to be Re-signed by the Rockets anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You needed his terrible defense and bricks in the playoffs? I'm sure Steve Blake will suffice enough for that.
    People just regurgitate blanket statements like that, typically because they hear talking heads on Sportscenter say it. The whole "we need his playoff experience" thing is such a ridiculous, played out cliche for casual fans to prattle on about.

Looks like Sessions is gonna start. That is why Fish had to be moved. He would have pouted on the bench

Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    It was the right move for the Lakers, all due respect to Derek Fisher he shouldn't even be in the NBA right now. If we kept Fisher it would have been disaster for the Lakers at the PG spot with Sessions/Blake/Fisher. Would Fisher be man enough to go from being a starter to a bench warmer? Do Blake & Fisher split 10 MPG each from the bench? No thanks, I would much rather see something like Sessions 28-30 MPG, Blake 18-20 MPG with Fisher not even in the rotation, but I doubt Fisher would be happy with that. We gave up a first round pick, but keep in mind we also saved money by trading Fisher AND we made our point guard position less awkward & more efficient with Sessions/Blake.
    I just don't see how Blake 10MPG Fish 10MPG is really much different than Blake taking all the backup minutes.. A million bigger things that have much more impact to come into play to worry about THAT of all things. But hey, if Hill is better than Murphy or McRoberts at the 4, I guess I'm for it. I haven't seen much of him. But Fish could have easily contributed in a 10 minutes or less style role, I don't know if that's something he would want, but it'd really be hard to argue to Blake/Sessions with those minutes would make any real difference ever..

We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 824
    I just don't see how Blake 10MPG Fish 10MPG is really much different than Blake taking all the backup minutes.. A million bigger things that have much more impact to come into play to worry about THAT of all things. But hey, if Hill is better than Murphy or McRoberts at the 4, I guess I'm for it. I haven't seen much of him. But Fish could have easily contributed in a 10 minutes or less style role, I don't know if that's something he would want, but it'd really be hard to argue to Blake/Sessions with those minutes would make any real difference ever..

We'll see I guess.

I just watched Kupchak's presser. He basically said Fish was moved to make it a more comfortable fit for Sessions. Also, I feel Blake will play better when he's getting consistent minutes