Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    College superstar

Default Re: If D Rose wins a championship, would he crack top 10 GOAT PG's?

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Well, if you want to do an all-time greats list then there should at least be an effort to have some historical context to the list. Pettit took Boston to game 7 one year while averaging 30/18/3 against Bill Russell and then proceeded to beat him the next year averaging 29/17. He is the only guy to lead a team to a Finals win over Russell but we are going to laugh at the idea of him being a top 10 PF?
    Well, I wasn't laughing at Pettit over Pau. I was just saying that his argument over Pau isn't solid. They're both Top 10.

*** Actually, I would redo the list and take Webber off it, elevating both Pau and Pettit. I think just watching Webber growing up made me put him above Pau on the list, Webber was just so talented and fun to watch.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    The sad part is that you're too dumb to realize that nothing in your previous posts said anything of the sort. Not a surprise since you have difficulty understanding what words mean.
    No, the sad part is that you are so delusional that you call people dumb talking about how they have difficulty understanding what words mean, but yet I have to literally pull out the dictionary on your ass?

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Well, if you want to do an all-time greats list then there should at least be an effort to have some historical context to the list. Pettit took Boston to game 7 one year while averaging 30/18/3 against Bill Russell and then proceeded to beat him the next year averaging 29/17. He is the only guy to lead a team to a Finals win over Russell but we are going to laugh at the idea of him being a top 10 PF?
    I just don't feel like a player like Pau deserves to be shafted for a player like Pettit.

It was a different league. Those guys should have their own top 10.
    You people who defend these old players all the time get so offended over the reality that the modern day league is a million times better than how it was all those decades ago, just like 50 years from now those new guys will move in to the Top 10 and guys like Jordan and Bird and Magic will be forgotten.

And that's okay. The question is "who are the best players" and you can't look at me with a straight face and tell me Bob Pettit is going to be able to compete against guys so much stronger and more skilled than he is.

It's like comparing the soldiers from the Civil War who used muskets against Navy Seals and Marines of the modern day.

Times change, players will be forgotten. Deal with it.

An all time list generally requires that you consider all of history. You can judge a player who played in a separate era by simply plopping him into a time period that has had 60 years to evolve and say he isn't good. Just because you're not capable of comparing players in the history of context doesn't mean that it shouldn't matter.

Check the top 10 list online and you will see Pettit consistently on there for good reason.

Decent playground baller

LosBulls has gone full retard in this thread and the Superstar thread.

Derrick Rose the top 10 all time PG and superstar that accomplished nothing but, hypothetically, winning a Chip as the 3rd option on his team.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    I just don't feel like a player like Pau deserves to be shafted for a player like Pettit.
    I think you guys are arguing over nothing. Both are Top 10, with or without Pau winning a ring this year. They're both very accomplished and have excellent numbers to back them up.

If i had to make a list today:

Duncan
    KG
    Malone
    Barkley
    Dirk
    McHale
    Pau
    Pettit
    Webber
    Rodman

A lot of you and even I am having problems putting Pau and Pettit over Webber, he was just so talented but never accomplished what they did.

Local High School Star

No, the sad part is that you are so delusional that you call people dumb talking about how they have difficulty understanding what words mean, but yet I have to literally pull out the dictionary on your ass?
    If you weren't a total retard, you might have tried rereading all your posts in this thread to see if you indeed said "if" Rose won as the primary option.

Here's a none too subtle hint: you didn't

Now go cry to your mother/aunt.

Come on dude, Bob Pettit was a 6'9 200 pound PF. The average weight for a PF in this league is 250~
    I thought Pettit came into the league at 215 and got up to 240 with weight training.

"derrick roses career is mediocre" "derrick rose is the 3rd option on his team" are you two retarded?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    You just keep digging a bigger and bigger hole. Rose currently isn't even the 2nd best player on his team and it's clear that if he ever wins a title, it'll never be as the best player.

Besides, you're the one who pointed to titles without any further clarification. But hey, he has good shoe/jersey sales! He's a bonafide superstar ---even if he wouldn't make an all NBA 8th team!!!1!one!!
    When Rose played freely not favoring his leg he was the best player on the team. Its the only time when they look like contenders. If they are only missing Butler it didn't change much. Rose is the only one that can will the Bulls to a win. I don't know if another player did that in GS this year With the splash bros hot In GS.

Gas has been great and consistent. The team wasn't beating good teams with any consistency with Rose out. it won't be on Gasol's back to carry this team.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    "derrick roses career is mediocre" "derrick rose is the 3rd option on his team" are you two retarded?
    How has Rose not had a mediocre career up until now? Because he got the biggest gift MVP ever?

And yes, right now, the Bulls should run the offense through Butler and Pau.

Your my Bulls bro but no.

Payton, Stockton, Magic, Thomas, Frazier, Oscar, Cousy, Wilkins, Kidd, Parker, Penny

That's off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
    How has Rose not had a mediocre career up until now? Because he got the biggest gift MVP ever?

And yes, right now, the Bulls should run the offense through Butler and Pau.
    should run through butler

rose has always been the first option. listen, in the last 5 games that rose has returned, bulls are 4-1. the 10 games before that without him they were 5-5. d rose is still the best player and the first option on the team believe it or not. pau nor butler can do what rose does, that simple.

and rose having a mediocre career is for ignorant people to believe. i mean he just has the record for most points scored by any player in a playoff debut, won olympic medals, rookie of the year, the youngest MVP ever, has a ****ing clause named after him, 2 first place teams 2 seasons in a row, 3 time allstar, thats all in 4 regular seasons and 3 playoffs while averaging 25.4 points and 7.3 assists in the playoffs. mediocre doe.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 04-17-2015 at 08:51 PM.