Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
    It was a slight exaggeration, and I mean slight. Do you remember the boards in the first week of the season? There was more Bynum nut-hugging than there was Kobe banging, if you can believe that.
    I know what you're talking about, but c'mon man, you calling that a slight exaggeration is kinda wrong... it wasn't that bad... I recall people calling him like an ALL-STAR soon, and like one of the best centers currently in the nba and how dominant he is gonna be in the future and such, but HOF is stretching it...

Here is the thing tho...with all the obvious stated about Bynum if you put him on the table and dangled him as trade bait? You'd get great value in return. And that right there speaks volumes. You may not feel he will pan out etc etc but other teams think this kid is a stud and by age 22 will be a force. I dont think anyone (reasonable fan that is), any team feels Bynum is an impact player at age 19 dispite his play this season. Its the potential he has that when he develops his game, his body he will be doing great things.

Sixers will give u Denver and Dallas first round picks in 2007 for Bynum.
    Last edited by GOBB; 03-08-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    I know what you're talking about, but c'mon man, you calling that a slight exaggeration is kinda wrong... it wasn't that bad... I recall people calling him like an ALL-STAR soon, and like one of the best centers currently in the nba and how dominant he is gonna be in the future and such, but HOF is stretching it...
    I saw HOF multiple times...though I admit, maybe I was just seeing multiple psosts by the same posters, as the Laker personas here sometimes begin to run together. But even an all-star level guy 'soon' is a ridiculous statement.

I saw HOF multiple times...though I admit, maybe I was just seeing multiple psosts by the same posters, as the Laker personas here sometimes begin to run together. But even an all-star level guy 'soon' is a ridiculous statement.
    I agree, patience is the key but I think it's normal on boards for fans to over-react and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Here is the thing tho...with all the obvious stated about Bynum if you put him on the table and dangled him as trade bait? You'd get great value in return. And that right there speaks volumes. You may not feel he will pan out etc etc but other teams think this kid is a stud and by age 22 will be a force. I dont think anyone, any team feels Bynum is an impact player at age 19 dispite his play this season. Its the potential he has that when he develops his game, his body he will be doing great things.

Sixers will give u Denver and Dallas first round picks in 2007 for Bynum.
    That's true, but I'm basing my criticisms based off of what I've already stated (my biggest point is that he just doesn't have bball IQ, and people with high potential but low bball IQ rarely pan out). GM's see the word "potential" and go nuts over it a little too much IMO.

The only player I've seen recently that had both high potential and high bball IQ NOT work out is Darko...but it seems that his high bball IQ may have been exaggerated...that or his confidence level was just destroyed beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    I agree, patience is the key but I think it's normal on boards for fans to over-react and stuff...
    I guess its just more pronounced and nauseuating when it's the Laker fans because of their huge # of users. :x

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

I agree everything what you said. I Don't know what people see in him??....Come on, People said, "he's only 19" so what? look at LeBron James age.

Should've trade to Jason Kidd. Lakers idiot.

and they compared him to shaq???

I see Bynum developing into a jamaal magloire in the least.

SO just relax and hang onto him.

He is 7 foot and 19- yes he looks mechanical and his skills are sketchey, but he is getting NBA tuition at 19. He'll be really solid in a few years

I guess its just more pronounced and nauseuating when it's the Laker fans because of their huge # of users. :x
    haha ya, but i'm used to it, cause I'm a raptors fan and some of them are that way... but most of our fan base is actually pretty good, but there is a select few that are real extreme and just overrate players and are oblivious to the truth, and when they are proven wrong, they can't seem to admit they were wrong... Well what can you do? it's a forum, gotta live with it...

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I see Bynum developing into a jamaal magloire in the least.

SO just relax and hang onto him.

He is 7 foot and 19- yes he looks mechanical and his skills are sketchey, but he is getting NBA tuition at 19. He'll be really solid in a few years
    LMAO....that don't mean sh*t to me. If you in NBA, you should know better and get ready. Its like a "JOB". A person who hired you cause they expect you have a experience so it won't waste their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    LMAO....that don't mean sh*t to me. If you in NBA, you should know better and get ready. Its like a "JOB". A person who hired you cause they expect you have a experience so it won't waste their time.
    and like when your beginning a high pressure job, it takes time to learn

Do i need to list all the players who started slowly but were drafted with the view to develop?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Eh, I'd trade him + picks/filler for Kidd, or Pau, if it could land them. Wouldn't give up both him and Odom though, unless it got us KG.
    As of now, The Lakers don't have the time to wait for Bynum to become the 18/10/2.5 (pts/rebs/blks) player he is supposed to be averaging when he matures. That's going to take about 4 to 5 years, and by that time Kobe will be on his downward slide in terms of stat production. Look at Jermaine O'Neal and Curry. They started to get the "feel of the game" around 23 to 25 yrs of age. Bynum is that type of player. He is not a LeBron, Kobe, T-Mac, or Garnett talent where they could handle the game early in their careers. If the Lakers were rebuilding, then I'd accept about 3 more years of mediocracy before the fruits of their labor come about, but then you will have wasted Kobe's best years before that eventual slide from elite status to ordinary star.

If I were Mitch, I'd offer Bynum, Kwame (expiring contract), and a first round pick for Pau Gasol this off season. But that may be too low for Memphis and Jerry West to agree upon. Then I'd sweeten the pot by adding Lamar Odom and Luke Walton, but then I would also ask for Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift in return. Memphis would get an inside presence, an expiring contract and a vet in Bynum, Kwame, and Odom. While LA would get a solid big man and young talents in Gasol and Gay/Swift respectively. I know Gay could turn into a great player, but Hakim Warrick is also there and can also turn into a very good player and Bynum has just as much upside (maybe even more because he's a big man) than Gay. I also don't know if all the salaries would match up correctly, but I really like this trade for both teams. What do y'all think???

Lakers 2008-09 starting lineup:
    Parker - Lakers could find a vet in the off season to replace him
    Kobe
    Gay
    Turiaf - I like Turiaf because of the all the energy he plays with.
    Gasol

Bench:
    Farmar
    Evans
    Radmanovic
    Swift

Grizzlies 2008-09 starting lineup:
    Stoudamire
    Miller
    Walton/Warrick
    Odom
    Bynum

Bench:
    Atkins
    Jones
    Warrick
    Kwame

I don't get picked last at the park anymore 24/7's Avatar

This kid will never amount to anything special, it's best to trade him now for an established star before other teams realize how terrible he is and his trade value goes down. I wish we would have traded him for Kidd.

He's weak, lazy, has a poor work ethic, unathletic, jumps 10 inches, has a low basketball IQ, gets pushed around in the paint, tries to block every shot and ends up in foul trouble, he's not a good man to man defender and might be one of the worst rebounders in the league considering he's 7'1, 285 lbs. Even Kwame Brown is better than him, I want him gone!!!
    I hate my own "Laker fans", seems like only Kobe can have an off game these days without people screaming they "suck
    . Bynum will be fine, not only is he 19, he's a young 19. The youngest player ever to play in the NBA. He has a tremendous array of fundamentals for such a young big man. Low post, skilled 7 footers are too rare these days to be just giving up on a 19 year old.

Fickle Kobe fans make me want to puke.

Local High School Star

Los Angeles Lakers fans (I use that term loosely) need to calm down and quit getting frustrated. Why is it that people feel the need to single out players who really have no impact on the game yet??? Some people need to calm down.

Instead of saying Andrew Bynum sucks, one can say, "At least he's getting playing time and experience against a good Center like Andrew Bogut."

Why feel the need to single Andrew Bynum out today??? Did you expect him to score thirty points, twenty rebounds, and ten assists today??? Come on man.

Furthermore, why single the young center out when you know that injuries and suspensions are one of the reasons why this team didn't play that well??? This was a team effort. Give them a little bit of credit considering the situation they've been in. Come on man.

I'm proud of the Los Angeles Lakers today. They gave a good effort considering the suspension and injuries they've been dealing with. Good job Los Angeles Lakers!!!