Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: ESPN Feature On Lack Of White American Players

Kirk Hinrich is the best white guy defender, he is actually pretty good but still the only thing people remember him for is Deron Williams breaking his ankles lol

is Shane Battier a white guy? Mike Miller is also decent. There's lots of white americans, they just arent stars

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Alexander is not the most athletic white American in the NBA, cause he is not in the NBA.
    He's on the Bucks roster. How is he not in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation
    He's on the Bucks roster. How is he not in the NBA?
    Really? I heard the Bucks didn't lift his option and I haven't seen him this year.

Really? I heard the Bucks didn't lift his option and I haven't seen him this year.
    He's injured. Right Hamstring.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/roster/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    For a 7-footer with his game there is NO WAY he should ever shoot under 50% from the field.....he is an underachiever....n o way in hell tony parker or any guard should have more points in the paint than him or shoot a higher percentage in the paint than him.

What the **** is a 50-40-90 club lmao......Bird is the only person in that trio with anything that matters.....Dirk is soft and hasn't won spit....I honestly feel he gets less flack because he is foreign.....he wussed up in the finals where great players step up.

Yeah, because shooting 50% from the field, 40% from three, and 90% from the free throw line over the course of an entire season isn't anything special, and it definitely doesn't speak of your overall shooting prowess.

7 footer or not, Dirk (and you know it) is a face up PF who lives around the FT line and plays more like a SF than a C. He's a great shooter and call him "soft as spit" all you want but in this MVP season and the year the Mavs lost in the finals, he had plenty of "alpha-dog, no way in hell we're losing this game" moments. He folded in the finals, I'll give you that, but anyone with a brain that watched that Finals, know the officials sent Dwyane Wade to the fre throw line everytime someone breathed on him.

I know neither has a ring, but between the two of them Nash and Dirk have 3 MVP's. And you scoffing at the 50-40-90 club like it's a joke just makes you look stupid.
    Last edited by KG215; 12-06-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Good college starter

Kevin Love

The great white hope

There's more money in baseball.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Too many basketball hoops in driveways for white people. When I was most enthusiastic about basketball at about age 12, it meant a few hours a week at the gym with an organized team while the season lasted, and a whole lot of time chillin in the driveway shooting around and chatting, with an occasional easy game like 33. Nothing to build athleticism or real skills. Plus the driveway was uneven so I wasn't even that good at shooting.

College superstar

Where's an ESPN feature about the lack of Middle Eastern, Indian, and Chinese players?

White guys have such low standards from fans. If they can just barely dunk they're "athletic." Even supposedly good white players from abroad are soft and shoot threes all day. None of them can really play a lick of D either.

Basically the only way for a white player to succeed in the modern day NBA is to shoot threes or to rack up assists by giving the ball up to the black guys (the Nash/Stockton route).

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    White guys have such low standards from fans. If they can just barely dunk they're "athletic." Even supposedly good white players from abroad are soft and shoot threes all day. None of them can really play a lick of D either.
    Uh, Pau Gasol is arguably the best low post player in the league. Players being soft and shooting too many jumpers is a trend in the entire league, not just Euros. Look at players like Bosh and Wade. Wade is shooting four 3s a game at a rate of 25%.

Banned

Steve Nash is Canadian, same thing. Bibby is white, and I liked to point out he sucks, and I hate him. Mike Dunleavy, Brook Lopez, Kevin Love and David Lee are all capable players. I really wonder what logical explanation there is for a lack of good white Americans there is.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

the logic is white people cant guard great athletes, except for Hinrich and Ginobili, and most white athletes dont work hard enough on their game to make up for their inherant lack of athleticism. The white guys who have athleticism like Joe Alexander and David Lee have no game at all, they need to work harder. Manu and Pau are great athletes AND great skill because they worked so hard. Whities just seem like they aren't putting in enough work on their game. The ones that do, such as Dunleavy Jr, Pau and Manu are flourishing.

Forget basketball players.

When was the last time you saw a white cornerback in the NFL. Right. Never.

I guess they don't work hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Bibby is white, and I liked to point out he sucks, and I hate him.
    Bibby isn't white. He's white like Jason Kidd.

Banned

Bibby isn't white. He's white like Jason Kidd.
    Really? He doesn't look it, but I guess If I hadn't seen Kidd's afro, he wouldn't either. Kidd's afro on the suns was seriously disguisting looking. I would never forget that.