Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 2016/2017 NBA MVP Race

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    That's because YOUR OPINION is dog shit. LeBron is still playing like he's the best player in the league.
    LeBron stan logic: Playing worse than Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Davis = playing like he's the best player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    LeBron stan logic: Playing worse than Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Davis = playing like he's the best player in the league.
    He's not really playing worse than Westbrook, is he? But he's clearly not playing the best basketball in the league right now.. dont call him a Bron stan.

Decent playground baller

Nobodies getting the MVP on a 4th seed team, so Westbrook/Harden are out. Paul wont have the gaudy numbers, no matter how nice they look advanced, 18/9 aint chit. Durant is gonna suffer from GSW being too good when he joined them. This is Lebron or Kawhi's, imo.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    How are you gonna group 3 guys, where two won 4+ times (both soon to be 5) and the other only won once? lol. Adding up all their seasons is so dumb as well.... AND you are melting down.
    Well I think the biggest injustice in the history of the MVP award is that Shaq only got one. But Jordan only got 5? Really? lol. LeBron only has 4 outta 14 years? What the ****? Was he really only the best in the league for 4 years? Bullshit.

Don't tell me how the award is given or any of that nonsense. I'm aware... moreso than you. It's that I just think it's ****ing stupid. Sympathetic MVPs or voter fatigue result in someone getting it that doesn't actually deserve it.

The fact is and will continue to be that IT IS THE TOP INDIVIDUAL AWARD IN THE SPORT. There are no other INDIVIDUAL awards given to INDIVIDUALS that are a higher honor. None. How it doesn't always go to the TOP INDIVIDUAL is beyond me. These people are stupid. Just because something has been traditionally been done a certain way for 30-40+ years doesn't mean that it should continue or that it is correct. Because it's not correct. It's ****ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by jrjim
    Nobodies getting the MVP on a 4th seed team, so Westbrook/Harden are out. Paul wont have the gaudy numbers, no matter how nice they look advanced, 18/9 aint chit. Durant is gonna suffer from GSW being too good when he joined them. This is Lebron or Kawhi's, imo.
    Shit, I totally forgot about KL just now.. its between Bron/Leonard/Harden.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 11-26-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Well I think the biggest injustice in the history of the MVP award is that Shaq only got one. But Jordan only got 5? Really? lol. LeBron only has 4 outta 14 years? What the ****? Was he really only the best in the league for 4 years? Bullshit.

Don't tell me how the award is given or any of that nonsense. I'm aware... moreso than you. It's that I just think it's ****ing stupid. Sympathetic MVPs or voter fatigue result in someone getting it that doesn't actually deserve it.

The fact is and will continue to be that IT IS THE TOP INDIVIDUAL AWARD IN THE SPORT. How it doesn't always go to the TOP INDIVIDUAL is beyond me. These people are stupid. Just because something has been traditionally been done a certain way for 30-40+ years doesn't mean that it should continue or that it is correct. Because it's not correct. It's ****ing stupid.
    Yea, he probably should have had 5 or 6.. '08, '11, '15 being the other options.. but Bron wasn't straight up robbed or anything any of those years. I can see how it would be hard to give it to him in 2011 with the massive anti LeBron epidemic going on.

Shaq could have had 2-3, but he always missed too many games, leading to his poor diet, and healing his injuries in the regular season... so its explainable.

We know he was the best more often... thats why he had the full package come playoff time.

Shit, I totally forgot about KI just now.. its between Bron/Leonard/Harden.
    Yes, Leonard and James were the favorites heading into the season because Curry/Durant cancel out, and Westbrook wouldn't get enough wins.

Kawhi is a damn great player. Don't get it twisted. But he's not the MVP. If he wins it'll be yet another sympathetic MVP going to some guy that's on one of the best TEAMS. TEAMS... TEAMS.

Kawhi is not top 10 in any major statistical category league wide. How the **** is he the MVP? **** outta here. He might win it... but he certainly doesn't deserve it unless his play picks up in a big way. Obviously this isn't just stats based but people have to be on rocks to think his impact is that of LeBron's.

He's not really playing worse than Westbrook, is he? But he's clearly not playing the best basketball in the league right now.. dont call him a Bron stan.
    It's hard to compare the two since they're in such drastically different situations. LeBron is obviously the better player, but Westbrook is putting up numbers that are unprecedented in the modern era. 32/10/10 on 56% TS. That is absolutely nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    It's hard to compare the two since they're in such drastically different situations. LeBron is obviously the better player, but Westbrook is putting up numbers that are unprecedented in the modern era. 32/10/10 on 56% TS. That is absolutely nuts.
    Agreed.

That's because YOUR OPINION is dog shit. LeBron is still playing like he's the best player in the league even though he's not as good as HE once was. He is starting to come off of his peak obviously and within 2-3 years it's improbable he's going to resemble anything that he once did... but for now... he IS still the best.
    I didn't say he is not the best, he is. I'm saying he isn't playing like it to save himself. I fully expect him to go beast mode come March.

Yes, Leonard and James were the favorites heading into the season because Curry/Durant cancel out, and Westbrook wouldn't get enough wins.

Kawhi is a damn great player. Don't get it twisted. But he's not the MVP. If he wins it'll be yet another sympathetic MVP going to some guy that's on one of the best TEAMS. TEAMS... TEAMS.

Kawhi is not top 10 in any major statistical category league wide. How the **** is he the MVP? **** outta here. He might win it... but he certainly doesn't deserve it unless his play picks up in a big way. Obviously this isn't just stats based but people have to be on rocks to think his impact is that of LeBron's.
    Leonard is the most overrated player in the league. He is scoring 4ppg more than last year taking 2 more shots and 2 more FTs. Other than .5apg improvement and not even half a steal% improving, he is down on everything. His shot % are all down. He is also playing noticeably worse defense than last year. The good thing about him is that when he chokes in the playoffs again this year, no one actually cares. When Lebron, Steph, KD, or Westbrook do it, everything gets over-analyzed. A convenient difference between superstars.
    Last edited by hold this L; 11-26-2016 at 11:59 AM.

College superstar

The fact is and will continue to be that IT IS THE TOP INDIVIDUAL AWARD IN THE SPORT. There are no other INDIVIDUAL awards given to INDIVIDUALS that are a higher honor. None. How it doesn't always go to the TOP INDIVIDUAL is beyond me. These people are stupid. Just because something has been traditionally been done a certain way for 30-40+ years doesn't mean that it should continue or that it is correct. Because it's not correct. It's ****ing stupid.
    If you're aware of how it's done, why not accept how stupid it is?

Moreso, if the MVP were supposed to go to the best player, wouldn't they just call it that?

Most Valuable and Best are not synonyms.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Durant is going to win if he continues to play at this level and the Warriors finish with the best record.

27/5/8 with a TS% of 68%! I don't care who he is playing with those numbers are insane.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    He's kept them in a lot of close games with random barrages of three pointers. I say let him do it. His usage rate is the highest ever, if he kept his turnovers below 4 it'd be so astounding I'm pretty sure even cp3 couldn't do that.
    How is he keeping them in games when he's shooting worse than almost everyone else on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    I didn't say he is not the best, he is. I'm saying he isn't playing like it to save himself. I fully expect him to go beast mode come March.

Leonard is the most overrated player in the league. He is scoring 4ppg more than last year taking 2 more shots and 2 more FTs. Other than .5apg improvement and not even half a steal% improving, he is down on everything. His shot % are all down. He is also playing noticeably worse defense than last year. The good thing about him is that when he chokes in the playoffs again this year, no one actually cares. When Lebron, Steph, KD, or Westbrook do it, everything gets over-analyzed. A convenient difference between superstars.
    Youre totally looking at it from the wrong way That just shows he was underrated last year... I already said 2015 was the year he made the jump, steady improvements since.

Duncan was also a superstar but didnt get much flak... its because they play for the Spurs, not because hes not a superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    How is he keeping them in games when he's shooting worse than almost everyone else on the team?
    Because everyone's else's FG% would plummet to much worse levels if taking so many shots... thats why you take the entirety of efficiency he gives you for his shots, because for a single individual on that type of volume, you cant just replace it by the collective bunch, on that type of talent missing team.