Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The case for Derrick Rose to the Allstar

Quote Originally Posted by jrjim
    lol, stats arent comparable. Both Lowry/Butler are playing better as the 2nd best players on better teams. Rose has no case (and thats not even bringing up a guy like Kemba walker)
    Dude. Lowry isn't playing better.

Anyway time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic
    He will regress towards the mean, while Rose will get better (hes in a new team). Add style + clutch = advantage DRose.
    He is not going to regress you idiot. Avery is better at shooting and defense. A better player. Also your argument of clutch over Avery is laughable. Please study up on players before making autistic claims.

Decent playground baller

Dude. Lowry isn't playing better.

Anyway time will tell
    Lowry's averaging more points, more assists, more rebounds, shooting better, playing better defense on a better team. And you think Rose has a case over him?

Kemba is literally playing like a top 10 player in the league (prolly wont last), but his start vs Rose's all but guarantees he'll have better numbers at the all-star break, and is on a better team. And you think Rose has a case over him?

Lowry's averaging more points, more assists, more rebounds, shooting better, playing better defense on a better team. And you think Rose has a case over him?

Kemba is literally playing like a top 10 player in the league (prolly wont last), but his start vs Rose's all but guarantees he'll have better numbers at the all-star break, and is on a better team. And you think Rose has a case over him?
    Its pointless man this guy is a ****ing idiot

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    Its pointless man this guy is a ****ing idiot
    He keeps talking about Rose upping his game too. LOL, dude is the exact same player he was last year, except he's shooting mildly less terrible

Where did you see that I say Rose has a case over Kemba Walker? Are you illiterate or just have ADD?

I guess its the former since you also believe Lowry is shooting better when hes on 39% compared to Rose 44%.

I do believe Lowry will shoot better as time goes, but Rose's stats will also go up as he gels more with the new team.

btw Rose post all star form last year (after overcoming double vision) was all star worthy. And he had niggles throughout, which he doesn't have this year.

Rose haters are really a joke. Avery ****ing Bradley, srsly. You dont go to the allstar for being a better defender. only thing he got over Rose

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Where did you see that I say Rose has a case over Kemba Walker? Are you illiterate or just have ADD?

I guess its the former since you also believe Lowry is shooting better when hes on 39% compared to Rose 44%.

I do believe Lowry will shoot better as time goes, but Rose's stats will also go up as he gels more with the new team.

btw Rose post all star form last year (after overcoming double vision) was all star worthy. And he had niggles throughout, which he doesn't have this year.

Rose haters are really a joke. Avery ****ing Bradley, srsly. You dont go to the allstar for being a better defender. only thing he got over Rose

Rose is currently shooting 50%TS and is a negative on every advanced metric I've seen. He isn't a good defender anymore either.

His team is not performing well either....500 record in the East with the kind of roster the Knicks have around him?

There is no case for him as an all star at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Rose is currently shooting 50%TS and is a negative on every advanced metric I've seen. He isn't a good defender anymore either.

His team is not performing well either....500 record in the East with the kind of roster the Knicks have around him?

There is no case for him as an all star at this point.
    Marc Gasol and Draymond Green are also on 50%TS. TS not everything.

As for the Knicks, after the Cavs, everybody on the east are around .500, its going to be interesting.

DRose has his bounce back, hes contributing to the team and gets crowd off their feet. Hes got a realistic chance in this competition. Hes almost there. and hes never been a great defender, but he does lead all pgs in blocks, and when he sets his mind to locking down someone, he does it. Schroder was 0/8 against him a couple days ago
    Last edited by PeroAntic; 11-25-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Marc Gasol and Draymond Green are also on 50%TS. TS not everything.

As for the Knicks, after the Cavs, everybody on the east are around .500, its going to be interesting.
    Never said it was everything...straw man.

It is, however, more important for a shoot first guard that isn't a good defender than it is for two of the better defensive players in the game...

Like DMAVS41 said, rose's advanced stats are trash, and his boxscore stats are below average for an all-star.

His boxscore +- are negative, both offensive and defensive, his winshares are very close to 0 in total, his TS is 50%, 15 PER(not impressive at all), turns it over way too much for his scoring and playmaking production, and to make his shooting ineffective even worse, he cant get to the line for easy points.

Stats arent everything, but pretty much every stat u can find points him to be an average player, nothing close to an all-star, he literally has no case.

His fans just need to understand that sadly Rose isnt the same player anymore, and isnt close to the best PGs in the league. Bradley, Kemba, Butler(if he counts as a guard), Wade, Wall and Giannis(he is playing PG) are all having better seasons.

Decent playground baller

Avery Bradley is a better scorer than Derrick Rose, lmao. And Lowry's TS% is better. Rose's stats going up is what every Bulls fans thought would happen; if it hasnt happened yet, why will it happen now?

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoSimoes
    Like DMAVS41 said, rose's advanced stats are trash, and his boxscore stats are below average for an all-star.

His boxscore +- are negative, both offensive and defensive, his winshares are very close to 0 in total, his TS is 50%, 15 PER(not impressive at all), turns it over way too much for his scoring and playmaking production, and to make his shooting ineffective even worse, he cant get to the line for easy points.

Stats arent everything, but pretty much every stat u can find points him to be an average player, nothing close to an all-star, he literally has no case.

His fans just need to understand that sadly Rose isnt the same player anymore, and isnt close to the best PGs in the league. Bradley, Kemba, Butler(if he counts as a guard), Wade, Wall and Giannis(he is playing PG) are all having better seasons.
    Yep.

I actually think Rose's stats are worse than his true impact so far. I think he's played pretty well overall given the circumstances.

However, that doesn't make him an all-star. He's been, at best, an average offensive player so far...and he's probably been a below average player on defense so far. At least that is what I've seen in the handful of games I've watched and the stats line up.

So when a player is about average on offense, below average on defense, is at best the 3rd best player on a team that is underperforming...LOL...you aren't an all-star.

Now, things can change...but at this point...he has no case.

Yep.

I actually think Rose's stats are worse than his true impact so far. I think he's played pretty well overall given the circumstances.

However, that doesn't make him an all-star. He's been, at best, an average offensive player so far...and he's probably been a below average player on defense so far. At least that is what I've seen in the handful of games I've watched and the stats line up.

So when a player is about average on offense, below average on defense, is at best the 3rd best player on a team that is underperforming...LOL...you aren't an all-star.

Now, things can change...but at this point...he has no case.
    Yeah im not trying to say that he sucks or anything, but he definetly doesnt have a case as an All-Star.

He doesnt really play winning basketball, and needs to find a way to be more effective

Exactly.

Rose's stats right now are deceiving from his true impact. Even advanced stats.

IMHO, Rose was never about stats. I'm not bothered to look for advanced stats from his MVP season, but I do recall they were nothing out of the ordinary. His ppg, apg, fg stats from that season are matched by Lillard from last year (Lillard probably better).

Yet Lillard didnt even make the allstar and barely made it to 2nd all nba. Two reasons for this discrepancy:
    1. Rose has a uniquely spectacular style of play. Thats why he won MVP not because his stats were so good.
    2. Context/competition. Dame could have won MVP with his 15-16 production, but there were too many ahead of him. For the allstar, in the East, there are not that many ahead of Rose. Four are clearly better (DD, Kemba, Kyrie, IT).

For the rest of them, (Rose, Wall, Wade, Lowry, Bradley) its a tossup that will be decided by team performance. And the East is pretty open.

The only thing this thread argues is that maybe he's a tad underrated and that he does more for the Knicks than meets the eye.

He's not even close to an all-star candidate. No argument. The Knicks aren't good, and if they had anyone representing them it would be Carmelo because that's how the fans would vote. And we certainly know the Knicks aren't good enough to warrant two representatives.