Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe needs to get his act together..

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    For one part, I see why the comparison drawn and it's obvious: They play the same position.

As for relevance, I invite comparisons to other players, as always. Kobe is more than relevant on all-time lists, not just to Jordan.
    After 16 years, it's actually not obvious. Unless you want to be told over and over again that he isn't as good. 16 years isn't enough? It's like y'all are trying to find something (ANYTHING!) that he does better than MJ. If he does well, you look to see if MJ did it. If he fails, you excuse it by finding all of MJ's failures. Half of what is holding Kobe up these days is that he sorta almost looks and acts like MJ. Everything is seen through the prism of MJ. But then you complain when he never measures up.

"But, MJ did it!" is a familiar refrain of ISH's Kobe fans. Somebody mentions that Kobe's been on stacked teams, "So did MJ!". Kobe has a horrible game and one of his fans will pull up all of MJ's bad games. "See? MJ shot poorly too!"

But Kobe ain't MJ.

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    Ofcourse he hade a great team but not to the extent that they were so superior to what most made them to be , Celtics was in my opinion comparable to Lakers team.
    Of course. A healthy Celtics team is better than anyother during 2008-10

But compared to other teams with superstars like Magic, Cavs, Heat, Mavs, Lakers were clearly superior

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    After 16 years, it's actually not obvious. Unless you want to be told over and over again that he isn't as good. 16 years isn't enough? It's like y'all are trying to find something (ANYTHING!) that he does better than MJ. If he does well, you look to see if MJ did it. If he fails, you excuse it by finding all of MJ's failures. Half of what is holding Kobe up these days is that he sorta almost looks and acts like MJ. Everything is seen through the prism of MJ. But then you complain when he never measures up.

"But, MJ did it!" is a familiar refrain of ISH's Kobe fans. Somebody mentions that Kobe's been on stacked teams, "So did MJ!". Kobe has a horrible game and one of his fans will pull up all of MJ's bad games. "See? MJ shot poorly too!"

But Kobe ain't MJ.
    Just to let you know, I know Jordan > Kobe for a while now.

I'm just saying, they are compared and the difference is obvious. But it's like... the media and people's nature too compare them anyways, even if it isn't close.

If not, I'm sure there are other guards that people will compare to Jordan like Jerry West, Dwyane Wade, Allen Iverson,etc... all resulting in the same scenario.

Off course Kobe isn't MJ. Nobody will ever be MJ, at least... not as a guard, it seems.

I've found the closest comparisons to his accolades, dominance, and impact... to all be centers.

As for more Kobe comparison, I perfer talk about other guards, other than Jordan, because it's all played out now.

Whatever, Kobe will step up when shit goes down for real.

Very good NBA starter

Even with Kobe playing at his best this team is not winning a championship. Way too much inconsistency and horrible coaching. Mike Brown has his head up his ass with his rotations and game management. He needs to find out who has chemistry. Nothing wrong with Kobe taking shots, but he needs to involve Gasol in the pick n roll. I remember one possession I saw Kobe dribble around for about 8 seconds before shooting a turnaround fade away over Selfelosha Part of it's Kobe and part of it's not having a system in place. Kobe and Gasol have chemistry, if you pick n roll teams to death eventually it will open up things for everyone.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Even with Kobe playing at his best this team is not winning a championship. Way too much inconsistency and horrible coaching. Mike Brown has his head up his ass with his rotations and game management. He needs to find out who has chemistry. Nothing wrong with Kobe taking shots, but he needs to involve Gasol in the pick n roll. I remember one possession I saw Kobe dribble around for about 8 seconds before shooting a turnaround fade away over Selfelosha Part of it's Kobe and part of it's not having a system in place. Kobe and Gasol have chemistry, if you pick n roll teams to death eventually it will open up things for everyone.
    Please. LOL

This team can absolutely win the title if Kobe plays his best. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Please. LOL

This team can absolutely win the title if Kobe plays his best. What a joke.
    I'm loving this. Kobe fans are crying because he doesn't have "enough help." LMAO. As far as stacked teams go, after Miami and OKC, who do you think is next? The Lakers have a top 2 center, top 5-10 PF, top 2 SG, top 10 defensive small forward, and a serviceable (above average) PG.

What more do these clowns want? Chris Paul?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Whatever, Kobe will step up when shit goes down for real.
    Like Game 7th vs Boston in the Finals..... Oops forgot the Refs step up fo him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I'm loving this. Kobe fans are crying because he doesn't have "enough help." LMAO. As far as stacked teams go, after Miami and OKC, who do you think is next? The Lakers have a top 2 center, top 5-10 PF, top 2 SG, top 10 defensive small forward, and a serviceable (above average) PG.

Lakers/Kobe fans are so out of touch with reality. There are some star players in which this would be the best team they've ever had.

Its not the best team. Its clearly behind OKC and Heat in my opinion....and probably the Bulls as well.

But after that they are as good or better than anyone. My god...they have a pretty damn good record and Kobe is playing pretty awful these last two months. Kobe is shooting 40% from the field while taking a ton of shots these last two months.

And they are still 11 games over .500.

LOL @ at this BS that this team can't contend.

Magic Johnson

I'm trying to figure out how a thread like this can be ruined.

Kobe really needs to get it together. I wanna see kobe average 26 8 5 on 46% shooting. Kobe could really improve his rebounding. Kobe's 5 rebounds a game mostly come from when the ball falls directly towards him. And Kobe needs to stop backing down players and shoot staright up. Seems like every game he's goes into his backing down mode where he starts bricking everything.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    Kobe really needs to get it together. I wanna see kobe average 26 8 5 on 46% shooting. Kobe could really improve his rebounding. Kobe's 5 rebounds a game mostly come from when the ball falls directly towards him. And Kobe needs to stop backing down players and shoot staright up. Seems like every game he's goes into his backing down mode where he starts bricking everything.
    Here's what drives me crazy:

1. When Kobe isolates his man and tries to take 'em off the dribble. He either takes a horribly contested fade away or else he loses the handle because he can't dribble for shit anymore.

2. Kobe taking a twenty- to twenty-five foot contested jump shot and not getting back on defense.

3. His attitude in general. He knows he's getting old, and he goes through parts of games where he just gets pissed off and gives off this negative energy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

he doesnt speak for everyone.

I think the lakers are definitely the team with the 3rd most talent in the league and capable of winning it all if kobe plays like 06-09 level.

I must laugh at the top 10 defensive small forward though. Whats next, top 5 offensive from left side of court with headband on? Did you think saying someone is a top 10 sf on defense is a sign of something ? this team has a bad SF and a bad bench, but with sessions its a team that can potentially win if kobe AND role players step up.

Altho maybe just kobe needs to step up. I dunno. We beat heat when kobe and ron played good but lost to okc when they both played poorly... Do they win either game if only one of them come through?

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Here's what drives me crazy:

1. When Kobe isolates his man and tries to take 'em off the dribble. He either takes a horribly contested fade away or else he loses the handle because he can't dribble for shit anymore.

2. Kobe taking a twenty- to twenty-five foot contested jump shot and not getting back on defense.

3. His attitude in general. He knows he's getting old, and he goes through parts of games where he just gets pissed off and gives off this negative energy.

This. Although I dislike Lebron, I wish Kobe would play like him (except choking). I mean with his shooting talent how hard is it to shoot 50% for a few games.

-Kobe doesn't need better teammates. Hell, he could have won the champion ship "this" year without ramon sessions if he can put up 25, pau put up 18, and bynum 20.
    Last edited by Dictator; 03-30-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    he doesnt speak for everyone.

I think the lakers are definitely the team with the 3rd most talent in the league and capable of winning it all if kobe plays like 06-09 level.

I must laugh at the top 10 defensive small forward though. Whats next, top 5 offensive from left side of court with headband on? Did you think saying someone is a top 10 sf on defense is a sign of something ? this team has a bad SF and a bad bench, but with sessions its a team that can potentially win if kobe AND role players step up.

Altho maybe just kobe needs to step up. I dunno. We beat heat when kobe and ron played good but lost to okc when they both played poorly... Do they win either game if only one of them come through?

Saying someone like Bruce Bowen was a top 10 defender at his position means nothing now? Interesting.