Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Perfect HDTV size for gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Me too. I have a big living room. So, 52 inches is fine....you can see everything. 70 inch is too much.
    I have my 52 in my room

Watch your input lag. Get a TC-P65VT60 and be done with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Watch your input lag. Get a TC-P65VT60 and be done with it.
    Oh man you're right. Excuse me, I'm off to the bathroom to pull 2 grand out of my ass

In other news, I decided to order the 32incher. Should be here today. Can't wait to enjoy Battlefield 4 in luscious HD

Banned

How could any screen be too big? I havent tried any gaming on a screen bigger than 40" but I thought bigger is better. Wouldnt Bruj's 70" be good?

Banned

Just got my TV today, popped in BF4 and the picture still looks like shit. My resolution is 480pi the fuq I got an hdtv. My friend said I'd need an hdmi cord to play in HD but does it really make much of a difference? Hdmi cords are fuqing ripoffs

Banned

20 in my pants 60 on my wall.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GASOL IS GOAT
    Just got my TV today, popped in BF4 and the picture still looks like shit. My resolution is 480pi the fuq I got an hdtv. My friend said I'd need an hdmi cord to play in HD but does it really make much of a difference? Hdmi cords are fuqing ripoffs
    Yes. I only figured out that the red, white and yellow wires dont do HD and ever since I put the HDMI cable in, it's been 1080p, and that's on my PS3. Btw, you can get one for $3 and they're just as good as any $50 cable. Doesnt make any difference.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GASOL IS GOAT
    Yes it does. a HUGE difference. what those cables do,in simple terms, is take the signal from your game system and amplify the resolution of your picture, and divide all of the colors that make up the picture properly.

This will allow you to see the finer details in a game that would normally be washed out on a normal tv. For example, you'll see the stitching on a person's cloths, small scars on a character's face, and things happening in the background that you wouldn't think twice about.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Monoprice for cables. Any cables. Best prices prices, wide selection, quick & reliable shipping, and quality stuff.

I have a weird cables fetish thing going on. A giant container with like 4 dozen random hdmi cables and whatnot and I keep buying them when I see a sale.

I don't think HDMI makes much of a difference on the 360 (tried using the component and a few different brands of HDMI and didn't see anything discernible), but I read that it does for the Ps3. If for anything, I like the it for wire clean up.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 12-28-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Monoprice for cables. Any cables. Best prices prices, wide selection, quick & reliable shipping, and quality stuff.

I have a weird cables fetish thing going on. A giant container with like 4 dozen random hdmi cables and whatnot and I keep buying them when I see a sale.

I don't think HDMI makes much of a difference on the 360 (tried using the component and a few different brands of HDMI and didn't see anything discernible), but I read that it does for the Ps3. If for anything, I like the it for wire clean up.
    Made a massive difference on PS3 I'm glad I bought one

It's not about the size of the screen bros, but the distance you're sitting from it.

You can game on anything. I used to have a 25 until I recently bought a 50 for my room. Def gotta get used to it. But once you do it's easy. And distance also plays a part very good point omnistrife

3-time NBA All-Star

It depends on how far away from the TV you will be sitting when playing.... but I have a 46" LED and I love it

I have a 46 inch in my room and an 80 inch in my lounge room, let's just say no TV is too big for gaming

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

i play on a 70" works just fine. i do recommend hdmi over wireless connection, mainly because of delay.