Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8asU1kuFM

lol Kobe forgot this though!

I think if Kobe took a shit on a supermarket floor his many stans (as seen in this thread) would still defend him.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
    LOL

We were all mad hating on Kobe back then, he didn't even come close to Nash votes, WTF?

I'm not saying Nash shouldn't have won but geez, wasn't this the year Kobe went APE SHYT on the league? This was the 81 point game season right?

4th place? lol

Truth is he should have gotten more votes. Looking back at it now and the media really did hate on Kobe back then. Most of them sided with Shaq. We were all wrong, lol.

Anyways, I got curious and looked Smush Parker up.

This is from wiki...

Smush should be grateful he was even able to collect a check cause of Kobe.
    But here it is, where you have idiotic know nothing about basketball bandwagon Lebron fans aka Lebronytes, trying to act like Parker was some top talent guy and Kobe drove him out of the NBA by blacklisting him. Anybody who truly knows basketball already knows Smush wasn't that great of a player. People trying to say otherwise, are just ret**ded haters nobody takes seriously anyways

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    sounds good.....

1 more Chip and Kobe moves to the #2 or #3 for me......and the rest of the basketball community

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

[QUOTE]Kobe's Facebook

Leadership is responsibility.
    There comes a point when one must make a decision. Are YOU willing to do what it takes to push the right buttons to elevate those around you? If the answer is YES, are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? Here's where the true responsibility of being a leader lies. Sometimes you must prioritize the success of the team ahead of how your own image is perceived. The ability to elevate those around you is more than simply sharing the ball or making teammates feel a certain level of comfort. It's pushing them to find their inner beast, even if they end up resenting you for it at the time.

I'd rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand in hand all the time but that's just not reality. I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.

This is my way. It might not be right for YOU but all I can do is share my thoughts. It

^ Kobe sure does have a great writing style. He should write a book. Everyone writes a book these days, but his book would actually be somewhat interesting.

StephenKingbe
    MarkTwainbe

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    Kobe was a big time diva back then, so Smush isn't inaccurate with what he's saying. Kobe was very difficult to deal with. In regards to Smush's play, playing with Kobe made him look relevant. He got open looks because Kobe was double teamed almost the second he touched the ball, sometimes even triple teamedHis point production more or less doubled. He never averaged more than 6 PPG at any other point and the season after he left the Lakers was his last..
    http://www.nba.com/historical/player...r=smush_parker

Averaged 6.4 with the Clips in 21.5 minutes and then 5.9 in 21.1 minutes. Not to mention, more dimes as he got the ball more in his hands and less turnovers.

While Parker was not starter material, he was far from one of the worst starting point guards in the league since 2000. I mean, studs like Rick Brunson and Doug Overton have had starting roles in the league.

As far as this "feud" goes, a lot of what both are saying is stupid, but entertaining. I'd say the posts in here are much more entertaining though

NBA sixth man of the year

The people defending Kobe are pathetic, smh...So all you grown men in here are ok with somebody constantly talking shit about you for no reason and you wouldn't defend yourselves...And we all know there have been much worse players in the NBA than Smush Parker..only Kobe stans would agree with him...and I'm sure the context of his comment about Smush not being able to talk to him is anytime...This is the same guy Kobe who told Kyrie Irving that he would barely be able to dribble with Kobe on him..Kyrie is one of the best ball handlers in the league and NOBODY can lock him down 1 on 1...and I saw highlights of that same game, Kyrie splitting defenders and having Kobe reaching for air...

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    this is why i cant respect kobe.
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Yet another reason why athletes are getting too much special treatment.

Imagine having a co worker like Kobe in your office, never talking to you because he thinks he is too good to talk to you. Or throwing another co worker under the bus for whatever politics going on between them two.

Seriously, if he wasn't a basketball player, Kobe would be perpetually unemployed with his attitude.
    Best post in the thread...

No lie, Ive read all 9 pages of this thread and 95% of the people making excuses for Kobe have Laker avatars, Laker screen names, or location California, rofl...while people on the other side of the argument, are from everywhere and fans of different teams, lol...yet we're all Jordan stans...God Kobe fans are annoying...Do any of you not see the world through purple and yellow glasses...If Kobe's attitude doesn't make you dislike him, his fans surely will..

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    http://www.nba.com/historical/player...r=smush_parker

Averaged 6.4 with the Clips in 21.5 minutes and then 5.9 in 21.1 minutes. Not to mention, more dimes as he got the ball more in his hands and less turnovers.

The 5.9 in 21.1 was his season average in '08. He also averaged 1.9 turnovers in that Clipper stint, which is pretty much even with his Laker averages despite playing in a good 10 fewer minutes.

While Parker was not starter material, he was far from one of the worst starting point guards in the league since 2000. I mean, studs like Rick Brunson and Doug Overton have had starting roles in the league.

Numbers don't tell the whole story. Was Parker the worst player in the league? No, but he wasn't much better either. Even if Brunson and Overton didn't provide as much statistically, they at least provided veteran leadership so there were at least some intangibles they brought to the team. Smush provided nothing other than an empty 10 points, which a lot of it was because of the attention Kobe commanded. Smush was also a low IQ player who made many dumb mistakes. That's why he was out of the league just a year removed from the Lakers while Brunson and Overton both lasting around a decade or more.

As far as this "feud" goes, a lot of what both are saying is stupid, but entertaining. I'd say the posts in here are much more entertaining though

Both made valid points, but both were also highly immature. I'd be equally frustrated if my best teammate after Lamar Odom was Smush Parker. Kobe leading that team to 45 wins was a miracle.

I just don't understand how anybody can talk about Kobe's teammates being bad and in the same breath try to compare him to MJ.....MJ had played with players would not even been in the league at that time if they weren't playing for the Bulls, Stacy King, an old Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Bill Wennington, Will Perdue, Randy Brown, are you guys serious with this. I mean all those comparison's should stop if we're down to making excuses about the talent level of Kobe's teams. Kobe has played on more talented teams than Jordan EVER did..Jordan WAS the talent with some Pippen and Rodman mixed in...Everyone else was a role player or probably a 12th man on most teams..

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Kobe has played on more talented teams than Jordan EVER did

During his second set of titles, yes. For the 3-peat, no chance. Outside of Shaq, he had Derek Fisher, an old Ron Harper, Glen Rice, Horace Grant, Slava Medvedenko, Devean George, Rick Fox.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I just don't understand how anybody can talk about Kobe's teammates being bad and in the same breath try to compare him to MJ.....MJ had played with players would not even been in the league at that time if they weren't playing for the Bulls, Stacy King, an old Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Bill Wennington, Will Perdue, Randy Brown, are you guys serious with this. I mean all those comparison's should stop if we're down to making excuses about the talent level of Kobe's teams. Kobe has played on more talented teams than Jordan EVER did..Jordan WAS the talent with some Pippen and Rodman mixed in...Everyone else was a role player or probably a 12th man on most teams..
    This thread is about Smush Parker and kobe Bryant. Smush Parker isn't in the league and he hasn't been in it since he left La.. So what is your point in this thread? You have none.. He was just as scrub a teammate as anyone Jordan ever had.