Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Berkshire is the Woods hipballinjigga's Avatar

Default Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Former LA Lakers point guard Smush Parker is calling out Kobe Bryant for being a diva who treated his teammates like crap -- and it comes just hours after Kobe blamed Parker for costing him a huge trophy 7 years ago.

Parker played with Kobe during the 2005-06 season, and tells TMZ the Lakers great is only lashing out because he once dared to say Kobe was "overrated" as a teammate.

Parker's never explained what he meant by that, but now tells us ... Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him." He also says Kobe didn't talk to most of his teammates.

Parker says he's opening up about Kobe's diss because Kobe told reporters earlier today ... he lost the '05-'06 NBA MVP trophy to Steve Nash because he was surrounded with no-talent players that season.

Kobe said, "I tell Steve, you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker."

Kobe piled on more, saying ... "He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."

Parker, who's currently hooping overseas, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz292JiguJ3

Link: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/11/kobe-b...-smush-parker/

Banned

Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Who's this Smush Parker guy?

Thank Kobe for making him relevant again.

It's no secret at all that Kobe's a dickhead. Always has been, always will be.

It's also no secret that Smush wasn't a good player. However, he has every right to air his own dirty laundry. I'd love Smush to just come out at some point and talk about exactly what was going on on that Lakers team.

"told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him."

That nikka is just sensitive, He should have never called Kobe overrated

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    It's no secret at all that Kobe's a dickhead. Always has been, always will be.
    Really, nothing more need be said. Yet this thread will go 50 pages.

Old news Parker said all this stuff a long time a go.

And go check Jordan's track record on his relationship with teammates. Same crap.

Berkshire is the Woods hipballinjigga's Avatar

I think the whole "hating" on Smush Parker as a basketball player and not being good is kind of tough.

He actually averaged pretty decent numbers while he played on those teams. I understand that numbers do not show the number of bone headed plays he made, but he was a very serviceable NBA player.

There is a lot of serviceable basketball players that come and go. He is just one of them. However he does not deserve the hate from Kobe Bryant.

Don't blame your own faults as a basketball player on other players. If you are truly as great as you say, you need to back it up with your playing and not your cocky mouth.

Banned

Regardless of whether Kobe is a dick or not, Parker was not really NBA caliber. Third string point guard maybe, but he was not capable of running an NBA offense or bringing any sort of positive offensive or defensive play, as evidenced by the fact that he was gone only a season or two after he left LA before he even showed any sort of decline.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hipballinjigga
    I think the whole "hating" on Smush Parker as a basketball player and not being good is kind of tough.

He actually averaged pretty decent numbers while he played on those teams. I understand that numbers do not show the number of bone headed plays he made, but he was a very serviceable NBA player.

There is a lot of serviceable basketball players that come and go. He is just one of them. However he does not deserve the hate from Kobe Bryant.

Don't blame your own faults as a basketball player on other players. If you are truly as great as you say, you need to back it up with your playing and not your cocky mouth.
    Wait what? Are you referring to Smush or Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Old news Parker said all this stuff a long time a go.

And go check Jordan's track record on his relationship with teammates. Same crap.
    Sensitive much? You're like Kobe's own personal online body guard

"And go check Jordan's track record on his relationship with teammates"

How old are you?

ok do u want a nice guy who sucks or a dick whos top 10 all time and won you 5 rings??

who cares about kobe's attitude

Very good NBA starter

Parker wasn't really an NBA caliber point guard as evidence by how he was out of the league when he went to Miami. I think there's always been beef between them so Kobe is just letting it out

idk, i find it kind of funny how kobe is taking so many shots at smush over the last couple years. like he's not even asked about the guy...he just brings it up. i think he likes seeing his response and tormenting him in some weird way

For an overweight scrub, Smush sure does talk a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    idk, i find it kind of funny how kobe is taking so many shots at smush over the last couple years. like he's not even asked about the guy...he just brings it up. i think he likes seeing his response and tormenting him in some weird way
    I'm a huge Kobe fan but this should be below him. He's made it, he's a big named player destined to go down as one of the greatest to ever step on the court yet he still gets into these petty moments where he feels the need to step on some no-names throat just because he can