Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Default Should Deng have gone to Atlanta?

Now, since I have not made a Hawks thread due to the complaining and I understand us Hawk fans were being annoying, a thread is due by me.

Deng is averaging 14/5/2 on 50% shooting. That makes him an efficient scorer and a good rebounder. He is also a system player, one of the bests at that. He was Chicago's best scorer when Rose went down. He is also one of the better help defenders in the league, but I don't think he is that much of a good on ball defender. He is also a scrapper just like our current starting SF DeMarre Carroll, though not at the junkyard dog level.

If Deng, who had been offered a 10M/yr contract by ATL, had joined the Hawks, would this have hurt, or possibly helped Atlanta? This would put more depth on our bench by having Carroll to come in the game from there.

I personally think, if Deng had joined the Hawks, they may be the undisputed best team of the regular season.

But there is a twist. I'm somewhat glad Deng didn't accept the offer, because we are getting so much from DMC for 2.5 million. He is averaging 12/6/2.

But you also have to consider what Deng would be averaging in this system as well. His efficiency would be better, and maybe average around 7-8 boards a game due to him being an already great rebounder. I'm not too sure if his scoring will improve because he wouldn't get a large volume of shots, but I am willing to bet he would be averaging around the 16-18ppg area.

His 3pt% would probably be around 42%, instead of 37% because of all the other three point threats on the team.

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Should Deng have gone to Atlanta?

Deng has been injured lately, but playing well all things considered. Now, why he didn't consider Atlanta is because at this stage of his career, he's interested in playing beyond the first round in the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Deng has been injured lately, but playing well all things considered. Now, why he didn't consider Atlanta is because at this stage of his career, he's interested in playing beyond past the first round in the playoffs.

Deng has been injured lately, but playing well all things considered. Now, why he didn't consider Atlanta is because at this stage of his career, he's interested in playing beyond past the first round in the playoffs.
    That was very unnecessary.

There was really no reason to bash the past hawk teams, which were led by Joe Johnson and the cancerous Josh Smith.

Last season we took Indiana to 7 games without Al Horford, with Antic shooting only 17% from 3.

Plus, there really isn't a way we lose in the first round. And by season's end, Cleveland may actually be a top 3 seed, so the semifinals is definitely in our favor.

Also, he did consider Atlanta, but chose to go to Miami, which I can understand why. At the time, it looked like the best bet, but I'm not sure he thinks the same now.
    Last edited by Richesly; 01-27-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Oh, cool, I just got negged for this thread.

Thought I could have an intelligent discussion on ISH, regarding a player's decision. I did not gloat about how well the Hawks are playing, nor did I bash any other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly

There was really no reason to bash the past hawk teams, which were led by Joe Johnson and the cancerous Josh Smith.

Last season we took Indiana to 7 games without Al Horford, with Antic shooting only 17% from 3.

Plus, there really isn't a way we lose in the first round. And by season's end, Cleveland may actually be a top 3 seed, so the semifinals is definitely in our favor.
    It wasn't unnecessary. Historically speaking he made the right call. No one expected the Hawks to do this well, and it's yet to be proved if it will hold up in the playoffs, I'm thinking it will, but who knows.

Carrol is a better defender at this point, I prefer his hustle play for us.

Banned

Deng has been injured lately, but playing well all things considered. Now, why he didn't consider Atlanta is because at this stage of his career, he's interested in playing beyond the first round in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3peated
    It wasn't unnecessary. Historically speaking he made the right call. No one expected the Hawks to do this well, and it's yet to be proved if it will hold up in the playoffs, I'm thinking it will, but who knows.
    It was totally off topic and derailed the thread. This had nothing at all to do with any prior seasons, nor was this an obnoxious thread of me stating that the Hawks are the best in the east.

I'm well aware that the Hawks, who I've been a fan of since we received Danny Manning, have not made the ECF. Why do I need to be reminded?

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    I think Carroll is the better man defender, but I'll have to give Deng the edge when it comes to help defense, which is more important in our defensive system. You are right, DMC is a hustling machine, but Deng is also a scrapper too.

In my opinion, Deng is a better overall offensive player than DeMarre. But I have to give credit to DMC, who was just a 3nD player last year, has now added a slasher's arsenal to his game.

Also, he did consider Atlanta, but chose to go to Miami, which I can understand why. At the time, it looked like the best bet, but I'm not sure he thinks the same now.
    Indeed, they came very close to beating a Pacers squad that had imploded. I l honesty believed that they would pull it off, but things just couldn't work out.

No he shouldn't have gone to Atlanta, as their GM treated him very poorly.

It was totally off topic and derailed the thread. This had nothing at all to do with any prior seasons, nor was this an obnoxious thread of me stating that the Hawks are the best in the east.

I'm well aware that the Hawks, who I've been a fan of since we received Danny Manning, have not made the ECF. Why do I need to be reminded?

Are we going to get into a discussion about netiquitte? lol. he could have expressed himself differently, but let's be real, his response was the most humorious way to say deng had a good reason to pass

edit: lot of african in him

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    Overall, Carroll is 75% the player Deng is.

OP has a bit of African American in him,

the unintelligent kind.