Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Is Kevin Love a superstar ?

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    So far Love is 0-6 to get to the playoffs, that's the definition of a loser. Lamarcus actually is a great offensive threat and a respectable defender, rarely chokes.
    It's a team sport. Stop using team accomplishments when we're talking about individual players.

I'm not going to sidestep Love not bringing the best out of his squad, but don't try to use the accomplishments of the BLAZER ORGANIZATION to dictate that LMA is a better INDIVIDUAL PLAYER.

Also, that shit about any scrub can do 20 PPG seasons is the most asinine shit I've ever read regarding basketball that wasn't from a pure troll. Maybe you are trolling, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Love is not better than LaMarcus. No way
    why ? give the reasons. is it because lma's team is winning and love's is not winning as much as blazers?
    people forget lma pretty much said last season that he would leave portland because they were not winning. most nba fans were questioning his motivation to win.
    Love is a better offensive players. LMA is a little better defensively and that is it. love is also the better rebounder.

Banned

Hmmmmm, whats the team record? All I can remember is Love screwing games up in the clutch, he is a star, but not a superstar.
    So if his team won more games, he'd be a better individual player? You have zero arguments for LMA, otherwise.

Just in, T-Mac from 03 was not a top 10 player.

Wade from 09 was not a top 10 player.

Yes, that very good, but you forgot that you don't play basketball for stats. Every role player can have a 20 ppg season, but that won't lead the team anywhere.
    So far Love is 0-6 to get to the playoffs, that's the definition of a loser. Lamarcus actually is a great offensive threat and a respectable defender, rarely chokes.

He has a very solid cast the past couple years, especially this year. There is no reason to miss the playoffs AGAIN!

Its time to accept he is an all-star caliber player, not a star, and definitely not a superstar.

Made that high school varsity squad

I think a superstar needs to make the playoffs. Love has a decent cast too - Rubio, Pek, Martin are all more than solid. Good coach too.

If he were a superstar Love's team wouldn't be 0-8 in close games. That's when a superstar takes over and wins you the game.

Banned

In my opinion he's not, you need to win to give people something to talk about and to start mentioning you when they are talking about superstars, he is a great player but he needs to show that he can get his team some Ws

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FrobeShaw
    So if his team won more games, he'd be a better individual player? You have zero arguments for LMA, otherwise.

You obv didn't read what I said, you ignored the 10 players I listed, I said Love is a star, I gave him that, but LMA is the main reason why his team is winning, he has put up performances this year that Love hasn't, remember his 30pts and 21rebs vs OKC? 31pts and 25rebs against Dwight and the Rockets?, Love hasn't pulled down over 20rebs this season, but he has had some good games.

Durant is putting up better numbers than LeBron but does that make Durant the better player? No.

Banned

You obv didn't read what I said, you ignored the 10 players I listed, I said Love is a star, I gave him that, but LMA is the main reason why his team is winning, he has put up performances this year that Love hasn't, remember his 30pts and 21rebs vs OKC? 31pts and 25rebs against Dwight and the Rockets?, Love hasn't pulled down over 20rebs this season, but he has had some good games.

Durant is putting up better numbers than LeBron but does that make Durant the better player? No.
    What the hell does that matter when he's averaging more than 2 boards than him for the season? You're grasping.

Love had better games than the ones you mentioned.

Love has been better than LMA. In fact, no one ever considered this an argument until this season when Portland started winning.

It's a team sport. Stop using team accomplishments when we're talking about individual players.

I'm not going to sidestep Love not bringing the best out of his squad, but don't try to use the accomplishments of the BLAZER ORGANIZATION to dictate that LMA is a better INDIVIDUAL PLAYER.

Also, that shit about any scrub can do 20 PPG seasons is the most asinine shit I've ever read regarding basketball that wasn't from a pure troll. Maybe you are trolling, who knows?
    Man how i hate guys like this, nothing personal obviously, it's just the bullshit you spit and the confidence you have while spitting it. Do you know why T-Mac had those incredible stats? BECAUSE their teams ****ing sucked, if you have 30-7-6 on a terrible team, and the other guy is doing 27-5-5 on a stacked one, you have no argument against that guy before you start winning shit.
    When we're ranking peaks by stats, that's cool, you could say that Love has/will have better peak that Lamarcus, but don't even bring that better player bullshit until Love does shit in the playoffs.

TL;DR You have better stats when you're playing on a shitty team. That's why Kobe would be a 30 ppg career scorer or close to it if not for having Shaq on his team and Michael Jordan would be 33+ ppg career scorer if Pippen was traded before stepping on the court with a Bulls jersey.

TL;DR learn some basketball before spitting bullshit, anybody with a clue will make fun of you, friendly reminder

Dont compare them.

Wade is a legit superstar who has won a ring, and went to the playoffs several times.

Love is a stat padding, no defense, chucker who never had a season over 30 wins.

Banned

What the hell does that matter when he's averaging more than 2 boards than him for the season? You're grasping.

Love had better games than the ones you mentioned.

Love has been better than LMA. In fact, no one ever considered this an argument until this season when Portland started winning.
    Lol, as I said, Durant is averaging better numbers than LeBron this season, but is he better than LeBron? No.

Banned

You're attacking me while basing the worth of players on how well their teams do.

You have no argument for LMA as the individual, just LMA + Blazers. Ironic that you talk about intelligence or knowledge.

His point was Stats dont tell the whole story. A good player on a bad team can put up better stats then a great player on a good team by nature of usage alone.

You're attacking me while basing the worth of players on how well their teams do.

You have no argument for LMA as the individual, just LMA + Blazers. Ironic that you talk about intelligence or knowledge.
    I actually do, and I have mentioned it before in this thread briefly.
    Lamarcus is a better, more consistent offensive weapon, a similar rebounder, respectable defensive player, MUCH better leader, MUCH better clutch player.
    I don't see a case for Love besides the stats, and three point shooting. Although LA thriumps Love in mid-range shooting too so that cancels each other out.
    Oh and he's taller and quicker with the ball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    His point was Stats dont tell the whole story. A good player on a bad team can put up better stats then a great player on a good team by nature of usage alone.
    How is that the case here? LMA had bad teams. His stats never approached Love.