Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Quick equip? so like switching from bow-dagger? I always wondered how that worked and I was too lazy to look into it
    sorry i just mean the favorite menu interface was tricky for me at first but now i got it

i wish you could switch weapons on the fly without having to go into a menu

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    he works great

i had faendal before and he was terrible, always getting knocked out and shit
    everytime i would steal something he would always say some goody twoshoes line, i was getting tired of it

then all of a sudden i told him to wait in dragonsreach and he disappears and he had TONS of my gear and loot!!

had to trace him back to riverwood and "convince" him of giving my things back if you know what i mean

i do my best damage up close so having him at range it limits the amount of hits i need to take larger enemies down, since getting him my level has one from 12 to 15 which is pretty good considering it starts to slow down considerably

since i got both meeko and the mage at the same time i dont know how much more the dog helps but he is definitely down for the cause haha
    Game is a lot more fun rolling with a team huh? I always feel alone in games if I can't have a dog/mercenary with me haha. I like having that squad type feeling. The only annoying thing about dogs is they like to stand in doorways and trap you.. and it's a pain in the as* to get around them.

One thing I admit I haven't learned is.. the controls of companions. It seems like all you can really do is make them steal off a counter/chest or make them attack. I would think it would let you command them to pick pocket and more. How can you tell Marcurio's level BTW?
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-15-2011 at 01:38 AM.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

If I get it I'll surely make myself a gritty Norse.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Game is a lot more fun rolling with a team huh? I always feel alone in games if I can't have a dog/mercenary with me haha. I like having that squad type feeling. The only annoying thing about dogs is they like to stand in doorways and trap you.. and it's a pain in the as* to get around them.

One thing I admit I haven't learned is.. the controls of companions. It seems like all you can really do is make them steal off a counter/chest or make them attack. I would think it would let you command them to pick pocket and more. How can you tell Marcurio's level BTW?
    i havent figured that one out yet, will post here if I find out

Okay so next up. There is another Mage who is a Frost Mage you can recruit. I'm going to try her and see if she is stronger than Marcurio. Rumor is that she's a Dragonborne like you . I finally found out her location is in a tower Southwest of Riften. I've been searching for last 2 days with no luck. Darklight Tower is the name I believe. I really like Marcurio.... but I want to experience everything first time through so for future games I know how every companion plays firsthand.

Also I learned a couple Mage leveling tricks (I have yet to try but read them).

Conjuration leveling trick. Conjure up a bound weapon and keep it out... while you spam summoning spells and this supposedly will level you.

Restoration leveling trick. Use Illusion Spell which trades life for mana... then immediately use a heal. This will level both Illusion and Restoration (if rumor is true!).

Destruction leveling trick. Keep raising Zombies or Summons... then attacking and killing them with destruction spells.

I'm about to try these tricks and will let you guys know.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-15-2011 at 03:47 AM.

Man I don't know if I can let Marcurio go. He just killed 2 trolls within seconds. Dude is the sh**. I have confirmed tower location for second Dragonborne/Frost Mage companion. If you go to Rifton... just head south till the mountain area... then directly west for about 2-3 minutes. Can't miss it!

Fu**er! I got a really nice horse and Marcurio set it on fire on accident and it attacked. In turn my party attacked and killed it. Putting me out 1000 gold! Sons of bit*hes.

Edit: Yea I'm sticking with Marcurio. This mage Illia is a judgemental bit*h. When I use Conjuration spells she speaks out against it.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-15-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Markarth has a SCARY as* quest called "House Of Horrors" which is the abandoned house. I just started it but got creeped out and left haha. I'm not about to play this at 1 AM when I'm super tired and prone to scaring.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I found most of what occured in Oblivion scarier than this game.

The zombies were so creepy in that game. Thats why I just modded and hacked the hell out of it.

Lol. I just created a Khajit Rogue. It's funny because the guards call me "The Cat".

http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-level-up-glitch/

Use this. I'll be level 50 sneak in about 10 minutes of work in a sec. Once I get like 60-70 sneak I'll stop exploiting this cheat and go level pickpocket+1 handed on my own. Rogues do insane damage! Right after I level this... I need to go get Meeko and Marcurio... then it's off to join the Dark Brotherhood, then Thieves Guild.

Check out this one skill perk which you only need 50 to get. Assassin's Blade.... "Sneak attacks with daggers now do a total of fifteen times normal damage".

One Handed or Two Handed (depending on what you use) levels with this glitch too but it's slow. For example I've gotten 44 sneak levels and only like 3 one handed levels since using this glitch for 10-15 mins or so.

Oh one other thing article doesn't mention. It HAS to be a power attack (hold down the swing button). If you swing on him with normal swings he WILL attack you and so will everybody in town. You need to be behind him and undetected (eye needs to be a straight line instead of open). So I just get him when he's stirring the pot... or sitting down (walk behind him).

You don't need to wait for his health to regenerate. You just need to wait for him to stand up after he falls to the floor.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-15-2011 at 02:13 PM.

So in one hours work I got 70 sneak and 29 one handed. Very nice. Now I'm off to join some guilds and get my companions.

This game is bad for my social life and work commitments. Supposed to write a report over the weekend that I ended up putting off until this morning. On the bright side, my redguard is like level 30 or something now. Finished the Thieves guild, the companions and a ton of side quests. Got Wuthurad last night or whatever its called but my 2h skill is only like 19. I think I might hit up the bards college next. Trying to decide whether I am going to play through all the content with this character or whether I want to make new characters or what.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    This game is bad for my social life and work commitments. Supposed to write a report over the weekend that I ended up putting off until this morning. On the bright side, my redguard is like level 30 or something now. Finished the Thieves guild, the companions and a ton of side quests. Got Wuthurad last night or whatever its called but my 2h skill is only like 19. I think I might hit up the bards college next. Trying to decide whether I am going to play through all the content with this character or whether I want to make new characters or what.
    Haha damn right. My girl has been pissed off last couple days because I'm giving her less attention.

Decided against Dark Brotherhood and their demonic nature. Going to join Thieves Guild, then wipe out Brotherhood and take all their goods. First I need to get in nice with Brotherhood though to get the best daggers in the game. Also I'm playing in 1st person. Melee isn't good in 3rd person IMO.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-15-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Stenvar is the best tank I've used in game so far. He NEVER dies. At least not yet. I needed to go with a melee tank because my build depends heavily on backstabs which I won't get with a ranged companion. He's super chill and costs 500 gold.