Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default These season ending injuries for Kobe aren't really season ending

The Achilles tear was bad. That we all know put him out. But the Knee last year and now the shoulder are more cautionary/we might as well tank type moves.

But my ***** Kobe is getting old.

Default Re: These season ending injuries for Kobe aren't really season ending

a tear in the rotator cuff is not season ending?

Banned

Kobe taking L's from his hospital bed

Decent playground baller They Won's Avatar

I agree with the knee. Not sure about the current injury.

He's so tired

Learning to shoot layups

The surgery he had is basically season ender at this point in the season. The only way you can argue that it is a stealth move is by showing he didn't need the surgery. I doubt the lakers would or that Kobe would agree to an unnecessary surgery.

I do not know enough about the knee surgery to comment.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by sp6r=underrated
    The surgery he had is basically season ender at this point in the season. The only way you can argue that it is a stealth move is by showing he didn't need the surgery. I doubt the lakers would or that Kobe would agree to an unnecessary surgery.

I do not know enough about the knee surgery to comment.
    I'm not saying he didn't need the surgery, I'm saying if the Lakers were atop the west and he had this injury he'd be back before the season ended.

Kobe needs to retire. Nothing he's doing is special. Any alltime great could've played well into their 40s under these circumstances. Terrible defense, shooting in the 30s? He's old. He doesn't have it any more. His last three seasons have been ended due to inury. Get a clue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo
    I'm not saying he didn't need the surgery, I'm saying if the Lakers were atop the west and he had this injury he'd be back before the season ended.
    Maybe but why rush back when you aren't making the play offs? If they were on top and he was recovering well he would likely just come back for the play offs. No player would bother coming back though unless they are 100% fit when their team is so bad. Kobe provides enough ammunition for haters without having to resort to making shit up so just stop it.

Finally a Laker fan willing to tell the truth!
    That knee injury last season was only supposed to keep him out six weeks, but Kobe decided to sit out the rest of the season as he knew he wouldn't be capable of being dominating on a consistent basis. The injury this year does sound serious, but there is no getting around the fact that Kobe quit on his teammates and city last season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Finally a Laker fan willing to tell the truth!
    That knee injury last season was only supposed to keep him out six weeks, but Kobe decided to sit out the rest of the season as he knew he wouldn't be capable of being dominating on a consistent basis. The injury this year does sound serious, but there is no getting around the fact that Kobe quit on his teammates and city last season.
    What's more serious, a torn rotator cuff or cramps?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Is this a serious question?
    With one injury you can do everything you normally do except shoot, and with the other injury you can't even run.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Is this a serious question?
    With one injury you can do everything you normally do except shoot, and with the other injury you can't even run.
    All he has to do is play with his left hand. I don't get it.

"Recovery can take 3 to 6 months, depending on the size of the tear and other factors. You may have to wear a sling for 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. Pain is usually managed with medicines."

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/007207.htm

OP, along with most of the posters in this thread, clueless as usual.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Rat poison

JT how many times you gonna walk right into your own demise?