Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Rank these Five moves in order of dominance and effectiveness

Rank these in order of dominance and effectiveness
    1. Hakeem Dream Shake

2. Kareem Skyhook

3. Tim Duncan Bank shot

4. Shaq Drop Step

5. Jordan Fade Away

And do you agree that these are the five most unstoppable moves in Nba History?

If you don't add another and we'll see where it falls
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 12-20-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Default Re: Rank these Five moves in order of dominance and effectiveness

Hakeems Dream Shake is number 1. Sky hook is 2nd, then the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Hakeems Dream Shake is number 1. Sky hook is 2nd, then the rest.
    In what order =O

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease GilZero's Avatar

1. Kareem Sky hook

(GAP)

2. Hakeem Dream shake
    3. Shaq drop step
    4. Jordan fade away

5. Duncan bank shot

The Sky hook is in a league of its own, and timmy's bank shot is overrated (though he is underrated as a player at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by GilZero
    1. Kareem Sky hook

(GAP)

2. Hakeem Dream shake
    3. Shaq drop step
    4. Jordan fade away

5. Duncan bank shot

The Sky hook is in a league of its own, and timmy's bank shot is overrated (though he is underrated as a player at the moment).
    How? Tim Duncan's bank shot may not be flashy but it's as effective as anything I've seen. It's dependable and it works time and time again. What more could you ask out of a signature move even when Duncan's having a bad game he can still hit that move.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

1. Kareem Sky hook

(GAP)

2. Hakeem Dream shake
    3. Shaq drop step
    4. Jordan fade away

5. Duncan bank shot

Hmm... I think the sky hook would not be as effective today since athleticism jumped so much right when Kareem was retiring. It could still be #1 though. Whats ironic is that people see highlights of the sky hook and just think KAJ hit them out at the perimeter at the same rate others ht layups. It wasn't like that. And an athletic weak side defender like Josh Smith would be able to make it much less effective.

I think the Dream Shake was pretty much as good as it gets cuz Hakeem was able to create so much space for himself with it. He got a clean look every single time. However, I'm not sure if they beat Jordan's turn around considering how much more likely he was to draw a foul on it before he actually pulled off his shot.

I think the Shaq drop step and the banker are not really unstoppable moves as Robinson showed you could stop Shaq and Timmy beat you with everything else, not the banker, which was just a nice go to to embarrass you when you weren't paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    How? Tim Duncan's bank shot may not be flashy but it's as effective as anything I've seen. It's dependable and it works time and time again. What more could you ask out of a signature move even when Duncan's having a bad game he can still hit that move.
    Jeff Van Gundy said in a game that he was commenteting that Duncan's FG% on the bankshoot is not that high and coaches wants him to shoot it. It is more of a hyped shoot to make him sort of special. His game is kind of boring, and not flashy enough, so to make him a bit cooler for the casual fan, they made a big thing out of the bank shoot.

Anyway, Dream did not really use the dream shake much or is it just me?

I have to go with Sky hook and then MJ's fadeaway.

Sorry for the english, not my first language

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    Jeff Van Gundy said in a game that he was commenteting that Duncan's FG% on the bankshoot is not that high and coaches wants him to shoot it. It is more of a hyped shoot to make him sort of special. His game is kind of boring, and not flashy enough, so to make him a bit cooler for the casual fan, they made a big thing out of the bank shoot.

Anyway, Dream did not really use the dream shake much or is it just me?

I have to go with Sky hook and then MJ's fadeaway.

Sorry for the english, not my first language
    I recall Dream going to the Shake over and over again in multiple championship runs. It was unstoppable.

Decent college freshman

Shaq's dropstep is underrated. In his prime it was the most dominant move of all time.

NBA rookie of the year

Jordan averaged 30 ppg on 50% shooting on like 80% fadeaways, so that's no worse than #2. I'd go:

Kareem Sky-hook
    MJ fade
    Hakeem dream shake/Shaq drop step (tie)
    Duncan bank shot

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease GilZero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    The FG% of his bank shot is around 35%, can't find the link though, people overrate it to the max just because it is a bank shot.

The FG% of his bank shot is around 35%, can't find the link though, people overrate it to the max just because it is a bank shot.
    Please show me the link cause I really don't believe that one. For his career 35% ?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Hmm... I think the sky hook would not be as effective today since athleticism jumped so much right when Kareem was retiring. It could still be #1 though. Whats ironic is that people see highlights of the sky hook and just think KAJ hit them out at the perimeter at the same rate others ht layups. It wasn't like that. And an athletic weak side defender like Josh Smith would be able to make it much less effective.
    Athletic weak side defenders didnt do much then I dont see what they would do now. Besides Kareem was great passing out of the double and at 7'3'' in shoes he could always see over his man. Hed know if Josh were uncontested gathering himself to go up and try to block it.

Plus with like a 9'6'' standing reach and solid athletic ability in his youth he could take it from so high help D didnt matter. Josh Smith isnt gonna be in position to jog up and jump to his peak 20 times a game. And if he were...Kareem saw his share of shot blocking forwards.

A guy like Josh, or Larry Nance, or Ralph Sampson doesnt come out of nowhere to a guy his size who can see the whole floor. Hes gonna know where they are. And how long would a coach allow them to go up uncontested before instructing his own forwards to put a body on them to keep them on the ground while Kareem was operating?

The shot was simple but coming from a man his size who worked on it as much as he did it wasnt easily stopped. I only caught Kareem at the tail end and he was getting it off every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Athletic weak side defenders didnt do much then I dont see what they would do now. Besides Kareem was great passing out of the double and at 7'3'' in shoes he could always see over his man. Hed know if Josh were uncontested gathering himself to go up and try to block it.

Plus with like a 9'6'' standing reach and solid athletic ability in his youth he could take it from so high help D didnt matter. Josh Smith isnt gonna be in position to jog up and jump to his peak 20 times a game. And if he were...Kareem saw his share of shot blocking forwards.

A guy like Josh, or Larry Nance, or Ralph Sampson doesnt come out of nowhere to a guy his size who can see the whole floor. Hes gonna know where they are. And how long would a coach allow them to go up uncontested before instructing his own forwards to put a body on them to keep them on the ground while Kareem was operating?

The shot was simple but coming from a man his size who worked on it as much as he did it wasnt easily stopped. I only caught Kareem at the tail end and he was getting it off every single time.
    I didn't say ineffective, I said less effective. I think theres a huge difference between Josh Smith and Larry Nance, especially within the bench ranks. Either way, its all moot.

Did you make this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne7VWCXog_E

I don't want to argue with you if you did.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Jabbar being the #1 scorer in NBA history has to mean something. Prime Shaq was unstoppable but it wasn't about the move so much as the man and the size, strength, and explosiveness he was bringing to the hole. I suppose, at Shaq's peak, that no one could deal with that, but when it was "Shaq Attack" time there was nothing you could do about any of it. I think Chamberlain's finger roll should be mentioned, but that's something I read about more than actually viewed...I just figure that, if they had to change the width of the paint to keep him from making the game ridiculous it must have been something, especially with his insane athletic ability. I'd rate them:

1. Chamberlain and the finger roll. Forced a rule change.
    2. KAJ and the sky hook.
    3. Shaqness.
    4. Dreamshake
    5. "Slippery Eel." Was it a travel? Yes. Tough ****.