Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default The difference in big men between LA & MIA isn't as astronomical as people think

Come on now, all I hear on these forums is about how the Heat aren't a legit threat because they have no front court. First of all, let me say that it doesn't matter much since the Heat have the two best players of their generation, so it's not that big of a deal. Second of all, it isn't like the Heat have a bad frontcourt. Chris Bosh is a proven 20/10 player in the NBA who is also a legit 6'11, and people are acting like he's a scrub. He's easily one of the top 4 PF's in the NBA. At center, Joel Anthony is a GREAT defender. Think of him as a Birdman sort of player, he is everywhere on the court and swats shots like crazy. Not a bad man defender either.

Let's say they get to the finals and play LA. People are acting like LA completely owns Miami because of their frontcourt. Think again;

Yes, Pau is better than Bosh. But THAT better? Nah. Bosh is All-Star starter sort of talent, and so is Pau. They're both great. I don't think Pau is going to handle Bosh or anything CLOSE, like some people are saying.

Bynum? Come on, dude. He isn't this franchise sort of player people are making him out to be. He's a decent starting C. Will put up 15/10, on a good night. This is assuming he is healthy, which is uncommon for him. Do you really think his 15/10 against Joel Anthony's 7/5 (about what he will average this coming year) is going to win the series for the Lakers? No. Then, I hear about how Lamar Odom is going to terrorize the Heat off the bench. Udonis Haslem is a way better defender than Lamar Odom, and hits a more consistent shot, and will overall help his team just as much if not more than Lamar Odom.

There is a thread talking about what teams you are scared of, and people are very reluctantly putting the Heat. I even saw a Bulls fan say the Bulls are better because Boozer + Noah > Bosh + Anthony. Are you kidding me?

This is getting out of hand. I'm not trying to be a Heat homer, but I think predictions like the ones SVG and JVG are making are much more realistic than predictions like the ones some of these fans on here are making, like the Heat not standing a chance against Orlando, Boston, and LA.

Anyone agree?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: The difference in big men between LA & MIA isn't as astronomical as people think

I expected to come in here and read someone explaining how the Lakers are actually as good as orbetter than the heat.

Ive not heard much saying either of them is a mile beyond the other. I think if the Lakers beat them in the finals people will suddenly act like it was a huge upset though for the sake of hating.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The difference in big men between LA & MIA isn't as astronomical as people think

Yep. The Lakers front-court is wildly overrated especially Bynum and Odom. I'm sure the Heat are sure shaking in their boots at the idea of Odom's monster 11/10 averages, or Bynum's dominant 9/7.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Size\length is a pretty big advantage upfront. Lakers with Pau\Bynum\Odom have that advantage upfront. If Bynum is 100% healthy? I'd say the Lakers have a pretty big advantage in the frontcourt. Bynum can never stay healthy tho. If I was the Lakers I'd try to beat the Heat just dumping the ball inside. Guys like Bosh\Big Z are terrible defenders. Gasol\Bynum have a pretty big size advantage on Haslem. That leaves them Joel Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I expected to come in here and read someone explaining how the Lakers are actually as good as orbetter than the heat.

Ive not heard much saying either of them is a mile beyond the other. I think if the Lakers beat them in the finals people will suddenly act like it was a huge upset though for the sake of hating.
    Most threads involving the Heat vs Lakers, there are a few Lakers fans that say the Lakers front-court is way too strong and they aren't afraid of the Heat at all because of it.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Yep. The Lakers front-court is wildly overrated especially Bynum and Odom. I'm sure the Heat are sure shaking in their boots at the idea of Odom's monster 11/10 averages, or Bynum's dominant 9/7.
    Exactly ...

NBA rookie of the year

Chris Bosh isn't really 6'11". Maybe 6'10". And it's mostly neck. If he had a regular human neck he'd be, like, 6'7", tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    In what ****ing universe does Andrew Bynum average 9 and 7? For his CAREER he's 10 and 7... and last season he was 15/8 on 57% shooting, half of that time spent hobbling around on a bum knee.

IF (big if here) he's healthy, he's going to be 15/11 on 60% shooting (remember his pre-injury numbers in 08?) at the very least. This is as the 3rd/4th option.

I'm not making a prediction here (becuase it's pointless), but you ****ing Heat fans who keep throwing out 9/7 are starting to irk me.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    In what ****ing universe does Andrew Bynum average 9 and 7? For his CAREER he's 10 and 7... and last season he was 15/8 on 57% shooting, half of that time spent hobbling around on a bum knee.

IF (big if here) he's healthy, he's going to be 15/11 on 60% shooting (remember his pre-injury numbers in 08?) at the very least. This is as the 3rd/4th option.

I'm not making a prediction here (becuase it's pointless), but you ****ing Heat fans who keep throwing out 9/7 are starting to irk me.
    He's a Laker fan, and 9/7 is what he averaged during last years Championship run.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    He's a Laker fan, and 9/7 is what he averaged during last years Championship run.
    He averaged similar almost non existent numbers during this year's Finals run as well. Lakers have won back to back CHIPS without him basically.

It's what he averaged in the playoffs basically, on one leg. Everybody knows a healthy Bynum can give you a good 17 and 10 on any night. Hell he averaged 20 and 10 when Pau was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    And that's relevant because...?

He was playing on one leg that needed surgery. He's not going to look like that player next year.

And that's relevant because...?

He was playing on one leg that needed surgery. He's not going to look like that player next year.
    I remember saying that after 07-08. Then I remember saying that after 08-09. Now it just seems like wishful thinking.

SGK_81
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Chris Bosh isn't really 6'11". Maybe 6'10". And it's mostly neck. If he had a regular human neck he'd be, like, 6'7", tops.

I will say this if Lebron and Wade are going nuts averaging 30+ a game in a series it won't matter how much better L.A are in the frontcourt but really the chances of L.A not being able to contain them at least some of the time is slim.