Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Wilt the Stilt vs Shaq Daddy: Who

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I seen Wilt in 88 but he had a jacket on so I can't really speak on that. Boykins is just a small guy. I seen him. He's no Nate Robinson who I saw frequently. Tall guys are supersized in volume. Simply more muscle. Limb length means there is more muscle as well and Boykins lacks that as well. Nat Thurmond, Bob Lanier (who Wilt picked and moved him like a tea cup), Gus Johnson (Wilt tore his arm out of his socket on a dunk), KC Jones (who was shaking because Wilt picked him up so easy) all had football builds and were amazed at Wilt's strength. Arnold Schwagnegger was in the gym 24 seven and he was. Its just that way sometimes.

You think muscle subsribes to a certain look and package. It isn't always that way. Lebron is massive but I'm willing to bet he's in the Boykins range. I can look at Kenyon Martain and tell you he's totally deceptive in strength. If he gives 50 pounds to Bogut in weight, I'll bet he can lift 50 pounds more. The best jumpers have little skinny legs a lot of the time.

the 300lb bench press has never been officially confirmed. Just like Wilt's bench, it's all based on hearsay. Again I'm not really knocking Wilt's strength, I saw him play, and I firmly believe that he was the strongest man to ever play the sport, even stronger than Shaq, but there is simply no way he's benching 500 pounds. I'd believe an 800 pound dead lift before I'd believe a 500 pound bench.

Looking at Wilt's body, his chest muscles are obviously his weakest muscle, and not that Wilt had a weak chest, but when compared to the rest of his upper body, it does stick out.

Regardless of natural strength, which will get you to about a 250 pound bench, to bench press 500 pounds, you need to be short and stocky with a huge chest, or tall but with short arms and an even bigger chest. Wilt is super tall with a comparatively small chest. To give some perspective, Wilt's chest would need to be more than twice as Boykins to put up the same bench press since his arms are so damn long.

this is a guy with a 500 pound benchhttp://celebrity-pics.movieeye.com/c...sta_326977.jpg, you honestly believe that Wilt's pectoral muscles are twice as strong as this guys?

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Wilt the Stilt vs Shaq Daddy: Who

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama
    the 300lb bench press has never been officially confirmed. Just like Wilt's bench, it's all based on hearsay. Again I'm not really knocking Wilt's strength, I saw him play, and I firmly believe that he was the strongest man to ever play the sport, even stronger than Shaq, but there is simply no way he's benching 500 pounds. I'd believe an 800 pound dead lift before I'd believe a 500 pound bench.

Looking at Wilt's body, his chest muscles are obviously his weakest muscle, and not that Wilt had a weak chest, but when compared to the rest of his upper body, it does stick out.

Regardless of natural strength, which will get you to about a 250 pound bench, to bench press 500 pounds, you need to be short and stocky with a huge chest, or tall but with short arms and an even bigger chest. Wilt is super tall with a comparatively small chest. To give some perspective, Wilt's chest would need to be more than twice as Boykins to put up the same bench press since his arms are so damn long.

this is a guy with a 500 pound benchhttp://celebrity-pics.movieeye.com/c...sta_326977.jpg, you honestly believe that Wilt's pectoral muscles are twice as strong as this guys?
    You are looking for this refined massive look. Ox strong doesn't subscribe to that look. If Arnold is sterioding it up with other massive steroid users who are drugging themselves to attain this goal, why would Wilt impress him???