Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Nate Robinson wants to be a Celtic..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Haha just me being hopeful; Shane Battier would be the perfect "final piece" in exchange for the salary expirer dumps. But its doesn't necessarily have to be him, just someone of that type.
    Don't you think you guys have enough good/great perimeter defends in TA, Daniels, Pierce and Allen? Sure Battier might give Pierce/Allen a little bit of a break but with all the new pieces in there how would you fit in his minutes? I wouldn't be surprised at the Knicks giving away Robinson to the Celtics again just like they gave Starbury away last year(waivers).

Quote Originally Posted by rfm767
    who cares about the celtics?
    why you wet?

Don't you think you guys have enough good/great perimeter defends in TA, Daniels, Pierce and Allen?
    The thing is, none of these guys is truly an elite defender; TAllen may be the best aside perhaps from Pierce (and TAllen would be the one to go as an expirer). The Celtics have difficulty guarding teams that are strong on the perimiter like the Hawks and Magic, teams with tall wing scorers; that's their most glaring weakness. Battier would help alleviate that, and also guard LeBron, and Kobe if/when it came to that.

Why would the Rockets consider it? $6 million in expiring contracts. Lets be realistic, the Rockets are not legit contenders. Might as well clear salary in anticipation of the geratest free agent class of all time, and take a stab...

TAllen/Scalabrine/Giddens for Battier. I hope Danny is listening....

no idea why the celts would do this...

they already have good bench scorers and don't need the distraction

Knicks know they actually need somebody on their roster next year besides whoever they are hoarding cap for. They can say they don't want to take back salary but I bet they would take a pg prospect on rookie salary that fits in nates byc or as part of a larger deal to move someone they don't intend to resign.

The thing is, none of these guys is truly an elite defender; TAllen may be the best aside perhaps from Pierce (and TAllen would be the one to go as an expirer). The Celtics have difficulty guarding teams that are strong on the perimiter like the Hawks and Magic, teams with tall wing scorers; that's their most glaring weakness. Battier would help alleviate that, and also guard LeBron, and Kobe if/when it came to that.
    Very True.

We badly need a legit lockdown defender who have a decent outside shooting ala James Posey. Daniels is good but I can't see him guarding the likes of Bryant and LeBron comes playoffs.

Why would the Rockets consider it? $6 million in expiring contracts. Lets be realistic, the Rockets are not legit contenders. Might as well clear salary in anticipation of the geratest free agent class of all time, and take a stab...

TAllen/Scalabrine/Giddens for Battier. I hope Danny is listening....
    Yea, but who is Boston's backup PG? I was just saying Boston is pretty full in the SG/SF position with Pierce, TA, ray ray and Daniels. I would say Boston's strength is their ability to throw multiple defenders at teams. It was one defender who held bryant in check it was every SF on their team. It's not like Posey is a lockdown defender, he was just their best defender at the time. Boston would close with the best defensive lineup in the league in Posey, Allen, Pierce, Garnett and Perkins. There was no someone was going to take it in the paint through that. Without a deep bench that wouldn't be possible, especially considering how many minutes the big three have put up. I say with a good backup PG, Rondo/backup would expose any PG matchup in the league. Especially out of Atlanta/Cleveland/Orlando/LA

Half the league wants to be a Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    Yea, but who is Boston's backup PG?
    House and even Daniels & Ray can play the 1. I don't think there's any problem on our PG position. Defense on 2 & 3 is what I'm worried about.

Of course, it makes absolutely no sense for Nate to be a Celtic because he wouldn't even play, would he?

My guess is still Nate remains a Knicks for rest of season. I think Coach D will eventually start getting him minutes again, even as stubborn as MDA is.

i hope celtics would not accept robinson to the team

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

So long as the Cs have House it'd be pointless. A deal would only make sense if the Knicks were just giving him away. And not for Bill Walker either, he still may have a future role on the team.

3-Point Champion

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    Don't you think you guys have enough good/great perimeter defends in TA, Daniels, Pierce and Allen? Sure Battier might give Pierce/Allen a little bit of a break but with all the new pieces in there how would you fit in his minutes? I wouldn't be surprised at the Knicks giving away Robinson to the Celtics again just like they gave Starbury away last year(waivers).
    Wait, wait, wait, wait.... did this guy just call Ray Allen a good/ great perimeter defender?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Half the league wants to be a Celtic.
    BINGO