Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mortal Kombat 2011 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    That's the kind of innovation I was looking for. to the team making this game. It looks like it could be the type of game that could bring back fighting games properly and encourage others in the genre to step it up. This needs to have come out yesterday, been waiting for this game for a long time.

I'm getting all the way up to 300...needless to say. Good find on that, Bruj. Bummer that the fatality was a fake, still cool.

Are you gonna pre order it Undisputed?If so from where and are you getting a special version or regular?

Are you gonna pre order it Undisputed?If so from where and are you getting a special version or regular?
    I already have the Kollectors Edition pre-ordered at Gamestop. I put my pre-order in the day after the special editions were announced. Thought about getting the Tournament Edition, but I'm better playing with a controller and the Arcade Stick would just become a decoration.

I really wanted to pre-order the one from Amazon since it comes with an exclusive costume and fatality for Reptile(Gamestop has Scorpion exclusives), but I want my game at mid-night instead of waiting for it to ship.

Where you getting yours from, Bruj?

From amazon.I dont think the gamestop here is open at midnight and if it is its a long walk.Also getting the collectors edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wL0vL-MZapc

Ed boon talks.

Says he will reveal more as the weeks count down and that there will be TONS of things that they WONT announce because they want people to be really surprised about it.Talks about some minor things you may or may not have known so far.

Iam kinda hoping there is a team fatality.For example 2 v 2, maybe you have a team of cyrax and sektor together they can do a team fatality type of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wL0vL-MZapc

Ed boon talks.

Says he will reveal more as the weeks count down and that there will be TONS of things that they WONT announce because they want people to be really surprised about it.Talks about some minor things you may or may not have known so far.

Iam kinda hoping there is a team fatality.For example 2 v 2, maybe you have a team of cyrax and sektor together they can do a team fatality type of thing.
    You're quickly becoming my favorite MK news source. There's some nice gameplay footage in that. I love what I see from Ermac, Kano, and Jax, looks like they'll be relevant characters again. Very curious as to what's unlocked when beating Challenge Tower.

I was thinking about going to that truck tour when they hit Chicago, but they come three days before the release. With the demo being out long before that and the release so close, I have no interest in going. Besides, I'd probably be working during those hours anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whh7a...layer_embedded

God with every trailer that comes out i keep thinking how awsome this game is.Liu kang

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    You're quickly becoming my favorite MK news source. There's some nice gameplay footage in that. I love what I see from Ermac, Kano, and Jax, looks like they'll be relevant characters again. Very curious as to what's unlocked when beating Challenge Tower.

I was thinking about going to that truck tour when they hit Chicago, but they come three days before the release. With the demo being out long before that and the release so close, I have no interest in going. Besides, I'd probably be working during those hours anyway.
    Theres something i have found out that i wish i didnt.They are small spoilers and maybe obvious but still i wish i didnt know.

Judgeing by the trailers ermac looks to be a beast.

When I heard the achievement list got revealed, I didn't read any of them to avoid spoilers.

That new trailer is nice. Some brief unseen fatalities in there. Heard about the demo on PSN Plus? MK is doing everything exclusive for the PS3, it's annoying. I have access to a PS3, but who the hell has PSN Plus? I know my cousin doesn't. Shouldn't be too long before it's on regular PSN and X-Box LIVE hopefully.

EDIT: According to the official MK twitter, the demo will be out on regular PSN next week. No word on the 360, but I'm assuming some time after the regular PSN demo is released.

http://twitter.com/mk_mortalkombat
    Next week RT @Yousef_336: @MK_MortalKombat Im Not A PS Plus Member ...When Does it Realese For PSN Members ...NOT PLUS MEMBERS
    Last edited by Undisputed; 03-09-2011 at 06:25 PM.

New Zealand, Australia's neighbor has rated MK and will allow it to be sold. It's a lot easier for Aussie's to get the game now. Saw this listing on the site where I read the news, this place supposedly ships to Australia for about the equivalent of $4 American. Just a heads up for any Aussie's on ISH that may be interested in the game.

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/search/?i...hButton=Search

I'm going to have learn Raiden. Out of all the characters on MK, people who play well as Raiden have always given me trouble. That teleport and charge is always a b!tch.

I'm surprised it's just me and you in this thread. No MK love on ISH? This game looks too damn good to be ignored. Hopefully the game does well in sales, I want to see more games and movies from them. Then again, MK will almost certainly do well because of it's huge cult following.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I'm going to have learn Raiden. Out of all the characters on MK, people who play well as Raiden have always given me trouble. That teleport and charge is always a b!tch.

I'm surprised it's just me and you in this thread. No MK love on ISH? This game looks too damn good to be ignored. Hopefully the game does well in sales, I want to see more games and movies from them. Then again, MK will almost certainly do well because of it's huge cult following.
    Game came out of nowhere. I didn't know MK was coming until an article a few weeks ago. Fighting games are coming back, i have my SF, MV vs. CP sold well (even though im not a fan). Give me a real KOF (and we have MK) and i'll be all set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFRdY...layer_embedded

Not a big deal but thats the Shao Kahn coliseum trailer.