Default Re: NBA 2K12 to Feature "Greatest Challenge"

is it just one challenge per player?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    4th quarter showdown
    2011 NBA Finals

Your challenge:
    - Average 3 points or less in the 4th quarter during the series
    - Shoot at least 0-7 when the score is within five points in the last five minutes of the game during the series
    - Lose the series
    lol

It's going to be hard to duplicate that level of choking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    4th quarter showdown
    2011 NBA Finals

Your challenge:
    - Average 3 points or less in the 4th quarter during the series
    - Shoot at least 0-7 when the score is within five points in the last five minutes of the game during the series
    - Lose the series

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    I agree. They should make a Lebron challenge.

Spurs- Get swept in the series while airballing a free throw

Celtics- Must quit midway through the series. Score 15 points in Game 5 while not recording a FG until the 3rd qrtr.

Mavs- Record the largest PPG dropoff in finals history. Must not average over 2 PPG in the 4th period.

Would be fun to play as a fan

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Did they fix the fake players on the classic teams? I know it cant be that hard for the 2K people to create the real bench players and add them onto the rosters.

It literally annoyed me to the point I stopped playing the Jordan Challenge due to the fact that my bench players were full of generic fake players.
    Like Rose mentioned, it wasn't a matter of 2K just not feeling like adding the bench players. Each classic player must be negotiated with individually. There are some former players out there who just don't want to be a part of something like this. There are other players out there, maybe a Dickey Simpkins for example, who may demand ten times more money than 2K could afford for his likeness. Are you going to break your bank for Dickey, or just roll with a editable roster position?

That leads to my next point. For those on both the PS3 and XBox360, full "Jordan Challenge" rosters were available for download on 2KShare. I can only speak for the 360, but the cyber versions of the likes of Dickey Simpkins and Greg Anthony were more than adequate enough to bridge the gap between what I felt to be an accurate representation of classic teams and an ability to imagine the rosters as full and real. Would a real Simpkins be neat? Yes. Did having a created Simpkins beat the heck out of have three different "William Jones's" check in at the first break in action? Oh yeah.

2K12 won't be any different. I don't see how 2K could possibly secure the rights to every player from every classic team. Hopefully, we'll just be able to download completed rosters off of 2K Share just like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Like Rose mentioned, it wasn't a matter of 2K just not feeling like adding the bench players. Each classic player must be negotiated with individually. There are some former players out there who just don't want to be a part of something like this. There are other players out there, maybe a Dickey Simpkins for example, who may demand ten times more money than 2K could afford for his likeness. Are you going to break your bank for Dickey, or just roll with a editable roster position?

That leads to my next point. For those on both the PS3 and XBox360, full "Jordan Challenge" rosters were available for download on 2KShare. I can only speak for the 360, but the cyber versions of the likes of Dickey Simpkins and Greg Anthony were more than adequate enough to bridge the gap between what I felt to be an accurate representation of classic teams and an ability to imagine the rosters as full and real. Would a real Simpkins be neat? Yes. Did having a created Simpkins beat the heck out of have three different "William Jones's" check in at the first break in action? Oh yeah.

2K12 won't be any different. I don't see how 2K could possibly secure the rights to every player from every classic team. Hopefully, we'll just be able to download completed rosters off of 2K Share just like last year.
    You cant play with those "real" rosters in the Jordan Challenge.

In the Jordan Challenge you still have to play with the fake players.

Hopefully if they dont get the real guys in there, we can at least use the edited rosters from 2KShare in the Greatest Challenge.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    You cant play with those "real" rosters in the Jordan Challenge.

In the Jordan Challenge you still have to play with the fake players.

Hopefully if they dont get the real guys in there, we can at least use the edited rosters from 2KShare in the Greatest Challenge.
    Ah, yes, I understand your plight. I know it's probably too late to mention this, but users actually could use edited rosters for the Jordan Challenge. I went through the same "Shoot! I just edited in John Salley and now I can't play!" process. However, in 2K11, the only thing that had to stay generally the same in the Jordan Challenge was the starter's minutes for each respective challenge team. I can't remember if they had to be exactly default, but they had to be close.

So, what it came down to was, I could theoretically create and assign my John Salley to the '90 Pistons, but I couldn't put him in place of Bill Laimbeer while lowering Bill's minutes to 0. I know it's not a perfect solution if someone was planning on playing Jason Caffey for 48 minutes instead of Dennis Rodman, but it was definitely possible and functional to fill the entire rosters for the Jordan Challenge. In fact, I didn't participate in the Challenges until I had each team accurately filled out.

I just want My Player / Crew to be enhanced a lot otherwise I'm not buying.

they should have game 2 of the Mavs/Heat Finals from this year.

Coming back from 15 down with 7 minutes left (or whatever the equivalent of short 2k quarters is) would be a good challenge.

They could even do an animation of LeBron fake boxing with Wade while Terry yells at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Sooo...does this mean we get better gameplay?

I hope they aren't just trying to sell this game off of the legends and make it NBA 2k11.5
    This.

But then again, I was thinking the same thing last year, and the gameplay was vastly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    I just want My Player / Crew to be enhanced a lot otherwise I'm not buying.
    Crew is completely broken. I've never completed a team-up/crew game in 2K11.

I'd say Kobe 81 and Lebron might have score 50 against Magic or 49 against Detroit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    There should be a "KD at the Rucker" achievement if you score 66 with a single player.

black-and-white in the 1960s." Additional touches, such as wipes, graphics and replays, will feel authentic to the times.
    we could see some russell vs. chamberlain
    i'm excited

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    we could see some russell vs. chamberlain
    i'm excited
    Yup can't wait to see poor man's joel anthony in a classic bout against poor man's javale mcgee

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Yup can't wait to see poor man's joel anthony in a classic bout against poor man's javale mcgee
    i think their ratings will be something around 40-45