Default Re: LMA to the Bulls?

He's going to the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Why would he want to play with Kobe?

NBA rookie of the year

That would ruin 2/7. We need Lebron in Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Why would he want to play with Kobe?
    Who wouldn't?

After all those years of Noah>Aldridge posts and how there is no way and hell they'd trade Noah for LMA straight up

College superstar

As a Bulls fan, please no. I want no part of him at the price he'll command.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    As a Bulls fan, please no. I want no part of him at the price he'll command.
    you really are bad at gm decisions. If the bulls get lma, guaranteed finals.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Ncrazyballa
    you really are bad at gm decisions. If the bulls get lma, guaranteed finals.
    Really? We'd be losing our best and second best interior defenders, as well as our best and second best rebounders.

We'd replace that with a 30yo on a max deal (so he'd be up around 20+m for 4 years) that doesn't defend particularly well, and is barely an above-average rebounder. He also doesn't like to score in the post.

If we keep Noah and trade Pau, Gibson, Snell, and future picks for LMA? That's a finals team. But to trade away our two best defenders and rebounders, and replace them with someone that underwhelms in both? No thanks.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    NO ONE WANT TO PLAY WITH KOBE

I usually hit open layups

Really? We'd be losing our best and second best interior defenders, as well as our best and second best rebounders.

We'd replace that with a 30yo on a max deal (so he'd be up around 20+m for 4 years) that doesn't defend particularly well, and is barely an above-average rebounder. He also doesn't like to score in the post.

If we keep Noah and trade Pau, Gibson, Snell, and future picks for LMA? That's a finals team. But to trade away our two best defenders and rebounders, and replace them with someone that underwhelms in both? No thanks.
    how did your defending and rebounding look against Tristan thompson in the playoffs this year? . Just face the facts. Noah and Taj are mediocre players. You would be lucky to trade both to sign LMA.

btw, LMA averaged 23.4 points 10.2 rb this season. joakim noah averaged 7.2 points and 9.6 rebs. LOL youre a joke.
    Last edited by Ncrazyballa; 07-03-2015 at 10:35 AM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Ncrazyballa
    how did your defending and rebounding look against Tristan thompson in the playoffs this year? . Just face the facts. Noah and Taj are mediocre players. You would be lucky to trade both to sign LMA.
    It would look a lot worse without them

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...you had me nodding my head with LMA as Boozer 2.0 thing. I have seen nothing from him that makes me believe he is enough to get the Bulls past Lebron.

What I can't understand is how giving away those three players for that one guy will get us to the promised land. If you had said that about someone younger with the skill-set like D Cousins then I could agree. Yes, I know that Cousins is a headcase which is why I put the part in bold. The Bulls need someone with those abilities. Honestly, even a 34 year old Gasol can contribute more by getting in the paint and schooling dudes while making great passes in "our new offense."

I wouldn't piss and moan if the Bulls had the option to sign LMA and that would be all. I wouldn't trade for him however unless it was part of a package deal that included someone from the Blazers like Wesley Mathews. (the healthy version. ) That is the only way I could see that trade making the Bulls better.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...you had me nodding my head with LMA as Boozer 2.0 thing. I have seen nothing from him that makes me believe he is enough to get the Bulls past Lebron.

What I can't understand is how giving away those three players for that one guy will get us to the promised land. If you had said that about someone younger with the skill-set like D Cousins then I could agree. Yes, I know that Cousins is a headcase which is why I put the part in bold. The Bulls need someone with those abilities. Honestly, even a 34 year old Gasol can contribute more by getting in the paint and schooling dudes while making great passes in "our new offense."

I wouldn't piss and moan if the Bulls had the option to sign LMA and that would be all. I wouldn't trade for him unless it was part of a package deal that included someone from the Blazers like Wesley Mathews. (the healthy version. ) That is the only way I could see that trade making the Bulls better.
    LMA's skillset is pretty sorely needed on our team. Just not at the expense of D. In my proposed trade, I was shipping out an old Gasol (seriously.. we NEED to sell high on his shares), Gibson who's nice but has already been eclipsed by Mirotic in all ways but D, and Snell who never plays, plus some picks in the twenty-something range which lack value because they're guaranteed contracts for non-guaranteed good players.

We'd still have LMA, Noah, Mirotic, Portis as our bigs. That's good enough to make it to the Finals.