Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Better Playmaking Skills: LeBron vs Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Pip better passer than MJ?

More wiling sure.

His primary role was to set up the offense. He couldn't create like MJ did, he didn't have MJ's court vision and timing.

A better comparison would be Odom and Pip.

Hell, to be honest I don't even know if I'd take Pip as the second best passer on the Bulls team. Kukoc had better instincts, timing and vision, so perhaps Odom and Kukoc comparison would be more suitable.

Bron>>>>> Pip

Bron better vision, timing, and could most def create better.

Some will interpret this as hating Pip or underrating him, but just putting shit in perspective.

Pip was a great all around player. But was usually 2nd tier when compared to other greats.

And no shit Pip was a better player then Kukoc. But Kukoc was special in his passing abilities, a unique 6'10 passer a la Magic. But Pip was basically superior in every other aspect and as a player all around in general.

Go ahead... let it begin.
    eh, i dont agree with your jordan centric views, but you are right - lebron has better vision, in part because of his athleticism. he plays the game at an incredibly fast pace - but to him, everything is in slow motion. he makes the game look THAT easy.

here's a great clip on pippen leading the bulls to the 92 title:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irXI5xtGXag

bulls are struggling, so phil decides to put jordan on the bench while pippen leads the bulls on a furious comeback, putting the game away and securing another title

leadership. poise. grit. pippen was a fine captain

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    call me retarded.
    You're retarded. De nada.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    eh, i dont agree with your jordan centric views, but you are right - lebron has better vision, in part because of his athleticism. he plays the game at an incredibly fast pace - but to him, everything is in slow motion. he makes the game look THAT easy.

here's a great clip on pippen leading the bulls to the 92 title:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irXI5xtGXag

bulls are struggling, so phil decides to put jordan on the bench while pippen leads the bulls on a furious comeback, putting the game away and securing another title

leadership. poise. grit. pippen was a fine captain
    Dat poise, grit, leadership

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NSp...&channel=pnsin

What a fine captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You're retarded. De nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Pippen was more intelligent, fluid, technical and skilled
    Lebron was more powerful and explosive

I dunno about THAT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooEELfpn2C8

Pippen has fluidity over Bron, maybe, and that's about it. LeBron just a higher caliber player than Pippen.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 10-18-2014 at 01:37 AM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Pippen.
    98% of Lebron pass were bail out pass.
    also

Pippen>Lebron as a defender by a light years.
    Pippen>Lebron in rebound. See their offensive rebound. Most of lebrons rebound were products of him stat padding defensive rebound.
    Pippen>Lebron as a leader. Remember Pippen was also a leader on their 2nd 3peat.

Pippen>Lebron bad ass dunk. Lebron afraid of contact to dunk, pippen own his ass in this category.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by c5terror
    Pippen.
    98% of Lebron pass were bail out pass.
    also

Pippen>Lebron as a defender by a light years.
    Pippen>Lebron in rebound. See their offensive rebound. Most of lebrons rebound were products of him stat padding defensive rebound.
    Pippen>Lebron as a leader. Remember Pippen was also a leader on their 2nd 3peat.

Pippen>Lebron bad ass dunk. Lebron afraid of contact to dunk, pippen own his ass in this category.
    I don't think you've watched Pippen if you are serious about this

Agendas agendas.

Ok I'll play along. Pippen >>>>>>>> Bran. It's not even close.

Bran is the most overrated star in NBA history and if that's not bad enough his stans are all retards.

Between these players there is only two departments you can more reasonably debate about and that is defense & rebounding.... i always liked Pippen's game and Lebron is of that breed, but really, unfortunately, he is better, much better when it comes to especially offense (scoring, shooting, passing, etc. etc.), simply just offense in any of its facets is not something Pippen has a strong case for being identical at unfortunately... and especially not better at.... The only one(s) who would say otherwise would be Lebron cynics (like some posters above me for example)....
    Last edited by pauk; 10-18-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Seems that the OP is ISH's official Pippen overrater in a mad desperate attempt to take some shine off of the GOAT. The way he describes Pippen, he should easily be a shoo in for top 10 GOAT but wait, as great as Pip was, does anyone actually have him seriously ranked that high? I'm a huge Pippen fan but I'd be hardpressed to place him top 20, let alone top 10. Also, I love how the retarded OP tries to pass Pippen off as the Bulls leader when anyone who watched those Bulls as many of us have as well as I did, know MJ was unquestionably the Bulls leader, Pippen has always acknowledged this fact.

One last thing, OP basically equates LeBron to a fringe top 20-25 player, so can we interpret this as saying LeBron is in that 2nd tier level as well? OP is by all accounts making the argument that Pippen and LeBron are nearly in the same level so how can we make an argument for LeBron being anywhere close to top 10 by OP's standards

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Between these players there is only two departments you can more reasonably debate about and that is defense & rebounding.... i always liked Pippen's game and Lebron is of that breed, but really, unfortunately, he is better, much better when it comes to especially offense (scoring, shooting, passing, etc. etc.), simply just offense in any of its facets is not something Pippen has a strong case for being identical at unfortunately... and especially not better at.... The only one(s) who would say otherwise would be Lebron cynics (like some posters above me for example)....
    Why are you here posting? Go finish that flop video. Until then STFU pauk!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Seems that the OP is ISH's official Pippen overrater in a mad desperate attempt to take some shine off of the GOAT. The way he describes Pippen, he should easily be a shoo in for top 10 GOAT but wait, as great as Pip was, does anyone actually have him seriously ranked that high? I'm a huge Pippen fan but I'd be hardpressed to place him top 20, let alone top 10. Also, I love how the retarded OP tries to pass Pippen off as the Bulls leader when anyone who watched those Bulls as many of us have as well as I did, know MJ was unquestionably the Bulls leader, Pippen has always acknowledged this fact.

One last thing, OP basically equates LeBron to a fringe top 20-25 player, so can we interpret this as saying LeBron is in that 2nd tier level as well? OP is by all accounts making the argument that Pippen and LeBron are nearly in the same level so how can we make an argument for LeBron being anywhere close to top 10 by OP's standards
    OP equates playmaker to team leader which Pippen isn't.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    2 question.

How can you debate for defense category if lebron is getting destroy by barea, marion,terry,nowitzki,duncan,mills,green,parker,bo nners and etc.

and what's worse is he admited it.

Lebron james to Bosh It's not allen's fault, it was me who got destroy and embarrassed by a midget bench patty mills.

How can you debate for Rebounding category if Lebron entire offensive rebound is far less than Michael Jordan offensive rebound in MJs first 9 years in the league and Pippen is twice the rebounder MJ is?
    Goes to show you that Lebron were just statpadding defensive rebound his entire career especially during garbage time.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan

relax. im just the messenger repeating verbatim what phil jackson and johnny bach have said in MULTIPLE books that were released AFTER the fact.

it comes down to this: do you take pippen's efficient passing and vision or lebron's superior athleticism and free style creativity?

this is a great comparison because we've seen pippen without phil's coaching - and he's had success unlike jordan (1-9 in the postseason without pippen/phil - hence his anointed leadership).

pippen basically led the blazers to the conference finals. making everyone around him better, instilling championship aspirations and pedigree.

of course - its not ALL about titles. that is only ONE part of the argument. lebron's talent and ability alone to take a bunch of 'scrubs' deep into the postseason should NOT be looked down upon - but rather celebrated. i mean, just think about it. lebron took a team to the finals that had MIKE BROWN coaching and MO WILLIAMS starting (in fact, he was their second best player). this feat is nothing short of amazing - and to some degree - more impressive than any of the lebron-led title runs in southbeach.

you ask, "but mehyaM, how do i measure passing?" its pretty simple actually:

less turnovers + efficient passing + skills (getting a pass off from a semingly closed off angle) + assist/turnover ratio + assists per game + how their passing make the players around them better

i look at EVERYTHING - i expect no less from you and other posters.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Pippen was the 4th maybe 5th best player on that Portland team. Smith, Wallace, and Sabonis were all clearly better. Pippen was fighting with the great Damon Stoudemire for the 4th and 5th position on that team.

They were also in the WCF the year before Pippen joined them. He didn't carry them anywhere.