Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: wade with a revealing quote about the changing mentality of NBA players

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    shaq is a slave and kobe is royalty? the fcuk is wrong with your f*gg*t ass
    Kobe 5
    Shaq 4

Kobe without Shaq 2
    Shaq without Kobe 1

2000-2002, the best series was the wcf. The finals was just a formality. Shaq can have his mvps against Ric Skits and Todd Mac.

Default Re: wade with a revealing quote about the changing mentality of NBA players

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Making it even more impressive. Think about how competitive the NBA would be if you got rid of the Bobcats and Hornets of the world and the league was only made up of the top 8 teams right now.
    Having to win 11 playoff games opposed to 16 to win a championship is more impressive? Not to mention those Celtics were head and shoulders above the rest of the league for most of those years. I'd love to see a HoF player count comparison between the teams they played in the playoffs when they won their championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I understand that reasoning but what if the players back then just weren't as athletic and good as the players today? Like yeah you'd have all the best players but maybe those best players aren't as good as the best players from say 2003 or 1993?
    Read my post from above:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=144

And no, during the 70's (which was Hondo's best years until he dropped off) the league started to gain much more parity.

I get what your saying about athletic ability, but for the case, Hondo would probably be as athletically comparable to any player in any era (got drafted by the NFL too).

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Ok when I take this thread in context with your other posts it looks like you are saying that kobe is better than lbj and wade because he would shoot a full-court heave and they wouldnt, am I correct?
    no and I don't really care about that. I just thought it was interesting that the way media and fans analyze the game can have impact on how players approach the game.

not shooting the full court heave is an instance of this new mentality I suppose but that's really minor and second order importance.

Banned

Got all these Kobe stans mad, using their own 'logic' against them.

I was just pointing out the fallacy in the '5 rangz' bullshit. Kobe was the best player on his team for 40% of his championships, he has 2 finals MVPs (and 2010 was questionable IMO). But fans of Bean never take into account that rings are weighted, they're not all worth the same when it comes to player rankings. If Lebron leads his team to another championship, he'd match Kobe in that department.

I brought up Hondo because he has top 10-20 credentials and 8 championships, 3 more than Kobe. But that's not considering Bill Russell's role. It's the same fallacious arguments you dunces use.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    None of Hondo's rings came when the league had 8 teams.

In order of how many teams in the following years:

63-66 - 9 (4 rings)
    68 - 12
    69 - 14
    74 - 17
    76 -18
    F*** you and yo factz.

F*** you and yo factz.
    I'm sorry, man.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    no and I don't really care about that. I just thought it was interesting that the way media and fans analyze the game can have impact on how players approach the game.

not shooting the full court heave is an instance of this new mentality I suppose but that's really minor and second order importance.
    Name shaqs rings before Kobe since Kobe was basically insignificant in your eyes. Better yet, post all the finals wins before Kobe.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Difference between MJ & Kobe
    TS%: MJ +1.2
    eFG%: MJ +2.2
    PPS: MJ + 0.015

Kareem missed the Playoffs twice in his prime and lost in the first round multiple times. Guess he's a failure.
    Kareem has dominated countless NBA finals unlike Kobe who is a poor performer in NBA finals. Kareem has dominated regular season, playoffs and won playoff series by himself. He is a 5 time MVP and one of the best of all time.

Kobe has never won a playoff series by himself he had 3 chances....and he was in his prime.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    How many playoff series did Jordan win before Pippen came along?
    MJ was before his prime before Pippen and MJ has dominated like crazy and has had amazing playoff, finals performances unlike Kobe (see post above). He has led 6 teams to a ring with no dominant front court players. Kobe is nowhere close to guys like Kareem and MJ it's a shame what the media's BS hype has done.

True. I read the article and it was bob mcadoo the former star and one of the current heat assistant coaches who was the guy who put pressure on dwade to aim for 50% so I don't think it is the media specifically but the coaching staff and lockerroom culture they have that emphasizes efficiency.

Honestly the heat play basketball the right way. Unselfish, efficient, and prioritize defense. All of the stars made sacrifices just to play on a winning team and everyone accepts their role. When was the last time we heard someone complain about touches the same way pau and dwight seem to do every other week.

Got all these Kobe stans mad, using their own 'logic' against them.

I was just pointing out the fallacy in the '5 rangz' bullshit. Kobe was the best player on his team for 40% of his championships, he has 2 finals MVPs (and 2010 was questionable IMO). But fans of Bean never take into account that rings are weighted, they're not all worth the same when it comes to player rankings. If Lebron leads his team to another championship, he'd match Kobe in that department.

I brought up Hondo because he has top 10-20 credentials and 8 championships, 3 more than Kobe. But that's not considering Bill Russell's role. It's the same fallacious arguments you dunces use.
    aaaah sheeit n*gga its dem 5 rangz!!!!!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Read my post from above:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=144

And no, during the 70's (which was Hondo's best years until he dropped off) the league started to gain much more parity.

I get what your saying about athletic ability, but for the case, Hondo would probably be as athletically comparable to any player in any era (got drafted by the NFL too).
    I'm just playing Devil's advocate lol. But I wasn't referring to Hondo specifically. I was addressing the "The competition was stiffer when there were less teams." thing.

National High School Star

Players are consciously modifying their game to achieve these stats
    This is hardly some new phenomenon. You're acting like players haven't deliberately set out to achieve some statistical goal before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I'm just playing Devil's advocate lol. But I wasn't referring to Hondo specifically. I was addressing the "The competition was stiffer when there were less teams." thing.
    Oh okay.

I'm playing Devil's advocate here too. I actually don't think the Hondo comparison is that valid but I can see why people think they are similar in terms of career.