Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default So they say "3 point shooting can't win you a championship"

While aspects of this may be true, I think we can all agree that a team with NO 3 PT shooting is pretty much worthless in this league. You might make a playoff run, but not a deep one. You don't need to have a stretch 4, but if you're not surrounding your solid frontcourt with some 3 and D players, you're not getting anywhere.

Recent champions:
    2014 Spurs: #1 in 3P% .397
    2013 Heat: #2 .396
    2012 Heat: #9 .359
    2011 Mavs: #11 .365

The grizzlies are bottom of the barrel in 3 points made and very low on 3 point efficiency. The worst champions in recent memory were the Lakers but even they shot 36% and 34% one year, which is better than what Memphis puts up.

I think Memphis was a much better team last year with Mike Miller draining 3s... As I type this, Curry is currently raining a parade of 3's on Memphis

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: So they say "3 point shooting can't win you a championship"

I don't understand why we're still debating this.

Like you already said. The last few teams were shooting teams. This Warriors team isn't the Suns of old. They work the ball inside, create mismatches, and get open looks.

The Spurs last year had a lot of this stuff going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I don't understand why we're still debating this.

Like you already said. The last few teams were shooting teams. This Warriors team isn't the Suns of old. They work the ball inside, create mismatches, and get open looks.

The Spurs last year had a lot of this stuff going on.
    It's mostly Barkley... you know... the dude who thought Portland were legit contenders

This Warriors team is the best defensive team in the league, the deepest team in the league and has great size at every position. It's far more than just shooting threes.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    This Warriors team is the best defensive team in the league, the deepest team in the league and has great size at every position. It's far more than just shooting threes.
    Agreed, but honestly, I made this thread more to criticize Memphis for not having any 3 point shooting at all .

Let's be real the 2013/2014 Spurs shot crazy threes attempts and percentages in the playoffs. The 2013/2014 Heat did as well. The 2011 Mavericks started the trend and that invited the 2012 Heat to make sure that they had 3 point sniping. Which was a huge factor in beating the 2012 Thunder who didnt take into account it's power.

It's a 3 point shooting league now. The Warriors possibly the best of all time at it.

Warriors defense is much better than their O. Boguts their MVP, then elite top tier defenders in draymond and Iggy. Not to mention great defenders in klay (one if the best PG defenders), Livingston, barnes,ezeli all good-great defenders

It's mostly Charles Barkley who says this, and he's out of touch with today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Warriors defense is much better than their O. Boguts their MVP, then elite top tier defenders in draymond and Iggy. Not to mention great defenders in klay (one if the best PG defenders), Livingston, barnes,ezeli all good-great defenders
    I've been saying it all year. Everything they do revolves around their defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I've been saying it all year. Everything they do revolves around their defense.
    Yup. As versatile as Draymond is he doesnt have the impact of Bogut on D. Anytime Bogut wasnt there ZBo and Marc would be gobbling up boards. Bogut is the best rim protector in the NBA, arguably post defender, he can guard guards on switches, he has the hands of a cat can steal, he draws charges which most bigs dont do. He might not have the highest RPG but his boxout and positioning makes the warriors team rebounding elite. GS was giving up their lead when he got in foul trouble and they blew it back open w/ him in. He could have 6 pts 5 boards and be the most impactful player on the league hes a top 3 center this year with Cousins and Marc. 2nd best defender in the game behind Tony Allen and the best big defender since KG/Duncan/Big Ben. He wasnt healthy for GS last 2 playoffs and they didnt at all look like contenders

Knicks won't go anywhere as long as Phil Jackson is stuck in the out-dated " Triangle Offense'

Knick fans know that also deep down

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Well all remaining team rely heavily on the 3 so that statement has clearly been outdated

Warriors have the best D, amazing ball movement and alot of shooters.

not your average shooting team

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Knicks won't go anywhere as long as Phil Jackson is stuck in the out-dated " Triangle Offense'

Knick fans know that also deep down
    Ha I remember Phil tweeting this:

NBA analysts give me some diagnostics on how 3pt oriented teams are faring this playoffs...seriously, how's it goink?
    I'd say it's goink pretty good Phil.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Yeah but tbh if they werent prodigious with three point shooting I dont think theyd be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the west.

I know their regular season metrics say they do other things well but when I watch them play I feel like the only thing that's really separating them from other good teams is their generational three point shooting. If they were even an average three pt shooting team I dont think they could beat teams like the Spurs, Grizzlies, Clippers, Cavs etc. in a series.