Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore UwishUhadWall's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq was supposed to be with Biggie Smalls the night he was killed

Great story. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by az00m
    He was one of the greatest rappers of all time 2nd to none other than Tupac... If you don't know who biggie and tupac are then you're under the age of 16.

The other post is wrong.
    In your opion. In.my opinion they're both top 10, possbily top 5, arguably top 2. It depends on what your judging as well. Biggie's flow was clearly surperior, but Tupac's lyrics and emotion were stronger.

Personally I have grown rather tired of the deification of Tupac. Great rapper/musician/poet. Extremelly intelligent man. Great intellect. And he kept it real (to a fault and an extent). Don't get it twisted though, he was out to make money. And more power to him. God bless America. But these kids (from the suburbs who just discovered hip hop) act like he was an angel sent from above to lead the world into the next millenium.

I saw some interview with him on youtube not too long ago. He's preaching about the poor, how the rich shit on them, how we should all live as one, the rich should make more sacrafices, etc. Meanwhile he's literally got six gold ropes drapped around his neck almost pulling his head off his shoulders.

And I swear to God, I'm smacking the next person who talks to me about Tupac like he just discovered some long lost secret that nobody else knows about. Dude died (RIP) 15 years ago. Welcome to the party but trust me, you're not the first one here.

Anyway, my list depends on how I feel on any given day. Right now I have Nas and KRS ONE as my top 2. Not sure which order.

Lastly, the other post wasn't wrong, it was a joke. And the Southside Crips killed Pac and Suge killed Biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by UwishUhadWall
    Great story. Thanks for posting.

In your opion. In.my opinion they're both top 10, possbily top 5, arguably top 2. It depends on what your judging as well. Biggie's flow was clearly surperior, but Tupac's lyrics and emotion were stronger.

Personally I have grown rather tired of the deification of Tupac. Great rapper/musician/poet. Extremelly intelligent man. Great intellect. And he kept it real (to a fault and an extent). Don't get it twisted though, he was out to make money. And more power to him. God bless America. But these kids (from the suburbs who just discovered hip hop) act like he was an angel sent from above to lead the world into the next millenium.

I saw some interview with him on youtube not too long ago. He's preaching about the poor, how the rich shit on them, how we should all live as one, the rich should make more sacrafices, etc. Meanwhile he's literally got six gold ropes drapped around his neck almost pulling his head off his shoulders.

And I swear to God, I'm smacking the next person who talks to me about Tupac like he just discovered some long lost secret that nobody else knows about. Dude died (RIP) 15 years ago. Welcome to the party but trust me, you're not the first one here.

Anyway, my list depends on how I feel on any given day. Right now I have Nas and KRS ONE as my top 2. Not sure which order.

Lastly, the other post wasn't wrong, it was a joke. And the Southside Crips killed Pac and Suge killed Biggie.
    I think he deserves a lot of that deification as you call it. Some people do act like the only songs he wrote were "changes" "dear mama" and "unconditional love," true.. but he DID write those songs, and that side of him has never been approached by another mainstream rapper before or since..

My beef with Biggie is like, yeah he's good, but he's one dimensional as hell. Party songs, club songs, "i'm a gangsta songs," it was all the same sh!t all day long. He stepped out of that topic range here and there, but not enough for me..

He was NASTY within that dimension. Can't dent him that. But Tupac had different sides and deeper thoughts.. while still doing the gangsta tough guy thing as well.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

In b4 "what if Shaq died 14 years ago?" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by az00m
    He was one of the greatest rappers of all time 2nd to none other than Tupac... If you don't know who biggie and tupac are then you're under the age of 16.

The other post is wrong.

I love the way biggie is put up on a pedestal. 2nd greatest rapper of all time......yeh right.

National High School Star

Since I was down with the Wu Tang sound from the start, the joint that Shaq did with the RZA and Method Man was always dope to me. Sick beat too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAg6as8YeM

Banned

Biggie is the best to ever do it. I'm sorry, his lyricism and flow have not been touched by any rapper since his demise. It's too bad the world only got a taste of his genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3aCIGBtUYc

Best Shaq song ever and it featured Biggie.
    Best Shaq song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYtYOWJCpU

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
    Fail

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

do you think maybe Shaq got biggie killed? like they were gunning for shaq thinkin he was wit biggie?

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    do you think maybe Shaq got biggie killed? like they were gunning for shaq thinkin he was wit biggie?
    I think you are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
    No, this is the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHiA-uGwauo
    (include http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrwBfIBI93E)

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Fail
    Best

Quik on the beat and the talkbox...sick

Song was weak. Best song was with Biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by nbacardDOTnet
    Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Biggie is the best to ever do it. I'm sorry, his lyricism and flow have not been touched by any rapper since his demise. It's too bad the world only got a taste of his genius.
    No he was not. He was good but not the best what so ever.
    Pac was not the best as well he is the best selling rap artist of all time though. And both get boosted because of their murders...I love both of them but the best? No.

Any how...I never heard this story till now. I did hear that Shaq saw Biggie in LA before he got shot and warned him about being there. I think Biggie wanted to make peace etc. but he clearly under estimated the situation after Pac passed. He should not have been any where near LA around that time. I kind of think it was arrogant of him to think he could go there...and look what happen.

Shaq had that "swagger" in the 90s, sure he got extra hype for being Shaq afterall, but some of his stuff were not that ridicilously bad actually if you grew up in the hip hop 90s culture and fashion you would understand. Heck to be honest he is rapping better than many of these whack rappers today.

But Kobe, he should have probably stayed away.