Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: The Heat, now with the #2 seed, really do have the easiest path to the finals ever.

every single person mad about miami 'colluding' would be fkn thrilled if they 'colluded' to go to their team .. deal with it fggts .. miami was just the lucky one

Default Re: The Heat, now with the #2 seed, really do have the easiest path to the finals ever.

TMT, the butthurt Spurs "fan", getting murked as usual.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    every single person mad about miami 'colluding' would be fkn thrilled if they 'colluded' to go to their team .. deal with it fggts .. miami was just the lucky one
    Don't you love the hilarity of it all? Salty bitches everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I actually made an error in my previous post. If Memphis beats Dallas, that means the Spurs would play the 49 win Mavs in the first round. That's still no cakewalk. Mavs offense is elite in every facet. I still think the Spurs win in 6, but if Dirk and company get insanely hot (which is a very real possibility), then the Spurs will find themselves in some serious trouble.

The west was always great, but I can't remember the last time it was this stacked.
    So essentially, the Heat and the Spurs would both play two 50 win teams on the way to the finals if both get there... And you're making a huge uproar over this?

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Who the hell said they would get swept in the first round in the West?

It's about the wear and tear that the entirety of a playoff run puts on a team.
    Wear and tear? Oh, you mean like playing the two most physical defenses in the league like Chicago and the Pacers? Yeah, we did that last year.

Numba 1 seed in the east has an easier path

below .500 Atl who've been actually pretty bad in the 2nd half.

Toronto is a better opponent than Chicago/BK or at least same quality

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    I think Toronto is better than both those teams and I like their chances against Indiana too. However, they wouldn't have a good matchup against Miami. Fortunately, no media hype for that supposed matchup trying to prop up Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Numba 1 seed in the east has an easier path

below .500 Atl who've been actually pretty bad in the 2nd half.

Toronto are on the level of Houston and Portland if we're basing off record. Since Rudy Gay got traded, they have actually been better than both those teams.
    You can simply look at their record and say they're a 49 win team, but in reality, they are a 55 win type team.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Charlotte is a 42 win team... That is a decent opponent for a first round matchup.
    Raptors are a 55 win team, after they traded Rudy Gay. That is a hard 2nd round match up.
    Then you have either Chicago/Brooklyn/Indiana, who all pose a threat to Miami.

How exactly is this easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I think Toronto is better than both those teams and I like their chances against Indiana too. However, they wouldn't have a good matchup against Miami. Fortunately, no media hype for that supposed matchup trying to prop up Toronto.
    As to answer to your post previously in this thread. Yes, the Heat match up well against the Raptors, but that doesn't mean it is an easy road.
    People are using team records in here to stipulate what makes a tough opponent. After the first round, Heat's path is no easier than any in the West.

As to answer to your post previously in this thread. Yes, the Heat match up well against the Raptors, but that doesn't mean it is an easy road.
    People are using team records in here to stipulate what makes a tough opponent. After the first round, Heat's path is no easier than any in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Put the Heat in the West for a second... They more than likely finish with the 2nd or 3rd seed, even 4th...

If they're second, they more than likely sweep the Mavs.
    Third? They take the Warriors out in 5.
    4th... Beat Portland in 5.

What is the problem?

Once they get to the 2nd round, they're facing an even competition anyway. Then throw in the fact the Bulls and the Pacers are the most rough, physical teams in the league... Who has it easier?

I agree. By no means is any road in the playoffs easy. I never understand people trying to put down 1 team and it's success, whether it would be Miami, San Antonio, LA Lakers, etc...

In terms of the conferences, the West is tougher top to bottom, but trying to 3 peat and make 4 finals in a row is an even tougher task. This is the weakest team in the big 3 era and they might be the most vulnerable from the past teams due to fatigue, injuries, etc... it's going come down to how badly they want to be the champions again. Will Wade's body hold up ? How about Bosh ? How many role players step up their game ? LeBron should be fine.

IMO, I still see Miami as the favourites coming out of the East.

Toronto are on the level of Houston and Portland if we're basing off record. Since Rudy Gay got traded, they have actually been better than both those teams.
    You can simply look at their record and say they're a 49 win team, but in reality, they are a 55 win type team.
    I believe Indiana and Toronto are the only Eastern Conference teams to sweep the season series between 6 different Western Conference opponents.

Also, Toronto does have the best 4th quarter differential in the league. That's going to be key coming down the stretch in close games.