Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New NBA commissioner open to changing draft, playoffs

For one, Silver said he is "fascinated" with the idea of a having a single-elimination tournament to determine the final playoff spots...

Regarding the NBA's current lottery system that determines the draft order for non-playoff teams, Silver admitted the system has issues. He likes the idea pushed by Boston Celtics assistant general manager Michael Zarren of a wheel system that assigns each team the 30 first-round picks during a 30-year cycle.

-- Sports Xchange

Default Re: New NBA commissioner open to changing draft, playoffs

No. Please no.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

For god sake. Terrible ideas

Lebron of ISH

Single elimination tournament between the 8-12 seed teams in the East for the right to get their shit kicked in by Miami or Indiana? Sounds real exciting.

NBA Superstar

NBA in 2025 be like, ads all over the jerseys and shit, a stupid ass wheel for draft slot, 4 and 5 pointers, teams will run 4 guards and 1 forward, there will be average of 150 points scored each game, flopping will be encouraged, etc

Silver is a moron

The wheel is much better than the BS theyre running right now. I dunno bout the rest.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Stern will end up looking like a good commissioner compared with this retard.

Bunch of conservatives in here.

Tanking is hurting the game. I'm glad they are trying to come up with creative solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    For one, Silver said he is "fascinated" with the idea of a having a single-elimination tournament to determine the final playoff spots...

Regarding the NBA's current lottery system that determines the draft order for non-playoff teams, Silver admitted the system has issues. He likes the idea pushed by Boston Celtics assistant general manager Michael Zarren of a wheel system that assigns each team the 30 first-round picks during a 30-year cycle.

-- Sports Xchange
    No he doesn't. He actually has (i've heard him say it) said that the idea wouldn't work so they are not considering it. It would not let teams address needs during times they needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    NBA in 2025 be like, ads all over the jerseys and shit, a stupid ass wheel for draft slot, 4 and 5 pointers, teams will run 4 guards and 1 forward, there will be average of 150 points scored each game, flopping will be encouraged, etc

Silver is a moron
    You make a list of mostly things that will never happen, and then call Silver a moron for those things you made up that will never happen.

Who's the REAL moron, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Bunch of conservatives in here.

Tanking is hurting the game. I'm glad they are trying to come up with creative solutions.
    So instead we'd introduce blink luck into team building. You're a 60 win team but it's your turn to get #1. That's just great for a competitive league.

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

The same people who complain about the game today are those who want to keep it the same whenever changes of any kind are being proposed.

None of those ideas are "terrible". I disagree with the draft system, and I'm mostly neutral when it comes to elimination tournaments, but I like the open-mindedness. It's only natural when there's a new boss that they'll consider new ideas for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    So instead we'd introduce blink luck into team building. You're a 60 win team but it's your turn to get #1. That's just great for a competitive league.
    so you're saying that teams should be punished for playing well. nice.

One con of that idea is that some players might stay one more year in college if the team they like has number one pick 1 year later. They have to just implement the rule that you have to stay either 1 year or at least 3 years in college. you can't leave after 2 years of college. this will make it idiotic to wait 2 more years just to land on the team you like because of the fear of injury.

current draft rules clearly support tanking and this draft wheel idea is the best one i have read.

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    Stern will end up looking like a good commissioner compared with this retard.
    Cmon, Stern would look like a good commissioner compared with any retard.

-Smak