Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: The Official "Discuss Jeremy Lin's Performance" Thread

Jeremy is playing like crap, residue effect from the air ball in Miami.

I hate that he's playing so weak, getting waved off by his team mates and dumping the ball off the Harden all the time has really knocked his confidence and getting ball hawked just dribbling the ball up has resulted his team mates losing confidence in him.

I believe Harden doesn't think much of "Linsanity" you can tell when Harden looks off Lin a lot. But then rightly so, as Lin is playing so badly, but that's a vicious circle as Lin gets worse.

Jeremy needs to be more aggressive on offence. Take some damn mid range J's, floaters, instead of shooting those terrible 3s, or getting hung up on trying to get all the way to the rim.

Look at the way Parson plays, he believes in himself and plays the right way but also looks for his own shot at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    Whats messing lin up this season is that he is tryin to live up to that fat contract!

I think it put a lot of pressure on him.jeremy lin if you out there listen to me.

Calm down,focus,remember the ancient chinese proverb "patience is a virtue",and last but not least eat some sushi befor every game.

If he does those things he will be fine.
    I don't understand enough about NBA contracts, isn't jeremy's first two years guaranteed but the third year of 15 million isn't, so if Houston doesn't pick up the option and nor does anyone else, does that mean he won't get paid for the 15 million?

in which case 5 million a year isn't too bad for what you thought you were getting...

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    I don't understand enough about NBA contracts, isn't jeremy's first two years guaranteed but the third year of 15 million isn't, so if Houston doesn't pick up the option and nor does anyone else, does that mean he won't get paid for the 15 million?

in which case 5 million a year isn't too bad for what you thought you were getting...
    That can't be true. Otherwise NY would have matched. there is no option on the 3rd year. the poison pill 3rd year was intentionally done by Houston so NY wouldn't match.

Melo is black???

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    That can't be true. Otherwise NY would have matched. there is no option on the 3rd year. the poison pill 3rd year was intentionally done by Houston so NY wouldn't match.
    Just read that third year is a team option, and:

TEAM OPTIONS

With a Team Option, the player has no say in the outcome. If the team invokes the option, the player is under contract for another year. If the team does not invoke the option (meaning they do nothing), the player becomes an unrestricted free agent.

So if Jeremy carries on playing like the crap he is doing, he won't get that big fat pay off in the third year.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

TEAM OPTIONS

With a Team Option, the player has no say in the outcome. If the team invokes the option, the player is under contract for another year. If the team does not invoke the option (meaning they do nothing), the player becomes an unrestricted free agent.

So if Jeremy carries on playing like the crap he is doing, he won't get that big fat pay off in the third year.
    wow really i didn't know that. i wonder why NY didn't match.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

TEAM OPTIONS

actuAlly i just looked it up you're only part right
    In other words, the Knicks will have the option after the 2013-2014 season to waive Jeremy Lin, take his third-year $15 million salary and spread it out with its cap hit over the following three seasons. In each of those three seasons, the Knicks would have $5 million of dead money on the cap. Doing that would all but eliminate the insane luxury tax payment the Knicks would have to endure in 2014-2015, which is supposedly stopping them from re-signing Lin.

I usually hit open layups

Lin is top 3 in steals, blocks and rebounds for Point Guards as of tonight - not bad

And top 5 in Free Throws 90.5%
    17 in Assists

If his average was 8 assists, 2 extra, which would not be hard if half his assisted easy layups were not bricked, then he would be top 5 as well in that catergory...and he is also not the first option to run the team, imagine if he was...

Defense? He locked down a Gallo postup and blocked Lebron recently, one on one :
    His defense rating is top tier right now
    SynergySports defensive stat - Lin: 0.59 (ranked 15 in NBA for all positions so far)

He's doing everything well, but the shooting thing

Just read that third year is a team option
    Please don't make stuff up, Rockets will pay him 15 mil third year and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Please don't make stuff up, Rockets will pay him 15 mil third year and that's that.
    Exactly. Third year guaranteed. Only "option" is if they waive Lin and could spread out money for salary cap purposes. But Lin is getting paid his money either way.

The Harden acquisition, if he's going to bring the ball up makes Lin's role different and a role he doesn't fit very well. They need to change that up or Lin might become an expensive backup.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Exactly. Third year guaranteed. Only "option" is if they waive Lin and could spread out money for salary cap purposes. But Lin is getting paid his money either way.
    Hey man, I am not trying to make stuff up, I just read somewhere that the third year is a team option. Like I said earlier I don't understand enough about nba contracts.

Anyway, tried to google it right now, and not coming up with much.

Hey man, I am not trying to make stuff up, I just read somewhere that the third year is a team option. Like I said earlier I don't understand enough about nba contracts.

His contract is guaranteed, you don't need to google it to tell us, we all know. Do you think every story on him leaving the Knicks had a wrong fact in it? That we were all confused?

Like I said in the game thread, it seems clear that Houston is very hands on and likes to put training wheels on their young players. Lin would have barely qualified as an MLB rookie. In some ways, he's like one. Look at how they handled Morris last year and how much he looks like a basketball player this year. Look at how the rookies aren't getting any game time this year. Chandler Parsons was the exception last year.

He'll get more and more freedom as the year goes on.

Just go to rotoworld or even better basketball-reference. On the first page you'll see the teams in the league and their records. You'll also see a $. Click on it. That's the team salaries page. You see options, you see money that's still on the books (I saw Karl Malone being owed money by the Lakers this year).

He is only 3 inches and needs 2 Viagaras to get going.