Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    College superstar

Default James Harden's game-winning shot should not have counted, NBA says

Didn't see a thread on this. If one exists, then please delete.

The NBA came down harshly Friday in its review of the officials' crunch-time calls -- or lack thereof -- in the Houston Rockets' Game 3, 97-96 win over the Golden State Warriors, saying James Harden's game-winning shot should not have counted.

It was among five incorrect calls in the last two minutes, the NBA said in its assessment of officials' late-game performance dubbed the "Last Two Minute Report."

On the replay from Thursday night's game, it appeared Harden pushed off Golden State's Andre Iguodala before converting a 10-foot step back jumper with 2.7 seconds to play. The league argued Harden initiated contact with Iguodala before hitting the basket.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15...ts-not-counted

Default Re: James Harden's game-winning shot should not have counted, NBA says

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Didn't see a thread on this. If one exists, then please delete.

The NBA came down harshly Friday in its review of the officials' crunch-time calls -- or lack thereof -- in the Houston Rockets' Game 3, 97-96 win over the Golden State Warriors, saying James Harden's game-winning shot should not have counted.

It was among five incorrect calls in the last two minutes, the NBA said in its assessment of officials' late-game performance dubbed the "Last Two Minute Report."

On the replay from Thursday night's game, it appeared Harden pushed off Golden State's Andre Iguodala before converting a 10-foot step back jumper with 2.7 seconds to play. The league argued Harden initiated contact with Iguodala before hitting the basket.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15...ts-not-counted
    Since it would have basically been the last play of the game, the NBA ought to do the right thing...and give the game to the Warriors.

It's now officially 3-0.

NBA and ESPN have no shame in their dickriding

Have they ever done anything like this for any of the countless Draymond moving screens within the last 2min of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by kurple

Have they ever done anything like this for any of the countless Draymond moving screens within the last 2 seasons?
    Fixed.

doing this so later ppl can point to this incident to prove there is no Warriors bias

Why address this if you can't change the result?

Howcome the NBA never calls offensive fouls on this guy?

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Why address this if you can't change the result?
    Exactly, just shut the fvck up and act like you didn't do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    Exactly, just shut the fvck up and act like you didn't do anything wrong.
    Nah, I like them admitting their mistakes.. of course it becomes tiring when they dont seem to change or seem to not care, knowing theyll just admit it afterwards anyway... they just seem to be biased with what they make public. That would have been a WEAK offensive foul.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple

Have they ever done anything like this for any of the countless Draymond moving screens within the last 2min of the game?
    Exactly. Or what about the Bogut armbar on Howard? I don't see them having any problem with that.

The NBA really wanted the Warriors to go 16-0, beat the Lakers record. They are .

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

NBA has a lot of retracting fgm to do if they want to play this game.

I thought I was watching the playoffs

Dont pussify the league Silver

This retroactive officiating needs to stop, because it's an endless hole. Either let the refs do their jobs (and make mistakes), or replace them with robots.

I'm a Warriors fan and I'm fine with the no-call. That one shot didn't decide the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Fixed.