Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart 8

NBA lottery pick

Default Mario Kart 8

Anyone else picking it up? I've got high hopes for it, been reviewing well so far.

Love Live Life

Default Re: Mario Kart 8

Does anybody have a Wii U is the better question

Naw but seriously though I wish Nintendo would make Mario kart, Smash Bros, and Zelda for the PS4

Nintendo needs to join forces with another console and give it up. I'm sure Sony or microsoft would buy them out eyes closed. Graphically those games could Excell even more and they do with shit graphics already.
    Last edited by Draz; 05-31-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Very very fun. The Kart customization is pretty solid. I don't have a complaint yet, but I've only put in like 2 hours.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Very very fun. The Kart customization is pretty solid. I don't have a complaint yet, but I've only put in like 2 hours.
    Yea I played about that much last night. Played 50cc and got 3 stars on all the courses. Still trying to figure out which is my favorite cart, used to use mach bike all the time on the Wii.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It looks like a great game and with what I heard, it actually doesn't punish good players with BS items and luck.

But still, I'm not wasting my money on a Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Nintendo needs to join forces with another console and give it up. I'm sure Sony or microsoft would buy them out eyes closed. Graphically those games could Excell even more and they do with shit graphics already.
    Sony has so much debt that they are more likely to go under than anything else. Nintendo making a bid on Sony (if they were worth buying) is more possible than Sony buying Nintendo. I get WiiU is not selling but one company (Sony) is leveraged up the ass to the point they are selling real estate to stay afloat (basically they are now renting their own building) while Nintendo isn't selling but has $400M in the bank. And Microsoft wants to spin off or sell the video game division. Everyone wants Nintendo to become software first but for who?

If PS4 does WiiU like numbers there might not be a PS5 or a Sony as we know it.

I'm a few hours in. Online is fun. I'm NIKO online too if you see me. People are already ridiculously good but it's not cheap so it's ok.

Game is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Yea I played about that much last night. Played 50cc and got 3 stars on all the courses. Still trying to figure out which is my favorite cart, used to use mach bike all the time on the Wii.
    I think I like the bike the most in this one, or the cat car. But I haven't tried the ATV yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Sony has so much debt that they are more likely to go under than anything else. Nintendo making a bid on Sony (if they were worth buying) is more possible than Sony buying Nintendo. I get WiiU is not selling but one company (Sony) is leveraged up the ass to the point they are selling real estate to stay afloat (basically they are now renting their own building) while Nintendo isn't selling but has $400M in the bank. And Microsoft wants to spin off or sell the video game division. Everyone wants Nintendo to become software first but for who?

If PS4 does WiiU like numbers there might not be a PS5 or a Sony as we know it.
    A bit of an exaggeration. Sony the video game company is having terrific sales. It's expected to be announced that 8 million PS4s are gonna be sold by E3. The Vaio line is being sold. Everything else is pretty meh though. I agree that it's more like Nintendo would buy Sony at this point.

I'll probably add you tonight. I played one online race last night. Lost. went back to doing cup stuff. :oldlol

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    It looks like a great game and with what I heard, it actually doesn't punish good players with BS items and luck.

But still, I'm not wasting my money on a Wii U.
    Kinda true. You do get more than just bananas, but usually it's coins. I'd say 70% of the time I get coins 20% green turtle shells/bananas and 10% a different item. I got a blue turtle shell last night in first
    Last edited by Rose; 05-31-2014 at 07:03 PM.

I think I like the bike the most in this one, or the cat car. But I haven't tried the ATV yet.

A bit of an exaggeration. Sony the video game company is having terrific sales. It's expected to be announced that 8 million PS4s are gonna be sold by E3. The Vaio line is being sold. Everything else is pretty meh though. I agree that it's more like Nintendo would buy Sony at this point.

I'll probably add you tonight. I played one online race last night. Lost. went back to doing cup stuff. :oldlol

Kinda true. You do get more than just bananas, but usually it's coins. I'd say 70% of the time I get coins 20% green turtle shells/bananas and 10% a different item. I got a blue turtle shell last night in first
    I'm not exaggerating at all with Sony. Yes, the video game portion does well but the company is not and they are so highly leveraged that their position is much more precarious than Nintendo. Their debt is huge. And what they did last year is literally the equivalent of me having huge credit card debts, and selling my house to pay bills and then renting it back from the person i sold it too. Sony can't buy Nintendo, Sony has no cash.

If Sony didn't have the video game division they might cease to exist as a company. It's really the only division they can point to as excelling. PS4 is doing shit in Japan though, the no backwards compatability killed them. It's my issue, i really want a PS4 before the fall, but i don't have space in my cabinet for it, so i'd need to move the PS3, but i love my PS3. So Sony is losing in my house to Sony. In Japan where the houses are smaller and people are so in love with the last generation (PSP and PS3) it's a big problem; Do you have a PS4?

When we have all played more let's have an ISH cup!

NBA lottery pick

When we have all played more let's have an ISH cup!
    I'd be down. I feel pretty confident about my Mario kart skills, maybe that'll change once I start playing online though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    I'd be down. I feel pretty confident about my Mario kart skills, maybe that'll change once I start playing online though.
    Some people are sick good. I can come consistenly top 3/4 but there are always people i just cannot beat. They are playing a different game it feels like.

NBA lottery pick

Some people are sick good. I can come consistenly top 3/4 but there are always people i just cannot beat. They are playing a different game it feels like.
    I was actually about to take first handedly in my first match but it dropped, since then I've been finding the same thing. It's hard to catch up once you get that separation.

Get 4-5. on average.

One match I was in first by a fair amount, got red turtle shelled, green shelled (Which was a damn great toss) and then wound up in third because that happened about 150 feet from the line on Wario Mountain.