Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: the NBA needs to hide that Kobe footage

found the rule bout the circle

The "restricted area" for this purpose is the area bounded by an arc with a 4-foot radius measured from the middle of the basket.

EXCEPTION: Any player may be legally positioned within the "restricted area" if the offensive player receives the ball within the Lower Defensive Box.

a lotta people don't know this

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    thats actually a myth. you don't have to have both feet completely set to get a charge, you watch basketball dont u?

did you also know that even if you are inside the restricted area, you can still draw a charge??? as long as you are a help defender(sorry i cant think of a better term but it goes something like that), they can call charge even if you are in the circle. you dont see it called that often, but ive seen it.
    that was not bogut's area when kobe was driving in. if you try to watch the footage without being biased, you'll see the defender came into kobe's lane while still completely moving while kobe was still driving in, kobe's shoulder wasn't lowered at all.

lol @ quizno getting owned for his ignorance
    right

oops, double posted. my bad.

3-time NBA All-Star

Whatever the lakers won... Get used to it.. This team is one of the best ever assembled... They will hurt you in so many ways... KOBE, ARTEST, BYNUM, GASOL AND ODOM ....... KOBE HIT A NICE SHOT... Goodnight..

Decent playground baller

the charge is debateable.. but it's nothing worthy for yaks crying about NBA being rigged.

i mean, Kobe is not the first and won't be the last to get a call at the end of the game like that.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    not only was that an easy charge call, but he took 4 steps...and they gave him the hoop plus a foul...did you see the refs look at each other for a few seconds first? sportscenter shouldnt show that footage, it looked too rigged

So stop watching.

Problem solved.

Sucks for Buck fans. There should have been 0.3 seconds left after the shot.

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by Soopa
    Nothing was worse then when the refs blatantly let MJ throw Byron Russel to the floor in the 98' Finals.

Obviously pushed off and traveled.

Jordan obviously gave Russell a "nudge" but the part about Jordan "traveling" on the play is false.

And I call it a "nudge" because I refuse to believe Jordan is strong enough to push a 240 pound man to the floor simultaneously while crossing over for the shot Russell was already turned around and Jordan gave him a slight "nudge" to clear just a little more space. The push isn't as bad as people like to make it out to be. If you want to see a blatant push look what Reggie Miller does to Jordan for the game winner in Game 4 of the ECF that same year.

3-time NBA All-Star

If people want to get technical take a look at the game winner and you will see kobe walk as well.. But Lebron gets away with more than that everynight... Kobe came off his pivot foot... I only noticed this in slow motion.. Still Kobe's release is a beauty....

Glad to see Avery isn't a clone like some of the other Laker nut riders on ESPN/TNT/ABC. He called it like he saw it, a travel, and said it wasn't an and-1.

But like I said earlier, this is Kobe, and he still hit a big shot at the end. This is not the first or last time a superstar gets the benefit of the doubt.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    Glad to see Avery isn't a clone like some of the other Laker nut riders on ESPN/TNT/ABC. He called it like he saw it, a travel, and said it wasn't an and-1.

But like I said earlier, this is Kobe, and he still hit a big shot at the end. This is not the first or last time a superstar gets the benefit of the doubt.

True... And after tonights game I am seriously thinking about jumping on the LAKER BANDWAGON... Seriously..... I feel like I will be happier come June...

No Lebron or Wade fan should be claiming the NBA rigged this game, you should know by now that superstars WILL get the benefit of the call down the stretch a lot of the time. It sucks, but that's just the way things go. It was a bad call, but quit labeling it a rigged game

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Whatever the lakers won... Get used to it.. This team is one of the best ever assembled... They will hurt you in so many ways... KOBE, ARTEST, BYNUM, GASOL AND ODOM ....... KOBE HIT A NICE SHOT... Goodnight..

I personally think it could have gone either way, charge or block.......I'm edging towards a charge. But it was not an obvious charge like this clown is making it out to be.

I find it hilarious how pathetic Kobe haters are though.

Can all of us non-biased fans of the games, who doesn't exert energy hating on one player agree that Kobe haters are by far the dumbest and most pathetic clowns on the web?

I knew there was going to be someone to nitpick something out of the game....I mean seriously, who thinks the refs would rig a game against a 11-11 Bucks?

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

That footage is right on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89w3ciG7lMQ

And Bogut was NOT set.