Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

Default Somebody fill me in

why is draymond green considered the dpoy? Isn't he like a undersized small ball 4? Isn't he really a 3? What has he done? Haven't had a chance to watch gsw/west coast games cause they come on mad late in Miami and honestly I spend enough time in my life following basketball with the heat

Default Re: Somebody fill me in

Versatility and complementing strengths with the rest of his team.

Oh and I'm sure a lot of people here would be happy to fill you up. Oops wrong thread.

great hands - creates a lot of deflections, TOs and steals
    good positional defender and rebounder
    and he is a versatile defender with the ability to guards bigs and smalls

shhhhhhh

I've got D Jordan from the Clippers but Green and Leonard are right there too.. any of the three will be a good pick

Dunking on everybody in the park

I don't get the Jordan hype, he does nothing well besides rim protection and rebounding. His positioning is awful, he doesn't help on the screens, can't defend the pick and roll, doesn't deflect passes. Even his rebounding numbers feel inflated to me, I've seen him literally steal the ball from his teammates who had already secured the rebound and caused a turnover.

He literally does everything. Guards all 5 positions, defends the pick n roll extremely well, protects the rim, plays passing lanes, etc.

He's quite easily the most versatile defender in the game.

Really versatile, can guard plenty of different types of players (perimeter and post), plays the passing lanes very well and can also strip his man of the ball, averages like 1.4(?) BPG to go along with it, he also offers some rim protection, great at guarding the pick-n-roll... He developed some very good defensive fundamentals, has the footwork and he's a pretty smart defender, fits within the team's scheme really well and knows his teammates "strengths", let's say. Plays very good team D and guards his man rather well, knows what to do on rotations and such...

Plus, Warriors are the #1 defensive team in the league, while Green's 2nd in the league in DWS, 5th in Defensive +/-, 4th in DRtg and 7th in STL%.
    I know he has some great defensive teammates - Bogut also being one of the very best choices for DPOY - he plays for a team that works extremely well as a unit on defense, ran by some great coach(es) too but still... he has a great case.

They have a different game/approach/style/athleticism/physique but in terms of defensive "productivity" (even offensive in some ways), he reminds me of something like a Bobby Jones-lite (at both their best), and that's major.
    Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 04-14-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

he's not he's lebro njames at defense

There are some crazy defensive analytics that only NBA teams have that show how overrated Green is defensively, I've seen them and wow.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Versatility and complementing strengths with the rest of his team.

Oh and I'm sure a lot of people here would be happy to fill you up. Oops wrong thread.
    Getting filled in may be even worse.

Can someone explain to me how he is better than Leonard?

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    There are some crazy defensive analytics that only NBA teams have that show how overrated Green is defensively, I've seen them and wow.
    Yeah, just NBA teams and IncarceratedBob

Quote Originally Posted by iznogood
    I don't get the Jordan hype, he does nothing well besides rim protection and rebounding. His positioning is awful, he doesn't help on the screens, can't defend the pick and roll, doesn't deflect passes. Even his rebounding numbers feel inflated to me, I've seen him literally steal the ball from his teammates who had already secured the rebound and caused a turnover.
    Barely a top 10 defender tbh