Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: What would another Finals loss do to Lebrons legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    The idea that he moves UP with another loss is comical.
    Name one player in the history of the game who's legacy benefited more from missing playoffs or an early exit rather than winning three playoff series and losing the fourth?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He'd move up into the number 1 spot all time.

It would add yet another Finals appearance and more stat totals....

Surely that is better than losing earlier or even missing playoffs and less stat totals...

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    and yeah, making the finals > losing in early rounds
    Not if you're suppose to win it all.

2011 = worse than any first round loss outside of Warriors/Mavs

2013 = Should have been the same situation.

kobetard

Shouldn't affect it one way or another. Seems like par for the course, build super team, steam roll through the weak east, face real competition in a somewhat banged up western team that just finished surviving the grindhouse known as the western conference playoffs.

If he loses, he accomplished what was expected of him (he is undeniably a great player after all, alltime great even), if he wins a ring and fmvp, sure, bump him up a little bit.

Edit: I do hope teams like the Bulls or Hawks give them some real competition this year.

Edit2: seeing the other posts reminds me, if he pulls a 2011, that will hurt his legacy.
    Last edited by IMObjective; 04-13-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Surely that is better than losing earlier or even missing playoffs and less stat totals...
    Not in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Not in the east.
    It is more prestigious to miss the playoffs or lose early IN THE EAST?

Than it is to beat the 2nd best team in the NBA (Atlanta) in ECF and then lose to the best team in the NBA from the West?

Very good NBA starter

It is more prestigious to miss the playoffs or lose early IN THE EAST?

Than it is to beat the 2nd best team in the NBA (Atlanta) in ECF and then lose to the best team in the NBA from the West?

No, there is nothing special about making it to the playoffs in the east.

If Boston can make the playoffs than making the playoffs has no legacy enhancing value.....at all.

Do I care that Jason kidd made it to back to back finals?

Absolutely not. I give him more credit for making the second round in the west back in 2000.

If you beat the 2004-06 Pistons, the 2008-10 Celtics, or the 2011-14+05-06 Heat, then you have done something noteworthy.

Any other activity in the eastern conference in the last 17 years is meaningless to me.
    Last edited by Magic 32; 04-13-2015 at 06:49 AM.

Local High School Star

At the end of the day people only care about how far you go and making the finals is an achievement big time achievement. Charles Barkley made the finals once, Reggie Miller made the finals once and that was big time achievement. To make it five times in a row regardless of circumstances is a massive achievement. I think it will be a very tough road to the finals but playing the Hawks (who play west style) will help them practice for the Finals (if they make it). Last year they played grit and grind pacers and were totally not ready for the run and gun style of the Spurs but we all know Hawks play run and gun so if Cavs beat the Hawks they are about as ready for the finals as they can.

Regardless we are sitting here debating about making it to the finals. None of us ever made it to the NBA so we should be real men and not act like finals is a bad achievement because real people will just think of u like and go "And you do...?"

No, there is nothing special about making it to the playoffs in the east.
    YES!? I agree!? Thats exactly what i am saying aswell?? So... how can that be more prestigious to miss the playoffs there or even lose in 1st round? You are confusing me.... what were we talking about again?

Lets see here...

You said "NOT IN THE EAST" to a post that says its certainly better to win against the 2nd best team in the NBA (Atlanta) & get to the Finals, lose there... than it is to lose in 1st round or even miss the playoffs in the god damn EAST.... Meaning you think its not better, meaning you think its better to lose in the east early or even miss the playoffs........ that would be ***ing embarrassing for Lebron, are you kidding me??

If Boston can make the playoffs than making the playoffs has no legacy enhancing value.....at all.
    He is not beating freakin Boston / the bottom feeders to get to the Finals, he will beat those teams in the east or in the west there in 1st round, it doesnt matter, its the Semi-Finals & then Conference Finals that gets you into the Finals.... thats where he will have to beat Atlanta which unfortunately for you is the 2nd best team in the NBA..... and before them in Semi-Finals he will have to beat Toronto/Chicago which at their full health would/could of had one of the best team records in the NBA so far... unfortunately for you....

With that being said, as you can see yes EAST is weak in the regular season, but those teams are weeded out in the playoffs.... in the playoffs its a whole other story, except for the 1st round, the Semi-Finals and Conference Finals are comparable or could be even arguably better / more competitive matchups than in WCSF / WCF....
    Last edited by pauk; 04-13-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    2/6 has a nice ring to it..
    Dem precious bran stan tears. 2/6 definitely has a nice ring to it.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Not if you're suppose to win it all.

2011 = worse than any first round loss outside of Warriors/Mavs

2013 = Should have been the same situation.
    This is a very retarded post.
    And what does "should have been" even mean??? A hundred times playoffs series were decided with some clutch three (2-3 times just to your boys Kobes Lakers).
    LoL at "should have been"

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    This recent idea that getting to the finals is a bad thing is utterly moronic.

Losing in the finals is obviously better than losing before the finals, so getting there would enhance Lebron's legacy, not hurt it.
    It is, but routinely going AWOL in the finals should be a detriment to anyone's legacy, win or lose.

YES!? I agree!? Thats exactly what i am saying aswell?? So... how can that be more prestigious to miss the playoffs there or even lose in 1st round? You are confusing me.... what were we talking about again?
    Well dumbshit, he is trying to explain to you that losing in the finals AGAIN would hurt lebron legacy, which it's obvious, unlike what you think that would enhanced it just because he didn't lost in the 1st round

Was this explanation satisfactory? Should i go get the crayons?

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Have to change his nickname to Lord James...since that vassal system only bringing in 33%.