Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New cast for NBA TV's Open Court (be ready for some good stories!)

What is C-Webb even doing nowadays? He's not on Open Court or Inside The NBA anymore? What a shame.

Part of the appeal of Open Court is that a lot of the Inside The NBA banter was alive in that show, along with some of the more serious guys like Kerr occasionally getting involved. I honestly don't see the new additions being all that good at it. I liked Miller too, he's better on Open Court than broadcasting games in my opinion.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    What is C-Webb even doing nowadays? He's not on Open Court or Inside The NBA anymore? What a shame.

Part of the appeal of Open Court is that a lot of the Inside The NBA banter was alive in that show, along with some of the more serious guys like Kerr occasionally getting involved. I honestly don't see the new additions being all that good at it. I liked Miller too, he's better on Open Court than broadcasting games in my opinion.
    I like Steve Kerr's sense of humor though. He is kind of subtle but he does make a few jabs now and then. He works well on the show too because being a role player he can add a different perspective. If everyone was an all-star then all of the stories would be about how good they used to be, where as the role players tend to be more humble and willing to admit what they lacked.

I wasn't a big fan of Brent Barry though, maybe he will settle in more as time goes on but he kind of felt out of place in the episodes I've seen him in so far.
    Last edited by miller-time; 10-15-2013 at 02:44 AM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
    Has anybody got a link for the last episode ?
    this

I like the addition of Zeke. He gets to bring a different perspective plus smash all of that negative noise about the Piston Bad Boy days. Grant Hill is okay. He has to get in the flow more. I am glad to see Shaq go. He just seemed too cocky. like he was better than the other guys. Steve Smith....oh yeah glad to see him gone. I am just glad that Sir Charles is still there. That brother is comical. He is honest and says some of the silliest stuff about random stuff. But love the NBA TV Open Court. Great shows and cast

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Dennis Scott annoys me.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    Dennis Scott annoys me.
    true dat

Great college starter

I liked Reggie and Cwebb on there

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Isiah was actually pretty good outside of his "Karl Malone weak link" embarrassment. It was simply stunning that he couldn't articulate his point there, even after Ernie gave him a second chance to do so.

Anyway, besides that, I liked how candid Isiah was and particularly liked how he defended his Piston teams, who were incorrectly being referred to as "thugs" by the rest of the panel.
    I thought what Isiah meant was pretty clear and was correct. He wasn't trying to say Karl Malone was the weak link as in literally the weakest part of that team. His inability to close out games and rise to the occassion like his rivals did i.e. Hakeem, Jordan was the main reason he couldn't get over the hump. That was Isiah's point.

Is Reggie Miller, Shaq, and Chris Webber still going to be on TNT?

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

old news, first episode was liek 1 week ago...

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Isiah is still sore about getting all those stitches from Karl Malone's retaliatory elbow due to Isiah previously torching John Stockton to show he belonged on the Dream Team.

NBA sixth man of the year

I like Isaiah being on there. I feel he'll be honest and tell us some stories about Bird, Magic, MJ, Rodman and many others..

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

i knew that mahorn was gone by that time but how did malone get away with cheap shotting zeke?

in every clip I've seen...he hits him and then nothing happens

were laimbeer and rodman still on the team?

during bad boy era..teams were shook of the pistons and then year or two later opponent lays out your star player and ...................nothing?

when malone took out admiral.....same non response from the spurs...

F that..

Link? I love Isiah. He's charismatic, and charming.

In all honesty as long as Charles, Kenny, and EJ are there it will still be good.