Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: May God eternally damn Chris Broussard's rebellious sinful soul to Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    FSM!

I rule the local playground keepinitreal's Avatar

Default Re: May God eternally damn Chris Broussard's rebellious sinful soul to Hell

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Saturday is actually the Sabbath the day. The seventh day is Saturday and the first day is Sunday going by the calendar
    well this ****s my whole rotation up

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Just like some people are offended by what Broussard said, I'm really offended by your anti-religious comments and pure unintelligence in this thread. It's really sad to see people being ignorant about the Bible and people's beliefs. Don't believe if you don't want to. But doesn't give you the green light to trash it.

You hypocritical people think it's not ok to trash your beliefs about gays but it's all of a sudden fine to trash Christianity? Ridiculous. Take a look in the mirror.

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    Just like some people are offended by what Broussard said, I'm really offended by your anti-religious comments and pure unintelligence in this thread. It's really sad to see people being ignorant about the Bible and people's beliefs. Don't believe if you don't want to. But doesn't give you the green light to trash it.

You hypocritical people think it's not ok to trash your beliefs about gays but it's all of a sudden fine to trash Christianity? Ridiculous. Take a look in the mirror.
    What rights are Christians denied of?

OP is simply pointing out the irony in what people like Broussard say (i.e they're cherry-picking).

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Banned

Nobody has the right not to be offended. When you try to withhold others rights from them because you're inspired by your hateful Holey Babble (Bible), we will continue to trash it.

There's been nothing false said about Christianity in this thread. I was a Christian for 15 years before I saw the light and converted to Kobeanity, and I've read the Bible multiple times. Everything mentioned by OP is in there.

The Old Testament laws still apply. Jesus said;

Matthew 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

There's a bunch of stuff in there Christians disregard these days. Did you know you're not supposed to put up a Christmas tree? If you do, you're going to Hell.

Jeremiah 10:2-4 Thus saith The LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveRings
    Nobody has the right not to be offended. When you try to withhold others rights from them because you're inspired by your hateful Holey Babble (Bible), we will continue to trash it.

There's been nothing false said about Christianity in this thread. I was a Christian for 15 years before I saw the light and converted to Kobeanity, and I've read the Bible multiple times. Everything mentioned by OP is in there.

The Old Testament laws still apply. Jesus said;

Matthew 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

There's a bunch of stuff in there Christians disregard these days. Did you know you're not supposed to put up a Christmas tree? If you do, you're going to Hell.

Jeremiah 10:2-4 Thus saith The LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
    First of all, the idiots (including you) that insult the BIBLE (not the babble, stop being a disrespectful hypocrite) are insulting it because THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN IT. That is SUBJECTIVE. Keep it to yourself. Other people (including me) try to base their lives off of it as much as possible.

Second of all, your facts are wrong. That passage is NOT about Christmas trees. It's about making false idols. In the NIV it says "they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel". This shows you that it's about idols. They decorated idols with silver and gold. Christmas trees were a tradition of northern Europe, not Judea.

I don't mind debating religion. What I do not tolerate is people who disrespect it and trash it. Go ahead, do what you want. In the end, the more balanced and unbiased minds will prevail.

Banned

First of all, the idiots (including you) that insult the BIBLE (not the babble, stop being a disrespectful hypocrite) are insulting it because THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN IT. That is SUBJECTIVE. Keep it to yourself. Other people (including me) try to base their lives off of it as much as possible.

Second of all, your facts are wrong. That passage is NOT about Christmas trees. It's about making false idols. In the NIV it says "they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel". This shows you that it's about idols. They decorated idols with silver and gold. Christmas trees were a tradition of northern Europe, not Judea.

I don't mind debating religion. What I do not tolerate is people who disrespect it and trash it. Go ahead, do what you want. In the end, the more balanced and unbiased minds will prevail.
    Respect is earned, not given by default. I'm sorry, but a religion that says gays should be killed is not worthy of respect.

If you want respect for your beliefs, provide evidence for those beliefs and I will have no choice but to reconvert to Christianity and respect it.

Do you respect the beliefs of someone who says the universe was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or the belief that Kobe Bryant is the creator? I doubt that you do, but these beliefs have the same amount of evidence backing them up as your beliefs do.

Respect is earned, not given by default. I'm sorry, but a religion that says gays should be killed is not worthy of respect.

If you want respect for your beliefs, provide evidence for those beliefs and I will have no choice but to reconvert to Christianity and respect it.

Do you respect the beliefs of someone who says the universe was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or the belief that Kobe Bryant is the creator? I doubt that you do, but these beliefs have the same amount of evidence backing them up as your beliefs do.
    I won't believe them, but I'll never disrespect them. Maybe the "Kobe is the creator" one. But that one is completely far-fetched and an ill-logical idea. Protest as much as you want about Christianity being far-fetched or unbelievable, but to compare a religion like Christianity to a crazy notion that Kobe created the universe is absurd. As much as you don't agree with it, I'm sure we can dig up the numbers and see how many people on this Earth believe in Christianity, and that alone should at least give it some credibility. As for your issues with evidence for Christianity, I BY ALL MEANS am no pastor, I'm not a "sinless" or even a "good" human being (there are plenty of non-Christians who are 10x better people than I am) but if you want to inbox me, I'd be more than happy to at least try to answer any questions you have.

I'm not going to force Christianity on you (or anyone) because that's just not right. I can do my best to answer your questions and rebutt your arguments, but that's as far as I go in those terms. I don't like when Christians condescend and act like they're better people than others, it's just not true. We're all humans, we all make mistakes, we all sin. I look at you just like any other human being, just like I look at myself, but if you have different beliefs than me I will happily debate them with you with an open mind.

Feel free, friend.

Banned

I won't believe them, but I'll never disrespect them. Maybe the "Kobe is the creator" one. But that one is completely far-fetched and an ill-logical idea. Protest as much as you want about Christianity being far-fetched or unbelievable, but to compare a religion like Christianity to a crazy notion that Kobe created the universe is absurd. As much as you don't agree with it, I'm sure we can dig up the numbers and see how many people on this Earth believe in Christianity, and that alone should at least give it some credibility. As for your issues with evidence for Christianity, I BY ALL MEANS am no pastor, I'm not a "sinless" or even a "good" human being (there are plenty of non-Christians who are 10x better people than I am) but if you want to inbox me, I'd be more than happy to at least try to answer any questions you have.

I'm not going to force Christianity on you (or anyone) because that's just not right. I can do my best to answer your questions and rebutt your arguments, but that's as far as I go in those terms. I don't like when Christians condescend and act like they're better people than others, it's just not true. We're all humans, we all make mistakes, we all sin. I look at you just like any other human being, just like I look at myself, but if you have different beliefs than me I will happily debate them with you with an open mind.

Feel free, friend.
    If I thought I could go to a heaven, I'd take that deal, but I'd also like to win the lottery. Wanting something to be true isn't going to make it any truer though. I'm ok with death. If I'm right, it won't be a negative experience because I won't exist to experience it.

I'm an agnostic atheist so I'm open to changing my mind, but it woud take concrete evidence to convince me. I've got a few questions.

If things can not exist without having been designed, who created the creator?

If it wasn't necessary for God to be created himself, why couldn't the universe have come into existence without the need for a creator?

Give me your best evidence for God.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Sunday is the last day of the week. It's the 2nd day of the weekend.
    I've seen a lot of stupid shit in my life.

If I thought I could go to a heaven, I'd take that deal, but I'd also like to win the lottery. Wanting something to be true isn't going to make it any truer though. I'm ok with death. If I'm right, it won't be a negative experience because I won't exist to experience it.

I'm an agnostic atheist so I'm open to changing my mind, but it woud take concrete evidence to convince me. I've got a few questions.

If things can not exist without having been designed, who created the creator?

If it wasn't necessary for God to be created himself, why couldn't the universe have come into existence without the need for a creator?

Give me your best evidence for God.
    I had this same debate with my discrete math professor.

So what you said - "If things can not exist without having been designed, who created the creator?" is a logical statement. However- God is not bounded by time, correct? But we are? We can't imagine a world without time. However, his "world", and anything after life (Heaven/Hell) are not bounded by time, hence eternal life and him not having a beginning. "Beginning" is a word associated with time (as is "end").

Now, if God created a world with time (our universe) but isn't bounded by it himself, with that you can also conclude that he created logic and isn't bounded by it himself. It makes sense, because if we FULLY understood God and how everything works, wouldn't we be God? Why would he create humans if we can instantly with our logic (which he created) be able to fully grasp his existence? That, my friend, is where faith comes in. Believing something that might not logically be correct, and won't be easy to fathom.

Hope this somewhat helps.

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

Why is everyone coming down on Christians? I for one hate gay's for totally non cultural or religious reasons. I feel like I'm being ignored

Typically full of shit he is.

A bet after the show he got a good rimming from Mark Stein.