Default Karl Malone working out with Derrick Favors

"Might sound crazy," Favors said, "but the hardest thing was getting ready to work out with him. He wanted me to be in shape, be ready before he got there. We did a lot of things, a lot of conditioning stuff so he wanted me to be ready for him."

They have played one-on-one, although he said they haven't kept score (which fits nicely with General Manager Dennis Lindsey's 2013-14 request not to be judged by wins and losses). However, Favors couldn't resist the opportunity to brag a little.

"He don't want me to tell nobody," Favors intoned quietly, "but I beat him at H-O-R-S-E one time."

-- Salt Lake Tribune

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Karl Malone working out with Derrick Favors

Maybe Karl will make a comeback if he's holding his own with the kids.

Isiah didn’t hold back during shooting for the premiere of the critically acclaimed show’s third season (it will air on Oct. 8 at 6 p.m. ET on NBA TV) . In fact, he made sure “Open Court” will get off to an explosive start when he identified his former rival and fellow Hall of Famer Karl Malone as the man who cost the Utah Jazz a title. “I thought Utah, going back to that team, I thought they had everything it took to win a championship,” he said. “They had the system, the players, the toughness, they were defensive-minded and everything. I always thought like Malone was the weakest link because he wasn’t a good foul shooter. Had he been a good foul shooter they would have beat Chicago.”

NBA.com

Isiah didn’t hold back during shooting for the premiere of the critically acclaimed show’s third season (it will air on Oct. 8 at 6 p.m. ET on NBA TV) . In fact, he made sure “Open Court” will get off to an explosive start when he identified his former rival and fellow Hall of Famer Karl Malone as the man who cost the Utah Jazz a title. “I thought Utah, going back to that team, I thought they had everything it took to win a championship,” he said. “They had the system, the players, the toughness, they were defensive-minded and everything. I always thought like Malone was the weakest link because he wasn’t a good foul shooter. Had he been a good foul shooter they would have beat Chicago.”

NBA.com
    Actually became a good foul shooter for a big guy. It's not like he was Shaq or Duncan when he's struggled.

Banned

yayyyyy

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

hopefully Favors can develop that consistent jump shot

Hopefully he can develop anything away from the rim but he hasn't shown any improvement so it's kind of hard to expect it now.