jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Default Re: Why Miami is scared of Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    holy shit portland is PATHETIC
    heat play against weak east team

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    nah he took his 2 steps in stride and knocked it down. It may have seen like i walk because he was back pedaling fast but he wasnt in possession of the ball

That would've been a 4pt play today..

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    But then Heat fans will argue Wade was playing on one leg.

The thing is, you can't judge what WILL happen based on last year. Last year's games happened the way they did through a number of factors. This year, Heat could have a shooter get white hot and destroy anything the Spurs throw at them and viceversa(like Green did for much of that series). Just too many unpredictable variables.

I really do like Spurs chances if they get through to the finals without any long series and plenty of rest though.
    much like the same way Green and Neal got hot in the Finals, especially that one game (3 or 4 i think) when they couldnt miss!

yup! it'll be impressive if Green can duplicate that type of performance if they meet again. I'd look out for Ray Allen though (even some sights of Battier from the 3), this Nets series is giving him (Allen) some fuel...seems to be back in the swing of things with his shot, and that can only mean headaches for the opposition.

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    I'm honestly more scored of OKC's trio. Alphabrook, Durbeta, and Joey Crawford might be the most lethal Big 3 this league has ever seen!
    This is why matchups are so important in the playoffs.

OKC's trio are scared sh

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Not really.

If you want to talk about catching breaks, the Heat got the biggest one from Ray That shit was over and Spurs would be holding the trophy had that of missed.

Would, coulda, shoulda. Have fun with the loser talk

Not airballing my layups anymore

Why do people act like Ray Allen "bailed out" the Heat? Ray Allen is on the team. He is the greatest three point shooter of all time. He got the ball in rhythm and drained a shot he has hit 1000 times. Sure, the context of the moment makes it special, but its not like it was a half court shot. It's not like he got some bogus FTs or something.

Why are teammates not allowed to also try to put the ball into the basket? Are you clowns still not over The Decision? It has been years. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by mistergreens
    Why do people act like Ray Allen "bailed out" the Heat? Ray Allen is on the team. He is the greatest three point shooter of all time. He got the ball in rhythm and drained a shot he has hit 1000 times. Sure, the context of the moment makes it special, but its not like it was a half court shot. It's not like he got some bogus FTs or something.

Why are teammates not allowed to also try to put the ball into the basket? Are you clowns still not over The Decision? It has been years. Get over it.
    he bailed out lebron, and won it for the heat. lebron had also just missed a three.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    he bailed out lebron, and won it for the heat. lebron had also just missed a three.
    And Lebron made a huge comeback before that. Using your logic, Lebron bailed out heat.

only reason why i'd be scared is because they seem hungrier than last year

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz

did ray allen score after that? cus there was an overtime too

and ray allen sure bailed out the heat scoring 9 of their 103 points

dumbass

Angry Re: Why Miami is scared of Spurs

But then Heat fans will argue Wade was playing on one leg.

The thing is, you can't judge what WILL happen based on last year. Last year's games happened the way they did through a number of factors. This year, Heat could have a shooter get white hot and destroy anything the Spurs throw at them and viceversa(like Green did for much of that series). Just too many unpredictable variables.

I really do like Spurs chances if they get through to the finals without any long series and plenty of rest though.
    True, last year has no bearing on what will happen this year, for example, LeBron stunk shooting vs the Spurs in 5 of those Finals games, doesn't mean he'll have 5 bad shooting games again this time around should they meet. He might catch on fire, he might go cold, Ginobili might actually be useful this time, Duncan could muster one last dominating Finals and finish this time, Wade might get hot etc...

These youngsters think just because the Heat won in 7 (or you could say, Spurs choked in 7), that it automatically will play out exactly the same with the same results

Kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    only reason why i'd be scared is because they seem hungrier than last year
    This is a good point, they seem to be on a mission. I always feel it's harder to beat a team the next time around since they'll have that chip on their shoulders. The Heat better not take them lightly should they meet again, especially considering SA will have gm 7 at home.
    Last edited by TheMan; 05-09-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    True, last year has no bearing on what will happen this year, for example, LeBron stunk shooting vs the Spurs in 5 of those Finals games, doesn't mean he'll have 5 bad shooting games again this time around should they meet. He might catch on fire, he might go cold, Ginobili might actually be useful this time, Duncan could muster one last dominating Finals and finish this time, Wade might get hot etc...

These youngsters think just because the Heat won in 7 (or you could say, Spurs choked in 7), that it automatically will play out exactly the same with the same results

Kids...
    Catching on fire or not ... the Heat was tired. This year CAN be exactly the opposite. I dnt think this is a good signal for the Spurs.

Fresh Spurs x tired Heat = Heat win, 7 game-series
    Tired Spurs (maybe) x fresh Heat =

Quote Originally Posted by rzp
    Catching on fire or not ... the Heat was tired. This year CAN be exactly the opposite. I dnt think this is a good signal for the Spurs.

Fresh Spurs x tired Heat = Heat win, 7 game-series
    Tired Spurs (maybe) x fresh Heat =
    This whole tired/fresh thing gets way too played out. Every team at this point is tired and dealing with nagging injuries. Really, which is the last time a team just ran out of fumes in the Finals and lost because they were too tired?

The team that executes, even if they're "tired" wins. They're all tired, the Spurs are older and this will be the Heat's fourth deep playoffs run in a row...
    Last edited by TheMan; 05-09-2014 at 04:52 PM.