Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

Default Raptors to meet with Andray Blatche

The Toronto Raptors might be in the market for a new big man.

According to ESPN's Chris Broussard, the Raptors will meet with free agent centre Andray Blatche Wednesday in Las Vegas.

The 27-year-old Blatche played the last two seasons with the Brooklyn Nets and was a good contributor off the bench for Brooklyn in their first round victory over the Raptors in this year's playoffs. He averaged 11.2 points and 5.3 rebounds per game in 73 games played in 2013-14.

Blatche would likely back up Jonas Valanciunas if he ends up in Toronto.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=456749

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Raptors to meet with Andray Blatche

Oh boy that would be sweet! It'd be fun to see him on the court with Terrence Ross

That would be a solid backup. A deep bench could help us but we still need that game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by oamjad13
    Oh boy that would be sweet! It'd be fun to see him on the court with Terrence Ross
    That's pretty much the reason I don't want him on this team. Talent wise, the move makes sense, but not chemistry wise.

Even if they can put that aside, there's a reputation about Blatche not showing consistent performances or effort on the floor night in and night out.

Things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

I'm pretty sure that's the only time your going to see Blatche leave it all out on the floor. There aren't many options out there, but I really would't want him here.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

One would think that stealing a rotation player from a rival is a positive. Add to that the loss of Livingston and the raps should be clear favorites over the nets in the atlantic.

Althought I acknowledge that Blatche is not the most consistent performer, I think he could really contribute something on the floor for the raps.
    How many times do the raps seem to be outsized and overpowered inside?
    Blatche can play in combination with any of Val, amir and Patterson. He might be the 4/5 that we have been waiting for to give us some size advantages and big man versatility.

Next summer we look to sign a star 3 and we could be in serious business.

lowry, vaz 3rd string point guard
    derozen, Sweet Lou
    Ross, Fields Free-agent Mini-Midlevel? Cablaclo
    amir, Patterson hayes
    Val Blatche nogeuiro

Trade handsbro for a shooter if possible or a third string point guard or wing defender.

I'm torn, as I would rather have tucker than blatche, but I can see the pros of each guy.

I think if raps feel that Fields can get back to what he was, then they will target blatche. If not, then tucker.

Don't like it, unless it's so cheap that there's very little to no risk, cause you can't really know if he will give any fcks.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

He's dumb but skilled. As a backup PF/C, sure. As long as it's not a long contract. 1 or 2 years? That's fine. Anything more and there's no point in committing that much time to someone like Blatche.

Learning to shoot layups AC Earl's Avatar

what about Blatche as a backup for Pat Pat? I am sure he would be cheap and would probably take a 1 year deal (maybe second year team option).

Quote Originally Posted by AC Earl
    what about Blatche as a backup for Pat Pat? I am sure he would be cheap and would probably take a 1 year deal (maybe second year team option).
    I'm not content with Patterson at the starting 4. Not much options left I suppose.