Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default tim duncan has been a role player on offense for the last 7 years

Ever since 2008 (since tony parkers finals run ) tim duncan has been a 15-17ppg role player.. on offense hes resembled the output of maybe a 1998 6th man kobe bryant

If kobe was on a stacked team averaging 15 points with 2 other guys running the offense 90% of the time. I wouldnt put much weight into his ring if he were to win one

People need to stop talking about duncans legacy. Its already set in stone. There isnt anything he can do to climb any higher.

Top 6.7.8 at best.. top 7.8.9 at worst.. around kobe and shaq. All ranked differently by those who love or hate someone more than someone else

He could retire tomorrow and this team would still be amazing. If they win it this year and he retired. I doubt it would be hard to find another top 40 player in the nba to step in for them

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: tim duncan has been a role player on offense for the last 7 years

He was a top 10 player last season and would have been the Finals MVP had the Spurs not choked.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    Ever since 2008 (since tony parkers finals run ) tim duncan has been a 15-17ppg role player.. on offense hes resembled the output of maybe a 1998 6th man kobe bryant

If kobe was on a stacked team averaging 15 points with 2 other guys running the offense 90% of the time. I wouldnt put much weight into his ring if he were to win one

People need to stop talking about duncans legacy. Its already set in stone. There isnt anything he can do to climb any higher.

Top 6.7.8 at best.. top 7.8.9 at worst.. around kobe and shaq. All ranked differently by those who love or hate someone more than someone else

He could retire tomorrow and this team would still be amazing. If they win it this year and he retired. I doubt it would be hard to find another top 40 player in the nba to step in for them
    Lol, hedging already. He's not the best player on the Spurs anymore, but he's a close second. He's not a role player. If he is, all the Spurs are role players.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    He was a top 10 player last season and would have been the Finals MVP had the Spurs not choked.

2013 Finals:

Tim Duncan: 20/12/2? How about Parker and Manu?

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

I think it would have been Parker if Spurs close it in 6, but Duncan gets it if they win G7.

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    I think it would have been Parker if Spurs close it in 6, but Duncan gets it if they win G7.
    I think it would have been Duncan either way.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Tim Duncan 2013: All Defensive First Team, All Nba First Team in his 16th year in the season leading his team to the NBA Finals...what a piece of shit?

if that is true then Kobe has been a d-league player on defense the past 7 years

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    His game 6 at the end was great. Especially the two clutch shots he hit over Bron. But Duncan was their horse that series offensively/defensively. I honestly thought Leonard was better than Parker. Aside from that missed foul shot, he played almost perfectly.

Banned

Oh come on

He made that all nba team cause theres like 3 good centers in the nba and one of them was recovering from back surgery

Without that weak position and the spurs record duncan wouldnt have made 3rd team.. change his position to forward or guard. See if his 15 or 16 points and skipping every back to back game makes it

Oh come on

He made that all nba team cause theres like 3 good centers in the nba and one of them was recovering from back surgery

Without that weak position and the spurs record duncan wouldnt have made 3rd team.. change his position to forward or guard. See if his 15 or 16 points and skipping every back to back game makes it
    Defense is half the game...

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Yep. He absolutely took Bosh to the woodshed and made it hard for Bron to get to the rim at times. If Duncan was just a role player San Antonio doesn't take it to 7

Yep. He absolutely took Bosh to the woodshed and made it hard for Bron to get to the rim at times. If Duncan was just a role player San Antonio doesn't take it to 7
    Dude dropped 25 in the first half of G6.

BTW is Oden out for the playoffs? I guess he's not needed, but he'd be useful against Nene/Duncan/Hibbert.

Oh come on

I have no horse in this debate. Could really care less. But calling TD a role player is beyond dumb. He put the team on his back. Parker was quiet for long chunks of time and Ginobili was playing awful basketball.